Power Rangers: Lawndale Force

(formally Mighty Moronic Power Rangers)

One - Dawn of the Rangers

 

Written By: Cyke

Based on:

Daria Created by: Glenn Eichler and Susie Lewis Lynn

and

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers © Saban Entertainment Inc.

 

 

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Moronic Power Rangers!

 

Curse you TAG! Curse you! If it hadn't been for your comments on the Scenes no Daria fanfic should ever have: oh the humanity board this travesty would never had befallen us! Your comments kept ringing in my head and wouldn't let me stop thinking of new scenes!

 

So everyone, blame TAG for this, his Dark Angst Lord powers infected my mind and used me for their evil ways! I was helpless, helpless!!!

 

Okay now that that's over with - Here ya go world, it is with extreme reluctance that I unleash upon you: The Mighty Moronic Rangers (thanks to Hiergargo for the title, sorry for the pain I caused you).

 

I even went so far as to rent the first episode on video to help me remember everything! Well it only cost me a dollar-

I would also like to thank www.rangercentral.com for a little bit of help regarding the power rangers.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Open on the surface of Venus... two astronauts spot something glinting in the distance.

 

      Astronaut #1: Hey did you see that?

     

      Astronaut #2: Yeah, lets go check it out.

 

They begin the trek over to the object, when they reach it they light they saw came from a red jewel on the top of what appears to be a giant trashcan.

 

      Astronaut #1: What do you think it is?

 

      Astronaut #2: I don't know, let's open it and find out.

 

He reaches over and touches the jewel which glows brightly scaring the astronauts away from it. Suddenly the top blows up and several lights leave it and hit the ground suddenly becoming monsters. There is a purple monkey standing upright and wearing a suit of golden armor (Goldar), an elderly looking creature in a long blue apron (Finster), a short, fat, blue pig-like creature with very large jaw teeth that cover up his top lip (Squatt), and lastly a tall rather pathetic looking bat-baboon whose wings are broken and torn (Baboo). Squatt walks over to the dumpster and yells into it.

 

      Squatt: Hey Rita, wake up we're free!

 

A woman rises out of the dumpster and stretches. Baboo steps forward and pushes Squatt out of the way.

 

Baboo: Here your evilness let me help you. (singsong) Walk with me, talk with me...

 

He tires to help but just causes her to slip.

 

      Rita: Watch it you nitwit, you made me step in a puddle. Get away from me!

 

She steps away from the dumpster then uses her wand and blows it up. Above them on the hill the astronauts fall over themselves trying to escape.

 

      Rita: Aw where are you going? You're going to miss my coming out party, the

one where I destroy the nearest planet! Ah hahahahaha...

 

Cut to: Lawndale High - the practice football field. The team is running drills while on the other side of the field the cheerleaders are practicing their pyramid. Ted DeWitt-Clinton is taking pictures of the football team while Daria is taking pictures of the cheerleaders with her friend Jane. Up in the stands the fashion club watches the football players...

 

      Jane: Okay Daria, explain to me again, why are we here?

 

      Daria: We needed pictures for the yearbook...

 

      Jane: Why can't Ted take all the pictures?

 

Daria: Ms. Morris said she doesn't want any boy ogling her cheerleaders during practice...

 

Jane: So she has practice directly across from the football team... can't argue with that logic. Now tell me why I'm here?

 

Daria: Moral support, inspiration for new paintings...

 

Jane: Ah, that one will do.

 

The ground begins to shake and the cheerleaders' all fall on top of each other. Up in the stands the fashion club members, sans Tiffany, grab onto each other in fear. Daria falls and her glasses fly off her face. Some of the football players distractedly crash into each other, but one in particular, Mack, takes off his helmet and looks around.

 

      Mack: What the, an earthquake in Texas!?

 

      Jane: Just be glade we're not in the library, right Daria?

 

Cut to: The power Chamber - Alpha 5 attempts to remain on his feet as he approaches the control panel.

 

Alpha: Ay yi yi! Zordon, Rita Repulsa has been released from her prison dumpster and is attacking the planet!

 

Zordon: Calm down Alpha, teleport to us five overbearing and over emotional humans.

