New Masters of the Universe

eight - reborn of fire

 

Written By: Cyke

Based on:

Daria Created by: Glenn Eichler and Susie Lewis Lynn

and

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

 

 

      Mack: (VO) Last time on New Masters of the Universe...

 

Fade up on: Kevin as a hand slaps him hard across the face.

 

                Britney: Kevin Thompson I don't ever want to speak to you again!

 

Britney turns and quickly storms off passing Mack and Jodie. They reach Kevin and stop.

 

                Mack: Ok Kevin, what did you do this time?

 

                Kevin: I-I broke up with her.

----------------------

Daria drops down in front of Jane and sends a barrage of energy blasts at Blade and Tri-Klops who jump to their feet and run off.

 

                Jane: Come on they're getting away!

 

Helen: Just one moment, Daria I believe you have some explaining to do.

----------------------

Kevin: By the power of Greyskull!

 

Kevin's transformation is complete and he grabs the sword's blade and holds it across his chest.

 

                Kevin: I have the Power!

 

Behind him Kevin hears a noise and he spins around and points his sword at the figure behind him.

 

                He-Man: Britney!

 

Before either can act a second lightning bolt strikes the power sword then shoots out the tip and strikes Britney. She shrikes but it becomes a growl as she is transformed. He-Man hides his eyes from the bright light but lowers his hand as the light dies down. He looks around but Britney is gone.

----------------------

Beastman lies with one of his creatures pinning him to the ground. He tries to get free until his attacker lands on top them. It's a girl with blond and black striped hair.

 

                Beastman: Who dares attack Beastman!

 

                Wildcat: You can call me Wildcat.

----------------------

He-Man: Britney?

 

She rushes Beastman and leaps up above him and slams both of her hands into his shoulders as well as kneeing him in the back and then somersaulting onto her feet as he falls face first to the ground. Beastman gets to his knees but in an instant Wildcat is on top of him again clawing, biting, and kicking. Beastman retreats but Wildcat refuses to let up her assault. She does a handstand then roundhouse kicks Beastman sending him into a large tree that knocks him out. She starts toward him again until He-Man steps between them.

 

                He-Man: Hey, I think you got him.

 

                Wildcat: Oh come on babe; let a girl have her fun while she can.

 

She grabs him by the hair and kisses him deeply then leaps into a tree and vanishes.

 

He-Man: (Thought VO) Jodie... I need some help in the woods; we have another prisoner - Its Trent.

----------------------

Sorceress: ...I don't see how I can help Trent... there are only two people who I believe can save them, Skeletor himself - and Andrea.

 

Daria: I'm not sure that's a good idea.

 

Jane: If she can help Trent then I'm for it.

 

Daria: Jane wait-

 

Jane: No Daria, this is Trent's only chance.

----------------------

Andrea (Lyn): You want to help them don't you?

 

                Andrea: Yeah... besides, it's about time for my yearly good deed.

 

Andrea (Lyn): I don't think you realize what this is going to entail.

 

Andrea: What else are we going to do?

 

Andrea (Lyn): This is going to take a while.

 

Andrea: Well then, let's get Jane and start already.

----------------------

Jodie: I must crazy; with everything going on right now I'm still here decorating the gym for the school dance.

 

Skeletor: (Off-screen) So true my dear Sorceress! You should worry more about me!

 

Jodie spins to face Skeletor, his abdomen is wrapped in bandages and he is using his chaos staff to steady himself.

 

                Skeletor: You have something I need, and I'm here to take it.

----------------------

Mack is holding Jodie in his arms.

 

Jodie: (eyes widening) Skeletor! He was here; he had some orb that sucked my magic into it. He's up to something big...

----------------------

Skeletor is talking to Tri-Klops and Blade.

 

Skeletor: I have a new friend for you meet, this is Trapjaw.

 

From the shadows Trapjaw steps into the light, it's Axl.

 

Skeletor: He will be leading you in your next mission, along with an army of these.

 

Two robots step into the lights next to Trapjaw.

----------------------

 

Daria lies asleep in her bed as the sound of marching slowly builds from outside her window. She stirs and reluctantly wakes up and puts on her glasses. She gets out of bed in her blue oversized t-shirt and she looks out her window.

