New Masters of the Universe

Seven - The Lady or the Tiger

 

Written By: Cyke

Based on:

Daria Created by: Glenn Eichler and Susie Lewis Lynn and

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

 

Open on a star filled sky. We can hear the sounds of two people making-out. A shooting star crosses the sky.

 

      Girl: Oh, did you see that Dan?

 

      Dan: What, it's only a shooting star.

 

      Girl: Yeah, and if you make a wish it'll come true.

 

Pan down to show the two teens sitting very close in a convertible.

 

Dan: Oh come on Jen, you know I don't believe in stupid stuff like that.

 

Jen pushes him away from her, crosses her arms, and turns her head away from him.

 

Jen: It is not stupid! I want to go home now!

 

Dan: What? Oh come on don't be like that!

 

She turns back toward him.

 

Jen: You know calling your date stupid is no way to- aaahhhhh!

 

Dan: What?

 

He turns and yells too as a massive, black, clawed arm lashes out and flips the car into the air. They fall out of the car and it crashes just past them. Dan looks to his right and sees Jen isn't moving but a loud growl draws his attention back to the creature that is slowly advancing on them. It looks like a panther but is at least four times bigger. Riding on its back is Skeletor.

 

      Skeletor: Go ahead Panthor! It's dinner time! Ahhhahhahahahaha!

 

Female Voice: (OS) You never learn, this area is under my protection, as are the people in it.

 

From out of the bushes a woman moving in a blur strikes Panthor sending the giant cat and Skeletor skidding along the ground.

Cut to a clawed tan and white fur covered foot stomping the ground, slowly pan up showing that the fur ends at the knees with a ring of black fur and then bare skin. Her body is protected by a brown form-fitting, sleeveless armor and her hands are covered in more tan and white fur that extends to her elbows and ends in another ring of black fur. Continue to pan up to her face, she has red fang-like markings on either side of her face, and she has wild blonde hair with black tiger strips.

 

Wildcat: (VO) I am called Wildcat, and you are about to hear my story.

 

Fade to black -

 

Wildcat: (VO) It begins two days ago... well actually it begins the night before, but we'll just skip past that to the good part.

 

Fade up on: Kevin as a hand slaps him hard across the face.

 

      Kevin: Ow! Hey babe that hurt!

 

      Britney: Kevin Thompson I don't ever want to speak to you again!

 

Britney turns and quickly storms off passing Mack and Jodie. They reach Kevin and stop.

 

      Mack: Ok Kevin, what did you do this time?

 

      Kevin: I-I broke up with her.

 

      Jodie: What? You broke up with Britney? Why?

 

Kevin: Skeletor. As long as he threatens the world I can't risk staying with Britney, at any time I may have to rush off to fight and if Britney's around she could get hurt.

 

Mack: Hey Kevin, you don't have to worry about that, look at me and Jodie-

 

Kevin: But you two have powers and can defend yourselves if you have to. It's not the same.

 

Mack: In that case, you could always try dating Jane, or Daria.

 

Both Jodie and Kevin shoot Mack death-looks.

 

      Mack: Um... ok bad joke.

 

Jodie and Kevin walk off. Daria and Jane walk up on either side of Mack unnoticed and simultaneously slap him on the back of the head then continue on their way.

 

      Mack: (rubbing his head) Okay, very bad joke.

 

Cut to: Later in the girl's restroom. We can hear sobbing coming from one of the stalls. The door opens and Andrea enters and walks over to the sink. We watch Andrea from behind but her face and the stall where Britney is can be seen in the mirror.

 

      Andrea: Cut it out Britney, Kevin's not worth it.

 

      Britney: (from the stall) I'm not crying because of him.

 

      Andrea (Lynn): I'll put a curse on him if it'll shut you up.

 

      Andrea: Hey, what did we agree on about cursing other people?

 

      Andrea (Lynn): That we'll only curse the fashion club.

 

      Andrea: Right.

 

In the mirror we see Britney open the stall and look around and only seeing Andrea.

 

      Andrea: Something wrong?

 

      Britney: I thought I heard you talking to someone else.

 

      Andrea: (smirks) That's been happening a lot lately.

 

      Andrea (Lynn): Let me know if you want the moron cursed or not.

 

Andrea: And I wouldn't use that sink if I were you. Trust me.

 

Andrea leaves just as Sandi and Tiffany enter and immediately step over to the sink. They begin to touch-up their make-up when it begins to run down their face. They scream and try to wash it off but the water just causes the make-up to run more until they have multiple stripes down their faces and their clothes stained. Britney begins to giggle then leaves the two girls.