 

Alpha: No! Not teenagers, any thing but that!

 

Zordon: Alpha, I told you want to do, now do it!

 

Alpha: Ay yi yi, sure thing Zordon!

 

The robot works some more controls and then in the center of the room five different colored (black, pink, blue, yellow, and red) electric fields appear and quickly disappear leaving five teens standing in their place. They are Mack, Britney, Ted, Tiffany, and Jane.

 

      Britney: Kevvie?

 

      Ted: Oh my... this place is magnificent! It's even better than virtual reality!

 

      Tiffany: Wheeerrreeee....

 

      Jane: Hey what the hell is this? How'd we get here and who brought us here?

 

      Mack: This can't be good.

 

      Ted: Maybe one of these buttons will-

 

      Alpha: Ahh no don't touch those!

 

Zordon appears back in his tube and looks at the teens then at Alpha.

 

      Zordon: Alpha... you're fired.

 

      Alpha: B-but Zordon!

 

      Zordon: Just send them back and get me five good choices!

 

      Alpha: W-we can't, there isn't enough energy!

 

      Zordon: Fine, we'll just have to work with- them...

 

Jane: Hey Mr. floating head- who are you to go around kidnapping people during a freak earthquake?

 

Zordon: I am Zordon, and I don't like the way you're talking to me.

 

Jane: Tough.

 

Mack: Jane wait... let just calm down and let the head explain.

 

Zordon: Head?!

 

Mack: Oh, sorry, Zordon was it?

 

Alpha: Yes, and I am Alpha-

 

Britney: I want my Kevvieee!

 

She begins to cry.

 

Tiffany: (slow) This place is weird...

 

Alpha is busy trying to keep Ted away from the controls while Jane and Mack wait for an explanation. Zordon looks over the scene.

 

Zordon: QUIET! All of you just shut up and listen! Here it is, the planet is under attack and you five have been chosen to save it.

 

      Mack: Oh really?

 

Jane: Yeah, who'd attack this planet and who'd be dumb enough to choose the saviors of the world from Lawndale?

 

Zordon: You don't believe me? Fine, look toward the viewing globe and all of your doubts will be answered.

 

They all turn and walk over to a large cloudy globe where video of Rita riding a bicycle through the air followed by Goldar.

 

Jane: Okay, anyone else thinks this a little too much like Wizard of Oz... Ms. Li better look out for falling houses.

 

Zordon: Moving on, That is Rita Repulsa; an intergalactic sorceress who is intent on ruling the universe. With her henchmen and putty patrollers she plans to take over the earth.

 

Tiffany: (slow) Her makeup, ewww...

 

Jane: That's a very astute observation Tiffany, thank you for contributing to the conversation.

 

Tiffany: What?

 

Jane: Never mind...

 

Ted: But what does this have to do with us?

 

Zordon: Each of you has been chosen to form an elite fighting force to stop Rita and her minions. You will be given access to extraordinary powers drawn from the ancient creatures you call dinosaurs.

 

Mack: Okay, now this is getting unbelievable... how can anyone draw powers from extinct animals?

 

Zordon: I... I don't know how we just can.

 

Suddenly a silver rectangular device with a golden coin etched with a different dinosaur appears on a belt around each of their waists. They take it off and look at the device.

 

      Zordon: Behold, the keys to your power.

 

      Mack: Whoa, what are these?

 

Zordon: They are your power morphers, when you are in danger hold them toward the sky and call out the name of your dinosaur and you will morph into a formidable fighting force known throughout the universe as power rangers.

 

Britney: Morph...?

 

Ted: Metamorphosis! (off everyone's look) It means to change.

 

Britney: (twirling her hair) Oh! Change...into what?

 

Zordon: Power Rangers...

 

Britney: Oh... like girl scouts or something...

 

Jane: No, not like the girl scouts... apparently we'll change into fighters to defend the earth from some space witch...

 

Britney: What! I have to fight someone?

 

Jane: I give in, Mack you're up.

 

Mack: Me? I'm still trying to figure this out myself.

 

Zordon: Look, we're in a bit of a rush here so figure it out later okay? As I was saying-

 

Jane: Look, this is completely unbelievable and I'm late for pizza so you're just going to have to find someone else to bore.