 

      Daria: What the hell!

 

Through the window we see hundreds of Skeletor's robots marching down the street. About twenty break off of the main group and start marching up toward her house. Daria picks her communicator off of the floor and activates it.

 

      Daria: Jane! Jodie! Mack! Hell Kevin! Anyone!

 

The sound of the front door being smashed forces Daria to make a decision. She drops the communicator and runs out of her room and down the stairs. The robots have already entered her house and one of them is advancing on Jake.

 

      Daria: Dad!

 

She blasts the robot away from him then takes a position between him and the other robots. She begins blasting them and they go down easily, but for each one she stops two appear.

 

      Daria: Get out of here dad!

 

      Jake: But what about yo-

 

      Daria: I got it, get out!

 

Jake turns and runs toward the back of the house.

 

      Daria: I know it's me you want, so come get me!

 

Daria flies though the robots blasting them out of her way until she reaches the door and flies out into the open air. She flies up into the sky but is cut off by two laser blasts. She turns to see a vehicle that once was the Tank. Now it has tank treads instead of tires, dual missile launchers on either side, and a twin-laser platform on the top manned by Blade. Inside Tri-Klops is driving it and controlling the missile launchers.

 

      Blade: You can't escape this time! Fire!

 

Tri-Klops waves to her then presses a button that launches two missiles at Daria. She flies up to try and outrun the missiles but quickly it becomes apparent that she cannot, so she loops around and flies back toward the Tank with the missiles right after her.

 

Daria: If I can't escape, then I'll just have to take you with me!

 

Daria fires an energy blast at Blade narrowly missing him.

 

      Blade: Why you, I'll show you!

 

      Tri-Klops: No you fool!

 

Blade fires his laser cannon at Daria but she turns and flies between the two laser blasts which continue on and strike the missiles.

 

      Blade: What! You tricked me!

 

      Daria: Of course.

 

      Tri-Klops: Robot soldiers, fire!

 

The robots remove their rifles and open fire on Daria who flies up into the clouds.

 

      Daria: I have to get to Jane's!

 

In the secret chamber of the old barn Andrea hovers in mid air with her legs crossed. She has her eyes closed in concentration while whispering something and making various hand gestures toward Beastman's cage. Across from him Evil-Lyn leans against the wall and watches Andrea.

 

Evil-Lyn: What's wrong... can't you figure out how to change him back? I could've done it by now...

 

Andrea opens one eye and glares at Evil-Lyn but doesn't stop whispering. She raises her hands high above her head and an orange energy ball appears - its small but quickly it grows to double its original size. She stops her whispering and turns her hear to the left.

 

      Andrea (Lyn): Lower the force field.

 

      Sorceress: Are you sure?

 

      Andrea (Lyn): Yes, do it now!

 

The Sorceress raises her staff and the force field dissipates. Beastman quickly gets up and leaps at Andrea but she throws the energy ball at him and it drives him backward into the wall where he drops unconscious, the energy ball slowly begins to merge with him and his body radiates with the same orange glow.

 

Andrea (Lyn): Replace the shield. This will take a few hours to finish...

 

She trails off as she drops to the floor. The Sorceress recreates the force field then checks on Andrea.

 

      Sorceress: Andrea?

 

She checks her pulse and sighs with relief - behind her the door opens and Jane descends the stairs and immediately sees Beastman glowing.

 

 

      Jane: What the hell is she doing?

 

      Sorceress: She just finished the spell-

 

Both of their communicators activate-

 

      Daria: (from communicator) Jane! Jodie! Mack! Hell Kevin! Anyone!

 

Jane grabs her communicator but Daria has already broken the connection.

 

      Jane: Daria? Daria! She's not answering...

 

Sorceress: I have to stay here to look after Andrea and Beastman, but I can teleport you to her house-

 

Jane: But my weapons are still back at my house, send me there and I'll make my own way to Daria's.

 

Sorceress: Ok, I'll send Kevin and Mack to help you.

 

She holds out her staff and moves it in a circle creating a portal.

 

      Sorceress: Hurry Jane.

 

      Jane: Take care of Trent.

 

Jane enters the portal and it vanishes. Just then the Sorceress is hit with a vision and she drops to her knees.

Jane exits the portal into her room.

