Stupid Things
by Shawa
Legal Stuff:    I Don't own Daria, and I have nothing worth suing me so lay it off.

This is my first fanfic. English is not my natural language so there might be some errors in that text. Hope you like it.
There is a song list at the end. I you want to know those songs you didn't even know they Existed.

Synopsis: Daria, Jane, Trent, & Tom go to the girl's prom. Jane gets whacked. Daria gets Trent. No big Deal here

Roll-in: Daria Opening Montage (Standing on my Neck - Splendora)

Morgendorfer's House: Padded Cell

Split-Screen with Daria & Jane They're on the phone (All that she wants - Wizo (cover from Ace of Base))

Jane        Common you know you want it

Daria       (dry) Jane

Jane        Well dou you see an other alternative? (Bt) Don't think so...

Daria        I can ask Jesse

Jane        You'd be bored after 5 minutes... I know what i'm talking about, believe me you'd better ask Trent.

Daria        Oh the hell with it... but you ask him

Jane        You bet I will!

Helen        (O/S) Daria! Diner's Ready

Daria        Gotta go.. See ya

Jane        Bye
 

Jane's Room

Jane        (Jumpin around) Yes! Yes! Yes!

Trent enters

Trent        What's the fuss about?

Jane        Nothing. You doing something Friday night?

Trent        No, why?

Jane        Daria needs a date for the prom.

Trent        So?

Jane        She wants you to be her date

Trent        Really? I can do that for her?

Jane        Good i'll tell her

Trent        Do I need to wear something special?

Jane        I think your court wear will do

Trent        Good.

Trent exits.

Friday Night:

Daria's Room

Daria is wearing a basic black dress with a slit up to the knee on the right side and Jane got a red chineese-styled red dress with a stunted dug collar. They also wear their boots.

Daria        So he sais yes like that? No talkback?

Jane        Yep

Daria        Anyway, could you help me put my hair up?

Jane        Sure (while she's doing it) So who did Quinn ended with for tonight?

Daria        Jamie

Jane        One of her three leashed dogs?

Daria        Yep, the blond one

Jane        What about her plans to dominate the world?

Daria        Waited too long, had to fall back on her yes man.

Jane        It's done.

There's a knock on the door

Jake        Can I get in?

Daria        Yeah were decent dad

He enters the piece

Jake        Wow! You really look geat Kiddo, You too Jane

Daria        (blushes)You're saying that just to please me.

Jake        I swear, you really look hot in that dress! You're gonna break some heats down there!

Daria        Well, thanks dad.

Jake        So you're going with Trent?

Daria        Yes. I know he's old for me

Jake        (cuts her) I'm sure he'll be fine. I remember when he stayed here, he's a fine boy, he reminds me when i was his age.

Daria        Why did you come here?

Jake        I just wanted to warn you Helen got her camera out

Daria        Oh boy.

Jake        Try to be kind with her. For me, please

Daria        Ok, I will.

Jake        Thanks

He exits

Later

Jake        (O/S) Girls! Your dates are here!

Jane        Well, Show on girl.

Downstairs

Jake & Helen are on the coucher, Trent & Tom are by the door waiting. Trent wears a black 3 piece suit with a dark khaki shirt, a black panama and small rouns dark glasses. he holds a black rose. Tom has a stripped black suit with a dark blue shirt. Daria and Jane climb down the stairs. Trent sees Daria and has a face that says: "My god! She's Hot!" Tom sees that and smiles a Trent. (Thunderstike - ACDC)

Tom        (Whispers) Never tought she would look that great, many girls would kill just to look like that

Trent        (Whispers back) What other girls? never heard that there other girls on earth. (Tom grins more)

Helen        Guys would you like to pose for me?

All four        If we must

Helen        You do

They get together. They look like a police line-up

Helen        Common I want some smiles

Daria        I never smile without a good reason

Jake        Daria, please

They smile unheartedly, Helen snaps a few pictures.

Jake        Now get out of here. Have fun and don't do things I would't do... wait forget that one. Just have fun. If you want a ride back call me.

Daria        Thanks dad. Bye mom

They step out the house. In front there is a black '67 Mustang waiting for them (Cars - Fear Factory (cover from Gary Neumann)

Jane        How the hell did you get that beauty

Tom        It's one of my friend's father's car. I had to get to my knees to have it.

Trent        Please lemme drive it!

Tom        No way! you're too rude on cars man!

Trent        If i remember my car dosen't holds itself with steel wire.

Daria        What they would do for cars. (she looks at Jane, she's drooling over the car) Nevermind
 

Prom Building, front side, There is a lot of people massed to see the other people arrive. ( It's always like that)

Montage (Pretty Fly - Offspring)

Andrea and other goths gets out of a black '82 Cadillac Brougham Hearse Andrea wears a blue elizabethain dress

Jodie & Mack exiting a british racing green Jaguar XJ8 Jodie wears a classy jaguar fur like dress. Mack has the Men in Black look.

