Okay here people this is my FIRST fanfic. I'm not very good at this but this is my best try. This is Trent and Daria in love to the song "Blue" by A Perfect Circle.

The legal documentation: First off I do not own any of the Daria characters they are owned by MTV. I also do not own or have any rights to "Blue" by A Perfect Circle. I'm just a fan! Plus I have no money so you wouldn't want to sue me anyway (lawyers on your leashes and........STAY). If you love this or hate it feel free and email me at angelgirl1774@hotmail.com

(Indistinct, but getting louder as the camera zooms in.)

I didn't want to know

I just didn't want to know

Best to keep things in the shallow end

'Cause I never quite learned how to swim

(Song becomes incoherent and hard cut to Trent in his basement)

Lost in a lethargic dream Trent stares blankly at the bare wall. We notice he has headphones on and a CD player nearby. Dressed in this normal attire of a green tee-shirt and ripped jeans in a hard daze. "Why did she decide to tell me this now?" Trent muttered to himself. "Our relationship was perfect just the way it was, and I am.........(deep in thought) confused." An image of Daria appears and you see Trent staring lovingly at the blank wall imagining that it was Daria. All the feeling that he kept lingering inside. All the uncertainties. The same goes for her. Thoughts of the most beautiful things imaginable were popping up left and right. The only thing that mattered to him was Daria. All the other images are just feelings. He truly loved her. "I can't tell her that though." he muttered.

I just didn't want to know

Didn't want, didn't want, didn't want (slowly drifting off)

"Damn!!" he yells at the top of his lungs almost startling himself. He really didn't need this now. First the band and now this. "I'm finally going somewhere and I don't know what to do. I'm in love with her, more in love with her then anything in world. I would give anything to be with her. Except she's 16, and she's Janey's friend. I'm not so sure how she'd feel about that. Damnit!" Trent leans back to find a familiar comfort, his pillow. You watch as Trent starts to drift off.

Close my eyes just to look at you

Taken by the seemless vision

I close my eyes

Ignore the smoke

Ignore the smoke

Ignore the smoke

Trent now in a deep slumber dreaming of the girl he hoped some day to spend the rest of his life with. He imagined her smile and her face. He imagined her body and her voice. He puts his arms out as a welcome to hold her. She generously accepts with a smile of gratitude on her face. Her skin is so silky soft. He strokes her with his free hand. Even in his sleep you see him tremble with pleasure. A smile crept across his face. He is so taken by her beauty Trent feels as though he could pass out and is trying hard not to. He takes a deep breath as the dream comes to an end. Trent feels as though he cannot live another day without her.

Call an optimist she's turning blue

Such a lovely color for you

Call an optimist she's turning blue

Why don't I just sit and stare at you

The next day: we are still in Trent's basement. Same clothing but lying in a different position. The covers are half off the bed and his legs are sticking out from the bed. The camera pointed at the door and it slowly opens. Daria walks in and blushes at the sight of Trent. She is dressed unusually in a dark blue tee-shirt and black pants. You see her walk to the nearby couch closest to where his head is. She sits there quietly watching him sleep. She sighs gently to herself and lowers her head to his. She hears his breathing. He moves startling her and she moves back to her position on the couch. She stopped and thought for a moment: why was she down here? She couldn't remember. "Oh well." she whispered and continued watching Trent. He turned where you could not see his face but he could see the couch. One eye was open and he saw her watching him. He smiled so large for a few moments and moved so she knew he was awake. "Hey, um..Daria" He choked out. She stood straight up walked toward the door and turned around briefly to say "Um........Trent.........umpizzaisready." and ran out blushing. (maybe instead of call an optimist she's turning blue it should be call an optimist she's turning red..........hum.....)

Because I don't want to know
I didn't want to know
I just didn't want to know
I just didn't want

Trent sat there in awe. He wanted to speak. He couldn't. It took everything he had just to choke out her name and hey. "I'm so stupid!" He said. Why can't I just tell her.

Mistook the nods for an approval
Just ignore the smoke and smile

Trent smiled. It had been two long days being locked up in the basement. All he could think about was her. "I have to tell her, today!" Trent got up and walked to the door to find a familiar face standing there eavesdropping.

Call an optimist, she's turning blue
Such a lovely color for you
Call an optimist, she's turning blue
Such a perfect color for your eyes
Call an optimist, she's turning blue
Such a lovely color for you
Call an optimist, she's turning blue
While I just sit and stare at you

Trent smiled once again and without a second thought scooped Daria up and kissed her passionately. To his surprise she kissed him passionately back. They stood that way for what seemed like an eternity. They pulled away and Trent stared into her eyes. He lost himself in her thoughts. She did the same. The scene begins to go black and cut out. Trent, losing his temper screams Daria's name, but to no avail.

Trent looks around and stretches. "Shit, I'm naked" he muttered. He slowly turned to his other side to see a resting Daria on his side. "What have I done, don't tell me, shit." he said getting more confused by the minute. "Trent honey, are you awake?" Daria said very provocatively. "Um...what are we doing...here...naked..."He muttered at her. "Trent we got wasted and we took our clothes off. Shut up and kiss me!" She said in a bit annoyed tone.

I don't want to know........................... (song fades out)