 

      Jane: Hey, great aim.

 

She opens a trunk next to her easel revealing her armor.

In front of Jane's house Daria flies down from the clouds and is immediately shot at by the Tank.

 

      Daria: Damnit!

 

She dives toward the street and pulls out of it at ground level and speeds toward the Tank.

 

      Blade: She's to low, I can't get her.

 

      Tri-Klops: Don't worry; she'll be road kill in a moment.

 

He speeds up the Tank and aims for Daria. She also speeds up but moves to the right and speeds past the tank. She quickly pulls up and lands on top of the tank behind Blade. He turns in time to see her fist. The blow knocks Blade out of his seat and down to the ground. Daria takes his seat and turns the lasers back onto the robot soldiers and proceeds to destroy them.

Back in Jane's house she is approaching the door.

 

      Jane: What the hell is happening?

 

She opens the door to see the Tank driving past with Daria on top blasting the robot Soldiers to bits.

 

      Jane: Sorry I asked.

 

Back on the Tank.

 

      Tri-Klops: Hey, get off my ride!

 

      Daria: Come up here and make me.

 

      Tri-Klops: Okay.

 

He slams on the brakes, gets out and climbs up to the roof only to see the laser barrels pointing right at him.

 

      Tri-Klops: Ahh!

 

He drops to the ground as Daria fires. He falls on his back and looks up to see Daria jump down from the roof and into the driver's seat.

 

      Daria: Thanks for the ride.

 

She guns the engine and drives the Tank into Jane's yard and right up to the front door.

 

      Jane: Daria! What-

 

      Daria: No time, get up to and man the guns!

 

Jane: If you say so.

 

Jane climbs up to the top and gets into the gunner's seat.

 

      Jane: Giddy up cowgirl!

 

By this time Blade and Tri-Klops have regrouped and are leading the robots toward them.

 

      Blade: Hey, that's my Tank!

 

      Tri-Klops: Our Tank!

 

      Jane: Not any more, finder's keepers!

 

Jane opens fire on the robots as Daria speeds ahead.

Across town on the practice football field Mack and Kevin are busy with their own robotic problem.

 

      Kevin: Damn there's no place for me the change!

 

      Mack: I'll hold them here, go and find someplace!

 

      Kevin: Okay Mack, I'll be back soon!

 

Kevin runs off toward the school but stops when he sees Brittney.

 

      Kevin: I can't believe I'm gonna do this.

 

He runs over to her.

 

      Brittney: Oh Kevvie! I'm so scared!

 

      Kevin: It's okay babe, I know a safe place follow me.

 

They continue off toward the school and turn the corner only to see another wave of robots advancing on a couple of cops who are trying to shoot them with little effect. Kevin pulls Britney through a door and into the school. He tries two classroom doors but they're locked, but the third one opens and he pulls Britney inside with him. Kevin pulls out his sword and holds it up.

 

      Kevin: By the power of Greyskull!

 

There is a bright flash of lightning as Kevin is transformed into He-Man, then he holds the sword across his chest.

 

      Kevin: I have the power!

 

He-Man points his sword at Britney who shrinks down in fear and a second flash of lightning surrounds her as she transforms into Wildcat.

He-man walks over to her and she smiles seductively and begins tracing the iron cross on his chest plate.

 

      Wildcat: So we meet again babe.

 

He-Man: We don't have time for this, Skeletor has sent out an army of robots, and Mack needs our help now.

 

Wildcat: Oh, but I don't feel like fighting right now... but if you were to promise me something...

 

He-Man: What?

 

Wildcat: Later... but you have to do as I say.

 

He-Man: Fine, come on.

 

Together they leave the room.

Back outside Mack is surrounded by the robots and they are preparing to fire but stop when they hear a loud growl. They all look up to see Wildcat - she lands on one of the robots and rips its head off the throws it at another who accidentally fires as it falls blasting a third. He-man swings his sword and slices four robots in half then grabs a fifth and throws him into another group of robots.

 

      Mack: Glad you could make it, but who's your friend?

 

      He-Man: can't you recognize her?

 

Mack looks at her again and his eyes widen.

 

      Mack: You didn't!

 

He-Man: We needed the help.

