Summary: Quinn makes a big decision about her future in the Fashion Club.


Notes: This is the second in my as-yet unnamed series about Quinn. It was also a very hard story to write. After about two pages I got stuck for a week or so.


Thanks once again to Thomas for beta reading my story and for killing my writer's block.



There Will be Days...
by Huggy

===============================================
Scene 1: Fade into the scene. From behind you can see a girl sitting at a large desk in an extremely pink room. Over her left shoulder you see that she is writing in a diary.

Quinn (writing VO): Dear diary, today could turn out to have been one of the best days in my life...or the worst. I suppose I won't really know for sure for a while. I really hope I did the right thing...


Scene 2: Earlier that day. Quinn is sitting at her desk in Mr. O'Neal's class. The Fashion Club is sitting around her talking to each other, Quinn looks anxious about something.

Sandi: The Fashion Club meeting is tonight at Stacy's house. (scolding) Perhaps this way you will make it there on time, Stacy! Unlike last week's unfortunate incident.

Stacy (almost crying): I'm so sorry Sandi; I swear Bobby's car broke down! I had to walk all the way to your house and the rain made my hair all messy!

Sandi (rolling her eyes): Whatever, Stacy. Just don't let it happen again, alright?

Stacy: Alright. Thank you, Sandi! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!


Sandi: Moving on, Cashman's is having a one-day sale this Saturday. I suggest we meet at Tiffany's house earlier in the day to make sure we are properly prepared. All in favor?

Stacy (cheery again) I!

Tiffany: Um, yeah.

Quinn sits quietly, not hearing what the others have been talking about.

Sandi: Uh, Quinn?

Quinn doesn't respond.

Sandi: Quinn!!!

Quinn (surprised): Huh? What?

Sandi: You were doing it again Quinn.

Quinn (honestly confused): Doing what?

Sandi (angry): While we were discussing matters important to the Fashion Club, you were daydreaming.

Quinn (tries to sound upset and fails): Oh, I'm so sorry Sandi. I promise I won't do it again.

Sandi: Very well. But watch yourself Morgendorffer, behavior like that will not be tolerated forever.

Quinn (already losing interest): Yeah, sure. Whatever.

O'Neal (at the front of the room): Hello class, yesterday I asked you to write a paper about what your usual day is like. I must say I'm fairly disappointed.

O'Neal begins passing out the papers. Quinn is a little surprised when he doesn't give her paper back.

Quinn (thought VO/to herself): Don't say anything. Maybe he just forgot all about your paper. Please say he forgot all about it.

O'Neal: Now moving on, whom here managed to read the chapters I assigned for the week?

Quinn sighs with relief.


Scene 3: O'Neal's room the students are leaving in a rush.

O'Neal: Quinn can I speak to you for a moment?

Quinn: Um, sure. I guess.

O'Neal waits for all of the students to leave before he starts talking.

O'Neal: I wanted to talk to you about your writing assignment.

Quinn (nervous): What about it?

O'Neal: You left the whole page blank and at the bottom you wrote "And then I go home." I'm afraid you're going to have to do more than that to get a passing grade.

Quinn: But, I tried! I just couldn't think of anything to write about.

O'Neal: Quinn, surely you must do something all day.

Quinn (miserable): You would think so, wouldn't you?

O'Neal (worried): Oh Quinn, are you having some problems? Do you need to talk about it?

Quinn (thought VO): What the hell, I need to talk to somebody. (aloud) Well, it all started when my sister left for college...

Cut to: Later. LHS hallway. Quinn is leaving O'Neal's room. Through the door you can see O'Neal at his desk crying.

Quinn (thought VO): GOD!! He is such a... girl!


Scene 4: Barch's class. Quinn is sitting at a table with Stacy.

Barch: Now class, I'm supposed to talk to you about pregnancy. It appears Ms. Li thinks some of the young women here are not entirely safe with their boyfriends. (stares pointedly at a girl who looks a great deal like Brittany)

Girl: Huh?

Ms. Li (over the PA): Quinn Morgendorffer, report to the principles office immediately!

Quinn gets up and leaves looking confused, behind her Stacy looks like she's (surprise, surprise) about to cry.

Stacy: Good luck, Quinn.


Scene 5: Ms. LI's office. Quinn is sitting in front of Ms. Li, Mr. O'Neal is standing off to the side looking worried.

Quinn: What's this about?