The FC getting out of a stretch Lincoln Town Car limo. Tiffany has a electric blue dress, Stacy a white tume dress, she looks very hyped, Sandi wears the same dress than Jane, Quin has a pale pink A-line dress, their dates, the 3 boys + Robert looks pretty anonymous.

Kevin & Bittanny getting down of a blue Hummer. Britanny has a blue dress and Kevin does not wear his football uniform, he has a black rented tux.

Daria, Jane, Trent & Tom getting out the 'stang, Sandi looks furious

Interior of the ballroom. The four landalians are at their table. (Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin)

Jane        (to Tom) Wanna dance, pretty boy?

Tom        Sure

They leave.

Daria        Sometime they make me sick

Trent        Yeah, me too

Daria        Common you can have any girl you want.

Trent        I know but i'm tired of of dating just to have sex.

Daria        Why?

Trent        I'd like to do something else than making out with my girlfriends. It's frustrating, you try to talk to them but all they see in you is a talking vibrator. i'm not like that you know it.

Daria        I know

Cut to the FC. They're at the drink table without their dates. There is a ice sculpture on the table.

Sandi        How can she dare to wear the same dress as I?

Tiffany        That's soooo bad.

Sandi        I dunno she looks different than you in that (Sandi glares at her) Maybe not.

Quinn        Don't worry, you look better than her and she's just a looser. let her be no one'll notice.

Sandi        I did. That's enough. I'll make so no one else will.

She grabs the ice sculpture

Cut to Trent & Daria

Trent        You know you look really good in that?

Daria        (blushes)You're saying that just to be kind with me

Trent        No. Really. I just never noticed that you were that beautiful

Daria        (blushes harder) Thanks

Trent        You know i think i'm in love

Daria        (dejectedly) And who is the lucky girl?

(O/S SFX: Smash)

They turn to see from where it comes. Jane is laying down uncouncious. Sandi is still holds the ice sculpture. Tom looks schocked.(Wrath Within - Children of Bodom)

Trent        What the fuck?

Daria        Jane?

They run to her side Tom holds Trent back before he decks Sandi. Daria gets up and faces Sandi

Daria        What the hell was that for?

Sandi        I had to

Daria        (looks like Jack Nicholson in the Shining, but worse) Cause she's got the same goddam dress than you? I always tought you were a little fucked up but that goes far beyond what i tought

Sandi        (Faux-cool) The bitch had just to choose an other one.

Daria looks at her a moment then punches her in te face. Sandi falls down and Daria starts to kick her with her boots. De Martino comes to restrain her but she pushes him away and continues to kick at the girl. De Martino and Coach Gibson succes at restraining her

Daria        (Yelling at the top of her lungs) Next time you call her bitch i'll kill you i swear it on my boots understood you goddam fuckin slut?

Trent takes her by the soulders

Trent        (Whispering) calm down Daria, she's not worthy.

Later at the Hospital, Waiting room (One - Metallica)

Tom        Why did that girl hat to snap like that?

Daria        (Still enraged) cause she just a goddam brainless fashion nazi

Trent        (senses Daria's wrath) Uh Tom i think you should get the Stang back.

Tom        (Picks up) I should

Trent        (tosses his keys to Tom) Here take my car, I would not ride in your wheeled junkmobile

Tom        Ok. Anyway I would not have a ride in it. I'd slam the gas too hard and blow the carburetor. Later

Trent & Daria        Later

Trent takes Daria's hand.

Trent        Why are you so upset.

Daria        Why? Cause my only friend lies in a freaking hospital bed and I cannot do anything about it.

Trent        You could't have done anything. You can't watch every noe she does.

Daria        I know that but i still feel guilty

Trent        You don't have to. It was a stupid accident. Sad, but it happened. You know if Tom hadn't been there I would have kicket that girls ass to. You know how i feel about Janey. She sure can be a pain in the ass sometimes but she's still my sister. I'm glad to have her in my life. our other siblings never really cared for us. And the 'rents are never home anymore. She's the only family member I really relate to.

Daria        I know. She's the one of the few who I really care of, her and you, and Tom in a certain way.

Trent        Wanna come outside I have to take some air, that place creeps me out.

Daria        Ok.

Ouside

Trent lights a cigarette

Daria        Since when d'you smoke?

Trent        I only smoke in stressful moments,and this is one. Want one

Daria        I don't smoke (bt) what the hell if it can calm me

Trent        Here

She lights up

Trent        You know i'm glad you came into Janey's life. She was pretty lonely. Before she used to hang with us. I don't think that's so good.

Daria        You're not that bad. And the guys are kinda funny. even if they can be dumb sometimes.

Trent        Yeah I know, but i think sometimes I have a bad influence on her.

Daria        Nah, you're a really nice person. A little Lazy maybe but nice. You're wise and you have the guts to hold on your ethics.

Trent        You really think that?

Daria        Yes. I think you're the kind of man every sensed woman would like to have in her live.