 

Another robot drops at their feet and they look back up at Wildcat.

 

      Wildcat: You boys here to talk or fight?

 

She growls again and jumps into another group of robots. Mack and He-man shrug and follow her into the group of robots.

Back across town in the Tank: Jane is still in the gunner's seat blasting away at the robots.

 

      Jane: Damn, where did all these things come from?

 

Daria: Now we know what Skeletor has been up to these last few weeks.

 

Jane: Where are we headed?

 

Daria: The school to find Kevin and Mack- what the?

 

She narrowly avoids an explosion by driving off the road into somebody's lard. A second explosion forces Daria to pull back onto the road. Down the street we see that it's Trapjaw with a massive cannon mounted to his shoulder instead of his claw. He aims and fires a third blast toward them and Daria jerks the tank to the right. Up top Jane whirls around and fires a stream of laser blasts at him but he runs toward them and ducks under the blasts. Now at point-blank range he prepares to fire again but Daria slams on the accelerator and slams the Tank into him. Hanging on by his left arm Trapjaw holds out his right arm as the "cannon" portion swings back exposing his claw, then he smashes the windshield causing Daria to cover her eyes and slam on the breaks. Trapjaw loses his grip and hits the ground hard and skidding, Daria looks back up and sees him momentarily helpless and she accelerates toward him, up top Jane sees what is about to happen.

 

      Jane: Daria no!

 

Daria swerves at the last moment only running over Trapjaw's mechanical arm. The Tank continues onward as Trapjaw gets up, his right arm shattered and broken. Blade and Tri-Klops arrive and look over him.

 

      Tri-Klops: Heh, and Skeletor put you in charge!

 

      Blade: I don't see why we should follow your orders.

 

Trapjaw calmly removes his broken arm and uses it to club both Blade and Tri-Klops.

 

Trapjaw: You'll follow my orders because Skeletor ordered you to. Now get up, we are to rejoin the other divisions and march on the school.

 

High above the city of Lawndale Skeletor stands on a floating platform with Panthor lying at his feet.

 

Skeletor: It is almost time; soon I will have the power to crush He-Man and his masters. You have your orders, don't disappoint me, or your family will suffer greatly.

 

The person Skeletor is talking to cannot be seen but he answers in a high pitched, scared voice.

 

      Person: Y-yes master, I will do as told- but-

 

Skeletor whirls around with fire in his eyes.

 

Skeletor: You have been told what to do! Now go before I do something you'll regret!

 

Person: Yes master.

 

Skeletor calmly turns back around and looks down to see the Tank running over Trapjaw.

 

Skeletor: (Sigh) Another failure... the people of this world are so weak... so pathetic. But soon I won't need to bother with them; soon I will be able to crush all of the Masters with one armored hand. Ahahahahahahahaha...!

 

Back at the school Mack and He-Man have once again been surrounded and are blocking the robot's attacks - He-man with his sword and Mack with a shield. A short distance away Wildcat also has been surrounded but is moving so fast the robots can't lock in on her.

 

      Mack: This is working out very well, cover me for a sec.

 

      He-Man: What, Mack this isn't the time-

 

      Mack: Just do it.

 

Mack removes a small transmitter and presses a series of buttons on it. Almost immediately a jet can be heard approaching. He-Man looks up and sees a small flying wing with a suit of armor attached to it. The wing zooms right over them and drops the armor smashing a few robots in the process.

 

      He-Man: What is that?

 

Mack: I redesigned the old armor and beefed it up a little, now just keep those things off of me a while longer while I suit up.

 

Just then two laser blasts hit the robots from behind as the Tank rolls right through the robot soldiers' front line.

 

      He-Man: Jane? Daria!

 

      Jane: Yo!

 

      Daria: Ditto.

 

      He-Man: Where did you get this?

 

Daria: Found it abandoned on the side of the road, thought it might come in handy.

 

The robots begin firing on the Tank and Jane whirls to return fire but before she can multiple laser blasts tear through the robots. She turns to see Mack in his new armor, the laser blasts coming from the four barrels on the back of his gauntlets.

 

      Jane: Whoa, nice armor!

 

      Mack: You ain't seen anything yet.

 

Mack presses a switch on his arm and a compartment on the back of the armor opens and he removes a large axe and mace.