Li: Ms. Morgendorffer, it appears Mr. O'Neal thinks you may have some self- esteem issues to work out and based on what he told her, Mrs. Manson agrees. I'm afraid you are going to be required to attend a special class for a while.

Quinn (shocked): What?!

O'Neal: It's the same class Daria took remember? Look at how much it helped her. You said yourself that she has much better friends than you. I really think you would profit immensely from this.

Quinn (angry): Just because I said I would like to have friends like Daria's doesn't mean I want to be just like her.

Li: I don't really see what the point of all this arguing is, Ms. Morgendorffer. Either you attend the class or you fail, now go back to class.

Quinn leaves muttering.


Scene 6: LHS hallway. Quinn is at her locker, the rest of the FC approach.

Sandi: Quinn, we're going to Cashman's to do some planning for the weekend. Care to join us?

Quinn (nervously): Um, sorry Sandi, but I can't.

Sandi (angry): Oh, and why not?

Quinn (very nervous): Um, I have to do something for school.

Sandi (hmm, rage, yes rage sounds about right): You are doing schoolwork while we are shopping. What has happened to your priorities Quinn?!

Quinn (sounding a little like Stacy): I'm SO sorry Sandi. I can't help it; Ms. Li is forcing me to.

Sandi (unbelieving): Oh, why is that?

Quinn: They think I have low self-esteem or something.

Gasps and looks of shock all around.

Tiffany (confused): Low self-esteem...isn't that, like... one of those loser diseases?

Stacy (shocked): No, it can't be true. How could you have a loser problem? They must have made a mistake!

Sandi: They must have, no member of the Fashion Club would have reason for low self-esteem.

Quinn (desperate): You guys have got to help me. How can I convince Mr. O'Neal that I don't have a problem?

Sandi: Maybe you just need a makeover or something Quinn.

Stacy: Yeah, get some bright, cheery looking clothes. They couldn't possibly think you have a problem if you looked that happy.

Quinn (incredulous): A makeover?

Sandi (self-assured): Yes that will definitely help. Brighter clothes, some lighter makeup. You'll be back to normal again in no time.

Quinn (a little angry): Why do you always suggest that?

Sandi (surprised): Huh?

Quinn (really pissed): Every time something goes wrong you say, 'I know, let's get a makeover.' Do you actually think that will help? (mockingly) What's the problem? You're depressed. No you don't need to talk about it, you just need some new earrings! Huh, you failed the big test. A new pair of shoes is just what you need! (going nuclear) You just realized that everything about your life doesn't freakin' matter! Just get a new wardrobe and maybe some highlights! God you're an idiot.

Quinn walks off before anyone can reply. The FC just stands there looking shocked, until Stacy breaks down and starts crying hysterically.


Scene 7: Self-esteem class. Quinn walks in looking angry. She sits down at a desk in the front row.

O'Neal: Esteem, a teen. They don't really rhyme do they? The words don't quite mesh...

Quinn sits back in her desk and lets O'Neal voice fade into the background. A small smile shows up on her face.


Scene 8: Morgendorffer home. Quinn is in the kitchen, apparently at a loss for something to do. Jake is at the table reading the paper. Helen enters.

Helen: Quinn, I just got a call from your school. Apparently they seem to think you have low self-esteem.

Quinn (nervously): Uh, yeah.

Helen (motherly voice): Quinn is there something wrong? Did one of the boys from school not ask you out or something like that? Come on, I'm your mother. You can tell me.

Quinn (a little annoyed): No mom. Nothing like that.

Helen (getting impatient): Well then, what is it? I want to help and I don't think I can handle another Pizza Forest fiasco, like we had with Daria!

Quinn (angry): I'm fine mom! No problems at all, okay?

Quinn gets up and storms out of the room.


Scene 9: Back in Quinn's room. She's finishing writing in the diary.

Quinn (writing VO): Well, that's how it happened. I guess I have to apologize to mom in the morning. After I explain everything she should understand and if she doesn't she'll have to deal with it anyway. I don't think I'll be going back to the Fashion Club anytime soon and I don't regret it at all. I've been wanting to tell Sandi off for a long time.

Quinn closes the diary and puts it in a drawer in the desk. She gets up and walks to the closet. She opens the door and a pull out a large three-ring binder, on the cover is written The Rules and Regulations of the Fashion Club. Quinn takes the binder over to her desk and drops it in the trashcan sitting on the floor beside it.

Roll credits. Play Change by Lightning Seeds.



Additional notes: If you've seen the Daria ep titled Monster than you can probably guess the significance of the song Change by Lightning Seed.