 

Mack: Hate to say but same here, uh... how do we get out of here?

 

A door at the back of the room opens and they all file out toward it.

 

      Alpha: Well that didn't go well.

 

      Zordon: Alpha, prepare my ship, we're leaving.

 

      Alpha: What! But Zordon-

 

Zordon: No buts, with those kids as our last hope, the world is doomed and I'm not going down with it. Now prepare the ship.

 

      Alpha: Yes Zordon.

 

Cut to the outside of the power chamber, the rangers leave and find themselves in the middle of a dessert.

 

      Britney: Oh we'll never make it back home!

 

And she breaks down in tears again.

 

      Tiffany: It's so hot...

 

Jane: Yeah, the least they could have done is sent us back the way they brought us. Oh well- feet, get to walking.

 

Cut to: Rita's palace on the moon - Rita is on the balcony looking through her telescope at the teens leaving the power chamber.

 

      Rita: Ahahahahahaha! Teenagers? Is that the best you can do Zordon!

 

She turns and storms back into her palace.

 

      Rita: Finster! Are those putty patrollers ready yet?

 

Across the room Finster is mashing together some putty which he rolls into cylindrical shapes and then places them into a humanoid mold and closes the lid. When he opens it the clay is now humanoid shaped, he takes them and places them upright on a tray with many others.

 

      Finster: Coming right up your evilness.

 

      Squatt: Those putties will make space dust out of those kids!

 

Finster: And the best part is that if they don't we can make more of them. Now into the monster-matic they go.

 

Finster sets the tray down on a platform then turns a wheel that slides the tray into a machine. Once the tray is completely inside the machine Finster pulls a lever and the machine activates - A horn sounds and smoke shoots out of an exhaust pipe on top of the machine. A long plastic tube connected to the back of the machine starts to move down to it's end where there is a quick spark followed by putty after putty.

 

      Rita: Now my putties prepare to get those teenagers!

 

Cut to the dessert, Jane and Mack lead the group with Tiffany and Britney lagging behind.

 

Ted: Hey guys, maybe we shouldn't have left... I mean think about it we could be superheroes like in the video games!

 

Jane: Sorry but I'm content just being an artist...

 

Mack: I just don't believe anything a floating head says unless I see it myself.

 

There is an explosion right above them.

 

      Jane: What was that?

 

      Ted: Look!

 

They all turn and see a number of putties appear and quickly surround them.

 

      Jane: Well, this enough proof?

 

The putties attack them; Mack tackles tow of them to the ground while Jane tries to punch the one that attacked her. Two putties grab Britney while two more take Tiffany.

 

      Britney: Ewww!! Kevviee help me!

 

Britney's high pitched cries appear to hurt the putties and they throw her to the ground. The ones holding tiffany follow suit. Ted finds himself standing before one putty that tries to punch him but Ted catches its arm and twists it eliciting a cry of pain from it.

 

      Ted: Asymmetric exercises. I've been doing them since age 10.

 

A second putty grabs him from behind and spins him around and into the others. Mack is triple teamed and tossed over to the others, while Jane is ducking and side stepping the ones attacking her. Finally she is grabbed and thrown into the others.

 

Jane: Damnit! That floating head said that these things could help us, let's use them already!

 

Mack: Right!

 

They all pull out their morphers- cut to transformation screen (an extreme close-up of the morphers but the inner part is replaced with an electricity field of each Ranger's particular color, their head, and their hands holding the morpher):

 

      Mack: Mastodon!

 

      Britney: Um, Pterodactyl?

 

      Ted: Triceratops!

 

      Tiffany: (very slowly) Saaabbbeeerrr...

 

Cut to Jane's morphin' screen-

 

      Jane: Just skip her, Tyrannosaurus!

 

Cut to the four rangers posing together while Tiffany still tries to morph. The rangers, minus Tiffany and Britney, begin fighting off the putties. Britney just runs away as three of the Putties chase after her, Mack jumps in front of them and knocks them all onto their backs. Ted grabs one by the arm and flips it over onto its back and kicks it into two other Putties. Jane uses one of the putties as a platform which she jumps off of, and then she twists in the air and pulls out her blade blaster and fires at the remaining four putties. The defeated putties all disappear and the rangers all gather back into a group.