 

Mack: Come on, it's time we stop playing with these things and just take 'em down.

 

He-Man: Right.

 

He-Man steps up and throws his sword at a cluster of robots, like a boomerang it slices through them then curves around and slices through a second set. Mack turns and runs into the group encircling Wildcat and together they demolish them quickly. Finally Jane and Daria see Wildcat.

 

      Jane: Hey! That striped hair thing was my idea!

 

      Daria: Not this again.

 

An energy blast hits the Tank and fries the control panel nearly electrocuting Daria.

 

      Daria: Damn, looks like we're walking from here on.

 

      Jane: Double damn, the gun's fried too, hey what's this?

 

Jane opens a compartment and removes a blaster and one of Blade's swords.

 

      Jane: Finders keepers.

 

      Blade: Hey, that's mine!

 

Jane aims the blaster and shoots at his feet making him jump up and down.

 

      Jane: (really bad cowboy voice) Dance, dance I say.

 

      Daria: Grow up Jane.

 

Across the field Wildcat sees Jane and how much fun she is having with the blaster so she looks around and spots a blaster one of the robots dropped. She jumps onto the shoulders of a robot and jumps over a group of robots and lands right next to the blaster, without a beat she whirls around and blows the robots away.

 

      Wildcat: I could get use to this.

 

She looks up and sees Skeletor lowering on his platform but before she can attack Tri-Klops reaches her and tries to impale her on his sword but she leans back and the sword passes over her. She continues the move into a back flip and uses her legs to kick the sword out of his hands. She lands back on her feet and the sword drops into the ground right in front of her. She raises the gun to fire but Jane sees her and fires her own blaster and hits Wildcat's hand causing her to drop the blaster. Wildcat shrieks in pain then turns on Jane growling.

 

      Wildcat: Why did you do that?

 

      Jane: You can't kill him, he's under a spell, and he's my friend.

 

Wildcat: Some friend, you do realize that he's trying to kill us right?

 

Jane: Still, you can't kill him.

 

Wildcat thinks about what Jane said while twirling her hair ala Britney.

 

Wildcat: Okay, but I still get to beat him down.

 

Tri-Klops grabs Wildcat from behind and holds his sword to her throat.

 

      Tri-Klops: You're mine now.

 

      Wildcat: Boys, they just won't take "no" for an answer.

 

She smashes his face with the back of her head, then grabs him by the arm and flips him onto his back. She grabs him by the throat and lifts him up only to drop him over her knee in a backbreaker. She drops him and he remains motionless. Jane rushes to check on him and breathes out when she confirms that he is still alive, and she glares at Wildcat as she takes out her communicator.

 

Jane: Jodie, we have another captive, can you teleport him out? Jodie?

 

Back in the hidden chamber the Sorceress is lying on the floor as her communicator beeps. She slowly stirs and reaches out to retrieve it.

 

Jane: (from the communicator) Jodie are you okay?

 

Sorceress: Yes, I'm here. What's up?

 

Jane: (from the communicator) Skeletor's unleashed a robot army on the city.

 

Sorceress: Do you need help?

 

Jane: (from the communicator) No, things are good here, but we captured Tri-Klops - can you teleport him back there?

 

Sorceress: I-I'll try.

 

Jane: (from the communicator) Jodie, are you sure everything's okay?

 

Sorceress: Yes.

 

Back at the practice field a portal appears underneath Tri-Klops and he drops into it. In the background we see Daria fly past with a blaster of her own which she is firing at Blade kind of like Jane was earlier.

 

Blade: Oh come on; get down here and fight fair. I thought you good guys were all about that stuff.

 

Daria: What do you think this is- a cartoon?

 

A series of laser blast narrowly miss Daria and she looks to see a new wave of robots entering the battlefield.

 

Daria: Damn, more robots! Sorry but I'm going to have to cut this dance short.

 

She swoops down and grabs Blade by his shoulder plates and drags him toward the stalled Tank. She spins him around, lets him go and he smashes into the Tank, then drops unconscious.

On the other side of the practice field Mack is engaged with Trapjaw, who has replaced his crushed arm with a larger crab-like claw. He has one of Mack's arms trapped in his claw while using his other hand to try and overpower Mack, but to no avail.