Trent        You know i really like you? I like the way you can make me think, your wicked sense of humor and all that. And I love that smile of yours.

Daria        (Blushing) don't say things you don't mean

Trent        Read my lips, you're the coolest girl I know. You know when i said you were beautiful, i really meant it.

Daria        (Blushing harder) Trent...

Trent        (Cups her face with his hand) You know that girl I said I was in love with?

Daria        (Feeling her heart sinking in her chest) yeah

Trent        I'm holding her beautiful face right now

He kisses her lightly on the lips. She blushes beet red

Trent        I love you Daria, and I mean it.

Daria        (hesitates a little) Me too, I love you Trent.

Trent        It's cold here wanna go inside?

Inside Waiting room

Dr. Phillips walks in

Dr. Philipps        Trent Lane?

Tent        Yeah?

Dr. Philipps       She's awake. Nothing seems to have been damaged.

Tom walks in

Tom        So?

Daria        She's fine

Dr. Phillips Follow me i'll show you her room.

Tom leaves with Dr. Philipps

Daria        We won't say anythig to her tonite ok?

Trent        No prob'

They enter Jane's room

Jane        Hey here they are

Trent        Hey Janey

Daria        Hi Jane

Dr. Philipps        When you're ready just go to the central desk they'll make you sign the papers.

Trent        Ok

In Trent's car, Jane, Tom & Daria are sleeping. Trent parks the car, he kisses Daria in the forehead, she wakes up (Mama i'm coming home - Ozzy Osbourne)

Trent        Were home, love

Daria        (stretching) What time is it?

Trent        3:30, if you want you can stay here tonight

Daria        Okay

Trent        Here's the keys, I'll wake those two

Daria goes to the door and unlocks it. Jane, Tom & Trent comes behind

Jane        Bed. Sleep. I. Must

Daria opens the door and they get upstairs. Tom & Jane get in Jane's room.

Daria        (whispering)Well I think i'll sleep on the couch.

Trent        (Hugs her, whispering too) You don't have to. I'll behave. Sweared.

Daria        I know you will. I know I won't.

Trent        In that case, you can sleep in my bed

Daria        I dunno

Trent        (smiles at her) You don't have to be afraid. I won't pressure you to anything.

Daria        (Looks in his eyes)Aw the hell whit the morals.

They enter Trent's room

Morning, Trent's room, Light peaking trough the stores.

Trent is spooning Daria's body. He wakes up. Looks at her and smiles.

Trent        God she looks like an angel.

He gets up, puts a pair of boxers (there little guitars printed on them) and a T shirt on and gets downstairs.

He starts brewing some coffee and making breakfast. He turns the radio on (American Jesus - Bad Religion)

Tom enters the room, clad in only his jeans

Tom        (Tiredly) 'morning Trent

Trent        Morning Tom. Breakfast won't be ready until a good half-hour.

Tom        Is Daria Ok? She seemed pretty upset last night.

Trent        Every one was.

Tom        I mean i've seen her when she's cold with someone, but I never tought she could be angry like that.

Trent        I know, she tends to hide her feelings a lot. Don't worry she's fine.

Tom        Hope that girl isn't to wercked.

Trent        Yeah

Jane wanders in, she has her usual sleep attire, white boxers, red t-shirt

Jane        Coffee

Tom        Hi Sweetie

Trent        Hey Janey, here's your coffee.

Jane chugs her mug down

Trent        5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Jane        Hello people.

Tom looks amused at that

Jane        Where's Daria?

Trent        Asleep in my room, we wanted to leave you some privacy

Jane        In your room? what she's doing her?

Trent        (O/S) Crap (aloud) uh

Daria        (O/S) Hi love,

Jane        Am I still dreaming or what? you said love?

We see Daria, She has a pair of black boxers whit skulls on it and an old Pantera t-shirt

Daria        Yup

Jane        It's what i think?

Daria        Yup

Jane        Unbelievable, I turn my back a minute and the get together.

Daria & Trent    Yup

Jane        Will you stop saying that

Daria        Yup

Jane        Ugh

Makeovers (Ruby Soho - Rancid)

Trent: Construction worker, Eric, from The Crow

Daria: 5o's Beatnik, Skater

Tom: Punk

Jane: Shirley Temple, Queen Amidala from Star Wars

Jake: Lasagna


All that she wants - Wizo, album unknown
Thundersrike - ACDC, can't remember wich album
Cars - Fear Factory, album unknown
Pretty Fly - Offspring,Americana, 1998
Stairway to Heaven, Led Zeppelin, IV
Wrath Within - Children of Bodom, Hatebreeder, 1999
One - Metalica, Black Album, 1991
Mama i'm Coming Home - Ozzy Osborne, Album unknown
American Jesus - Bad Religion, Recipe for Hate, 1994
Ruby Soho - Rancid, ...And out comes the wolves, 1994

Any commentaries? Here

© Triton Productions 2000