Cut to: Tiffany's morphin' screen-

 

      Tiffany: (slow) ...toothed tigggger!

 

Cut back to the group now complete with the yellow ranger.

 

      Yellow Ranger: Heeeey, I did it....

 

The black, blue and red rangers drop their heads in annoyance.

 

      Yellow Ranger: Does this make me look fat?

 

Cut to: Rita's Moon Palace - Rita is watching them through her telescope.

 

Rita: AHHHHH! Finster your putties are worthless! Well, I'll just fight fire with fire; after all they won't be a match for my evil Green ranger!

 

Goldar: Send me to destroy them, my lady.

 

Rita: Fine, keep them off my back.

 

She laughs as she disappears.

Cut to: Street, Daria is walking down the street by herself when Rita appears before her. Daria jumps back and falls on her butt.

 

      Rita: Yes, you'll be perfect for my evil Green Ranger.

 

      Daria: Your what? Look I'm not-

 

      Rita: Yes you are!

 

Rita points her wand at Daria and they disappear.

Cut back to the power chamber- Alpha is moving some crates as the rangers, carrying their helmets, in their hands enter the command room.

 

      Jane: Well thanks to you we just got jumped by some of Rita's putties.

 

      Tiffany: That word, ewww...

 

Zordon: Do you mind? I was explaining... oh why bother.

 

Alarms sound and red lights around the room start flashing.

 

      Mack: What's that?

 

      Alpha: Ay yi yi! That's the command center's alarm!

 

      Zordon: Rita must have begun her attack on Lawndale! Behold the viewing globe.

 

They all turn and look at the giant globe behind the control panels. It shows Goldar attacking Cranberry Commons.

 

      Tiffany: I like his armor...

 

      Jane: Tiffany dear, do us a favor and not talk.

 

      Tiffany: That is so wrong...

 

      Zordon: Enough, rangers you have to stop Goldar.

 

      Jane: Fine, what have I gotten into here? Back to Action!

 

Cut to Cranberry Commons - Goldar is smashing windows while his putties chase after the shoppers. The rangers teleport in.

 

      Red Ranger: Hey Goldilocks,  wanna try that with us?

 

      Goldar: Putty patrol, get them!

 

The putties descend on the rangers but the Red Ranger pushes through the putties and pulls out her Blade Blaster in blade mode and Goldar meets her with his sword. Britney is grabbed from behind by a putty as a second one jumps in front of her, she kicks her feet up and knocks the second one back then she does the splits and slips out of the putty's arm. The putty looks though its open arms as Britney leans back and kicks it in the head.

Mack kicks one putty in the head knocking it down, then he grabs it by the legs and swings it around taking out four more putties. With all the putties down the rangers reform and watch the Red Ranger fighting Goldar. The Red Ranger spins around Goldar and kicks him to the ground, she starts to attack him but is shot from off-screen. They turn but don't see anyone. Their communicators beep and Mack answers it-

 

      Black Ranger: Yes?

 

Alpha: (on the communicator) Ay yi yi, rangers return to the command center immediately!

 

Cut to the command center - the rangers teleport in unmorphed.

 

      Jane: What's up?

 

      Zordon: Observe the viewing globe

 

On the viewing globe we can see the Green ranger leading a group of putties and Goldar into Lawndale.

 

      Ted: Hey, that's a ranger like us!

 

Zordon: No, that is Rita's evil Green ranger; you must go and stop him before he hurts anyone.

 

Ted: Morphanominal!

 

They all look at him...

 

Zordon: Maybe it's best you don't speak either... Alpha!

 

Alpha: Right on it Zordon.

 

He touches a button on the control panel and the rangers teleport out.

Cut to: The front of Lawndale High - the rangers teleport in.

 

      Green Ranger: (OS) Welcome to your destruction rangers!

 

Jane recognizes the voice-

 

      Jane: Daria!

 

Green Ranger: Maybe once, but now I'm Green Ranger, now prepare to be destroyed! Putty patrols, attack! You too Goldar!

 

The rangers pull out their morphers-

 

      Mack: Mastodon!