 

      Mack: Why don't... you give up...

 

      Trapjaw: What's wrong... getting tired...?

 

      Mack: No... I could... do this... all day...

 

      Trapjaw: Really? Too bad... you don't... have all day...

 

      Mack: Yeah... I guess so...

 

Mack jerks his free hand back leaving Trapjaw off balance and he falls flat on his face. Mack blows off Trapjaw's claw with his gauntlet and puts some distance between them then tries to remove the claw from his arm.

 

      Mack: Now then, let's try this again.

 

He raises his arms to fire but is interrupted as the new wave of robots arrives and opens fire on him.

Back in the hidden chamber the Sorceress has enclosed Tri-Klops in a third shield and collapsed in a chair.

 

Sorceress: What is happening, I've never been this weak after a vision...

 

In the corner Beastman begins to stir - he has already decreased in size and is beginning to change back to Trent.

 

      Beastman: Whoa... what happened? Where am I?

 

Sorceress: Great, just what I needed now. Just stay there and be quiet.

 

Beastman: I... have we meet before...

 

Sorceress: Kinda... so I guess Andrea's spell worked... at least I hope it did or Jane's gonna-

 

Beastman: Jane? What about Jane? Is she here?

 

Sorceress: No, she's fighting Skeletor's forces at the school.

 

Beastman: Grrr Skeletor! Wait, Janey's fighting... yes I remember, she tried to help me- and I... I almost- What did he do to me? WHAT DID HE DO TO ME!

 

He roars an eardrum shattering roar that scares Evil-Lyn and Tri-Klops awake.

 

      Tri-Klops: Holy-! Beastman?

 

He looks around and sees Evil-Lyn.

 

Tri-Klops: Evil-Lyn? What's going on?

 

Evil-Lyn: You were captured moron.

 

Tri-Klops: Captured?

 

Beastman roars again startling Tri-Klops who falls back into the shield and is shocked.

 

      Tri-Klops: Ah! That hurt! Hey Beastman what's go you so worked up?

 

Beastman calms down and looks at him - his eyebrow rises as he recognizes him.

 

Beastman: Nick? You too... that bastard I'll (cough) Let me out of here! I have to go help Jane!

 

Sorceress: Oh no, I'm not gonna fall for that, your transformation has completed yet-

 

Beastman: Let. Me. Out. NOW!

 

Back to the battle as He-Man rushes two robots and smashes them together then tosses the wreckage into another. Daria drops down beside him, now she has burn marks on her arms and legs.

 

      Daria: We're not doing so well right now.

 

      He-Man: Don't worry, I'll think of something...

 

      Daria: Oh yeah, that's reassuring...

 

A loud roar catches their attention and they look at the advancing robots to see many of them fly up into the air as Beastman tears through them.

 

      Beastman: Janey!

 

Jane turns to see Beastman smashing robot after robot, in her distraction she turns her back on one of the robots who is about to fire but before it can Wildcat slices through its chest.

Above the fight Skeletor sees Beastman as well and he lowers his platform.

 

      Skeletor: Beastman! What are you doing? Destroy the masters!

 

      Beastman: No, I'm not your slave anymore!

 

Beastman throws a robot at Skeletor but he blasts it with a laser mounted on the side of his hover platform.

 

      Skeletor: Traitor, you shall pay dearly for this! I'll- No!

 

Wildcat leaps onto the platform and drags Skeletor off of it. They hit the ground hard with Skeletor absorbing most of the impact. Wildcat raises her arm to strike him but he yells out in the same high pitched voice we heard earlier.

 

      Fake Skeletor: No, don't hurt me!

 

The fake Skeletor begins to morph into a small pale yellow changeling.

 

      Wildcat: What the? What are you?

 

      Beastman: It's a changeling...

 

They all look at him.

 

      Beastman: How'd I know that?

 

He-Man walks over to them.

 

      He-Man: The robots are pulling back.

 

Trapjaw: (from Skeletor's platform) Yes we're pulling back, but just for now! Skeletor never told me about this part of the plan, sending a changeling... You should thank him for his dishonesty, it has saved you today.

 

He flies off on the platform and disappears into the clouds above. The masters turn their attention back to the changeling.

 

      He-Man: Now, where is Skeletor?

 

      Changeling: I don't know, and I wouldn't tell you if I knew.

 

      Wildcat: Really? I wonder what changeling tastes like.

 

She licks her lips and bends down with her fangs bared.

 

      Changeling: No no no, don't let her eat me! I'll tell - I'll tell!

 

      Jane: Well, spill it or else.

 

Changeling: He's gone looking for a powerful artifact that will give him tremendous power. He says it will be enough to defeat all of you combined. He's been collecting people a-and magic with a sphere to use as a sacrifice - to open the portal.

 

He-Man: Where?!

 

Changeling: I-I'm not sure! All I know is some ancient temple...

 

Fade to a densely covered jungle temple - Skeletor rides on Panthor as they climb up a step set of stairs to a stone entranceway blocked by a wall with various symbols etched into it. Skeletor holds out the Sphere and begins saying something in a strange language.

 

Skeletor: {Tunnel of Shadows, accept this offering and open the path of fire}

 

The sphere begins to glow black and lifts from his hand. Souls begin to leave the sphere and pass through the entranceway, four in all. Then the sphere begins to glow golden and suddenly speeds toward the entranceway and smashes through it and down the corridor beyond leaving a trail of fire that spreads to encompass the whole corridor.

 

      Skeletor: At last... into the corridor Panthor.

 

Panthor growls and backs away from the flaming corridor.

 

Skeletor: You try my patience, now do as I command or face my wrath!

 

Skeletor kicks Panthor and it reluctantly speeds into the corridor.

Back in the hidden chamber Blade and the changeling have joined the others in the makeshift prison; Beastman has also been put back in his shield.

 

Jane: I'm sorry Trent, but we have to leave you in there, just in case you revert back...

 

Trent: It's okay Janey... but what are you going to do with the others?

 

Jane: We're not sure, Andrea's still out because of the spell she did for you, and her condition is worsening. I'm not sure if she'll make it.

 

Changeling: Well I don't see why you had to lock me up; I didn't do anything to you guys. If anyone should be mad it's them!

 

He points at Tri-Klops and Blade.

 

      Jane: Your in there until we can prove your story-

 

      Sorceress: Noooo!!!!

 

She screams and falls to her knees again, Mack and Kevin rush over to her.

 

      Mack: Jodie!

 

Sorceress: The pain... it's too much, too much- fire... Skeletor has found the Blaze Armor!

 

Back at the top of the temple Skeletor and Panthor stand, gone is Skeletor's old cloak and now he wears a red-maroon helmet, a black cape, and a red and black suit of armor. His gauntlets are covered with spikes and flames; in the center of his chest is a burning silver seal. But he is not the only one changed; Panthor is also wearing armor like Skeletor's.

 

      Skeletor: Prepare for your doom He-Man!

 

He slaps his hands together above his head and there is an explosion that becomes a ring of fire that spreads out setting the jungle on fire. Skeletor begins to laugh as he kicks Panthor into motion. Follow him into the flames then back out to reveal the Sorceress' eye with the fire reflected in it. Continue to pan back to show her in Mack's arms as she closes her eyes and passes out. Pan to show the concern on everyone's face until we come to Wildcat.

 

      Wildcat: Heh, bring it on.

 

He-Man steps over to her.

 

He-Man: Do you realize what this means, if Skeletor sacrificed his troops to distract us while he got this Blaze Armor it must be powerful, maybe too powerful.

 

He-Man's sword of power begins to glow a faint blue and he draws it.

 

      He-Man: What? The sword's never done that before...

 

The sword pulls itself free of his grasp and floats over to the Sorceress and turns so that the blade's tip is pointed down. The blue glow intensifies then shoots downward and hits her. Immediately she opens her eyes and her armor begins to glow brighter. She gets up and takes the sword into her hand and the glow fades.

 

      Sorceress: The sword... it saved me.

 

      Mack: But, how could the sword act on its own?

 

Sorceress: I'm not sure, but maybe since Greyskull's power now resides in me, it acted is self preservation.

 

He-Man: What do you mean?

 

Sorceress: I didn't want anyone to know, but since Skeletor attacked me I've felt much weaker, and as I have received visions they were - painful... like this last one.