 

      Britney: Pterodactyl!

 

      Ted: Triceratops!

 

      Tiffany: (slowly) Saaabbbeeerrr...

 

Cut to Jane's morphin' screen-

 

      Jane: Damnit Tiffany! Tyrannosaurus!

 

The morphed rangers move out and engage the putties, quickly disposing of them.

 

Green Ranger: Well I am quite surprised, you actually managed to beat my putties, actually I'm not these things are pathetic. Anyway, lets see how you fare against my - DRAGONZORD! Arise!

 

She pulls out the Dragon Dagger and plays a few notes and repeats them over and over. The ground begins the shake and the rangers have trouble standing as a shadow is cast over them. They turn to see a giant robotic Dragon about to step on top of them. They leap out of the way and look back up at the massive Zord.

 

      Black Ranger: Okay, how are we supposed to fight that thing?

 

      Red Ranger: Oh we're screwed...

 

Blue Ranger: Come on guys, we can't just give up. (activates his communicator) Zordon, we need some help.

 

Cut to the command center - Zordon and Alpha are watching the scene on the viewing globe.

 

      Zordon: We see it, Ted- Do not worry... Alpha, send out the zords.

 

      Alpha: Right away Zordon! (presses a set of buttons) They're on their way!

 

Cut to a shot of a robotic Tyrannosaurus Rex rising up from a lake of lava.

Cut to a shot of a robotic Mastodon rising from a frozen block of ice.

Cut to a shot of a robotic Triceratops traveling through a desert.

Cut to a shot of a robotic Saber-toothed tiger running though a jungle.

Cut to a shot of a robotic Pterodactyl flying out of a volcano.

Each ranger jumps up to their respected Zord and land in the pilot's seat.

Cut to:

 

      Red Ranger: Log on!

 

Cut to:

 

      Black Ranger: Mack here ready to rumble!

 

Cut to:

 

      Blue Ranger: This is Ted, all systems ready to go!

 

Cut back to the ground where tiffany is still trying to morph. Zordon's voice can be heard over her communicator.

 

      Zordon: Tiffany, the other rangers need your help. You must morph now!

 

      Tiffany: Oh... okay, (cut to morphing screen) saber-toothed tiger.

 

Cut back to Tiffany now morphed as the Yellow Ranger.

 

      Yellow Ranger: Wow, I did it again.

 

She looks up and sees the giant Saber-toothed tiger.

 

      Yellow Ranger: Is this mine?

 

      Zordon: Yes Tiffany, now hurry!

 

      Yellow Ranger: Okay.

 

She jumps up to her zord and lands in the pilot's seat.

 

      Yellow Ranger: Hey guys I'm here.

 

Cut to: The Pink Ranger looks around at all the controls confused, she tries to twirl her hair but can't because it's inside her helmet.

Cut to a shot of the Zords moving.

 

      Blue Ranger: Wow, somehow I know exactly how to control this thing!

 

      Red Ranger: Yeah it's like painting!

 

Cut back to the Pink Ranger in the pilots seat.

 

      Pink Ranger: Oh... what do I do? Maybe this button-

 

She presses a button and her Zord fires accidentally hitting the Black Ranger's Mastodon.

 

      Black Ranger: Britney! Why are you shooting at me?

 

      Pink Ranger: Oh, I'm sorry Mack! I just don't know what to do! Maybe this-

 

She presses another button on her control panel and her Zord jets forward pinning her back in the seat. She grabs the controls and pushes them forward which sends her Zord into a steep dive, she pulls the controls back but not in time to avoid ramming into the Big Strawberry, Lawndale's only roadside attraction, scattering the tourist as it falls over.

 

      Pink Ranger: Eap!

 

She pulls back on the controls even harder and loops around and begins flying back toward the ground, in her panic she presses the fire button again and this time blows the Tommy Sheridan Memorial Goalpost to bits. She finally pulls back on the controls and her Zord Levels out.

 

      Black Ranger: Britney. Just don't touch anything...

 

      Red Ranger: Yeah, you're doing more damage than the Dragonzord.

 

The Pink Ranger bursts out in tears.

 

      Black Ranger: Way to go Jane!