 

Daria: Why didn't you tell us?

 

Sorceress: There wasn't anything you could have done... I needed to replenish my magic and I thought if I didn't use any I could... but no matter what I tried if didn't work.

 

He-Man: Well, next time you should trust us and tell us. Can I have my sword back now?

 

He-Man reaches out for the sword and the Sorceress tries to give it back but as He-Man touches it he is shocked by it.

 

      He-Man: Ow, what is going on? Why can't I take the sword?

 

The sword begins to glow blue again but this time the glow extends to cover the Sorceress.

 

      Sorceress: I understand...

 

      He-Man: What?

 

Sorceress: My magic hasn't returned; the sword is sharing its own magic with me, if l was to give it back then I'd return to the way I was.

 

He-Man: So, I'm stuck like this and weapon-less? Oh this is great...

 

Sorceress: Not so, yes there is a way. The sword is showing me. Skeletor's armor has a counterpart, the Frost Armor... and I now know where it is. If you can claim it then you will have new powers to defeat Skeletor.

 

He-Man: Okay then, teleport away- I'll get that armor and-

 

Sorceress: No, I cannot just teleport you. The path to the temple is also a test. Only one worthy can make it there, but you are allowed a partner who shares your power - Wildcat.

 

Wildcat leans in close to He-Man.

 

Wildcat: the two of us all alone... how romantic

 

He-man: Whoa, down kitty.

 

Wildcat: Mmm, I like that.

 

He-man: Fine, where do we go?

 

The Sorceress touches her hand to He-Man's forehead and her fingertip glows white. Wildcat shoots her a death glare.

 

Sorceress: There, now hurry I feel Skeletor coming. We'll try to hold him off the best we can.

 

He-Man: I will. Come on "kitty."

 

Wildcat: Sure babe.

 

Outside the barn we learn it's night time. The doors open and the battlehawk flies out with He-Man and a panic-looking Wildcat on it. As it disappears from view a fireball passes over the barn from the opposite direction and heads toward Lawndale. The masters exit the barn and look in the direction it went.

 

      Mack: You sure that was him?

 

Sorceress: Positive and he's more powerful than I thought. We're going to need all the help we can get. I'm going to release Trent.

 

Jane: Just what are you thinking? No way I'm going to let you put Trent in anymore danger!

 

Sorceress: Do we really have a choice?

 

Mack: Jane, you saw him earlier, he can handle himself and we need the help.

 

Jane: What about you Daria?

 

Daria: They're right Jane, but at least we can ask him if he wants to help.

 

Jane looks down defeated.

 

Jane: Fine... I'll ask, but the rest of you stay here.

 

She reluctantly walks back into the barn. The Sorceress is still holding the sword of power when it begins to glow once more.

 

      Sorceress: Yes... okay, I'll try. You might want to step back.

 

Mack and Daria do as she says and she holds up the sword.

 

      Sorceress: By the power of Greyskull!

 

Lightning strikes the sword and the Sorceress disappears in a blinding flash of light. When it fades her falcon headpiece has become a golden falcon helmet with a sliver mask that covers her face, her normal armor is replaced by a silver chest plate with a golden falcon on it, and her wings are silver and gold as well. She takes the sword blade in her hand and holds it across her chest.

 

      Sorceress: I have the power!

 

The light fades as the transformation is complete. Mack looks on in shock but Daria retains her usual look. From the barn Jane and Trent emerge.

 

      Jane: Whoa, what happened up here?

 

      Trent: Nice armor, where'd you get it?

 

      Sorceress: No time to explain, we have to move now!

 

      Mack: I have just the thing too.

 

He takes out his transmitter and presses a button. A door on the roof opens and a second Battlehawk lifts out of the barn.

 

      Jane: When were you going to tell us about that?

 

Mack: I kept it a secret because I knew how much you wanted to drive one and that you'd go looking for it as soon as you found out.

 

Jane: Hey, trust your teammates. So can I drive it?

 

Mack: No, get on the back.

 

Daria and the Sorceress take off followed by Mack, Jane, and Trent on the second Battlehawk. In the distance they can see Lawndale burning.

 

      Mack: Oh man I hope we can hold out until Kevin gets back.

 

They continue on to Lawndale.

End.