 

      Red Ranger: Hey!

 

Zordon speaks to the rangers over their radios.

 

Zordon: Rangers, you will not be able to defeat the green ranger unless you work together... you must combine the zords to create the Megazord!

 

Red Ranger: Okay guys we all heard what the head said, Megazord power on!

 

- The zords all form together and we cut to shots of each zord transforming:

- The saber-toothed tiger's legs fold forward

- The Triceratops's tail flips over reviling a locking peg.

- The Saber-toothed tiger and the triceratops emit an energy beam toward the Tyrannosaurus' feet which pulls them together and they lock into place.

- The Mastodon's body splits open and two gun torrents swing out.

The Mastodon's body joins onto the back of the T-Rex while the head of the mastodon merges onto the front of the collection of zords.

All together the zords roll toward the Dragonzord.

Cut to the main cockpit, all of the rangers are present. The Red Ranger grabs a control and pushes it forward.- the power coin displays on the inside light up.

 

      Meagzord: (robotic voice) Megazord Battle mode initiated.

 

Cut to the outside - The gun barrels swing around reviling hands and then the back half of the mega zord rises up into a humanoid stance. The Pterodactyl flies down toward it and spins around - The T-rex's head drops down reviling a robot head and then the Pterodactyl joins the rest of the zords at the chest. Two horns swing forward from the side of the robot's head and then its eyes rapidity flash.

 

      Megazord: (robotic voice) Megazord activated!

 

Cut to the Green Ranger standing on a rooftop.

 

Green Ranger: Ha, so you have zords of your own? No matter, Dragonzord, open fire!

 

She starts playing her Dragon Dagger again and the Dragonzord raises it's hands and fires missiles from each finger. The missiles hit the Megazord and knock it backwards.

 

      Blue Ranger: Oh no, our shields have taken a major hit.

 

The Green Ranger plays another tune on the Dragon Dagger and the Dragonzord's lights on its chest light up and its tail begins to spin. The Dragonzord whips it's tail at the Megazord and sparks fly as it slams into it. The Megazord falls to the ground and the Dragonzord strikes it once again. The Megazord is able to get onto its feet.

 

      Red Ranger: Damn that thing is tough... we need the power sword!

 

A sword appears in the Megazord's hand and the Megazord moves forward to attack. The Green Ranger plays the Dragon dagger again and the Dragonzord once again launches its missiles at the Megazord.

 

      Blue Ranger: That last attack did it, our shields are down!

 

      Black Ranger: Weapons are failing!

 

The Dragonzord spins and slams the Megazord with its tail again and the Megazord drops its arms and falls over. The rangers are ejected from the Zord and land on the ground and de-morph.

Cut to: The Command center

 

      Zordon: Quickly Alpha, teleport the rangers back here.

 

      Alpha: Ay yi yi, okay Zordon.

 

Alpha presses a few buttons and the five rangers teleport into the command center. They slowly get up and look at the viewing globe. On it we see the Green Ranger laughing triumphantly then teleport away.

 

      Ted: Zordon, what happened to the Megazord?

 

      Zordon: The zords were sent back to their respective hide spots for repairs. Do     not feel bad, the Dragonzord is a very formidable opponent-

 

      Green Ranger: (OS) Of course it is.

 

The Green Ranger steps out of the shadows and approaches the rangers.

 

      Green Ranger: As am I.

 

The other rangers back away for the Green Ranger.

 

Green Ranger: Oh, don't worry I'm not here to fight, I came to give you a chance to surrender...

 

Jane: Daria, how can you do this?

 

Green Ranger: It's really quite easy Jane, care to join me?

 

Jane: No... I've picked my side.

 

Green Ranger: Too bad... see you soon.

 

The Green Ranger disappears in a pillar of green flame.

The rangers all look scared.

Cut to the next day at Lawndale High.

Kevin enters the cafeteria and Britney runs up to him and hugs him.

 

      Britney: Oh Kevviee!!

 

Kevin: Hey babe, hey did you hear what happened to the Tommy Sheridan goalpost?

 

Britney bursts into a fresh session of crying and runs off.

 

      Kevin: Hey babe what did I say?

 

End.