Cut to: The Morgendorffers house - Daria and Jane enter the room and hear the last part of Quinn's story-

 

Quinn: and they had to leave school because their make-up wouldn't stop running and was getting on everything. Sandi just called and said that it finally stopped but her new blouse and pants are ruined, as well as their new carpet.

 

Daria: Sounds like Andrea's been at it again.

 

Jane: You know, these last few weeks have been really entertaining. I'm glade no one listened to me when I suggested that we lock her up.

     

Daria: Come on Jane, as much as I like seeing Sandi get what she deserves we can't just let Andrea run loose like this, what if she stops these pranks and does something drastic. You saw how she attacked Skeletor and Ms. Barch- I mean Evil Lynn.

 

Jane: I guess you're right, but the real question is can we stop her. Even Skeletor wasn't a match for her.

 

Daria: Yeah, and he hasn't shown up for weeks.

 

Jane: Yeah, she must have really hurt him-

 

Jane is interrupted by a loud explosion from outside.

 

      Tri-Klops: Oh masters, come out and play-ay!

 

Daria and Jane share a joint look of concern then walk to the front door and Daria opens it. Standing next to the burning wreckage that once was the Morgendorffer's car is Tri-Klops and Blade. Jane pulls the cobra ornament off of her belt and it extends into her staff while Daria pulls off her jacket allowing her wings to unfold. Tri-Klops fires an energy blast at them but Jane leaps out of the way and Daria flies over his attack and slams into him. As Jane lands Blade is suddenly there slashing at her, but she easily blocks his attacks and retaliates with her own onslaught. In the background Daria is struck by one of Tri-Klops' blasts and she falls to the ground. Tri-Klops steps over her smirking and prepares to finish her off until-

 

      Jake: You stay away from my little girl!

 

      Tri-Klops: Huh?

 

He turns just in time to see Jake Morgendorffer swinging a golf club. Jake hits him right in the eye and shatters it. Tri-Klops screams and falls backward clutching at his eye.

 

      Tri-Klops: I can't see! My eye!

 

Daria looks up and sees Jake clutching the now bent golf club and shaking with rage.

 

      Daria: Wow dad.

 

      Jake: Gah! (drops the golf club) Oh, it's just you kiddo.

 

Tri-Klops grabs his head piece and forces it to turn while screaming in agony until one of the other eyes locks in the forward position. He slowly gets up and turns back toward Daria and Jake. He starts toward them but is knocked down as Blade backs into him. Startled, he looks to see who he ran into giving Jane an opportunity. She swings her staff and connects with his jaw sending him up and back down on top of Tri-Klops. They get up as Jane plants her staff and swings herself in a half circle kicking both of them in the process - then after landing she pulls the staff out of the ground, twirls it, and then sets herself in an attack stance. Daria drops down in front of Jane and sends a barrage of energy blasts at Blade and Tri-Klops who jump to their feet and run off.

 

      Jane: Come on they're getting away!

 

Helen: Just one moment, Daria I believe you have some explaining to do.

 

Daria and Jane share another look.

Cut to: Kevin and Britney setting in his jeep at lover's lane. Britney is holding her eyes and crying.

 

      Kevin: Aw babe, come on stop crying.

 

      Britney: But why?

 

      Kevin: I-I told you its not you, it's uh, me...

 

Britney breaks out in another wave of crying as Kevin sighs and slumps down in his seat. Off to the left Kevin sees something move but by the time he turns there is nothing there. He reaches for the ignition and turns the Jeep on.

 

      Kevin: Come on, I'll take you home.

 

He starts to put the jeep in gear but a giant rhino-like creature rams his side of the jeep and flips it over onto its side. Kevin unbuckles himself and falls out of the jeep. Britney is panicking and unable to get herself free so Kevin does it for her and pulls her free of the jeep just as the creature lifts the jeep and tosses it down into the quarry. The creature has three horns - a large one followed by a shorter one, then a very short one - on its head, as well as short pointed ears and two sets of staggered eyes on either side of its head. It stands on four legs but it also has two large muscular arms and hands.

Beastman appears behind Kevin and Britney and tries to grab them but Kevin saw him and manages to duck his grasp, but Britney was so lucky. Beastman laughs as he lifts her into the air.

 

Beastman: A pretty one, too bad... after Skeletor is done with you- Arrggg!!

 

Kevin kicked Beastman's knee causing him to drop to the ground and release Britney. Kevin grabs her hand and pulls her along as they run toward the edge of the cliff.

 

      Britney: What are you doing!

 

      Kevin: Trust me babe!

 

He drags her over the edge as she screams. Beastman stares at the spot where they fell in surprise.

 

      Beastman: Whoa, they're crazy heh (cough-chuckle).

 

He gets up and walks over to the cliff and sees Kevin and Britney running down a steep incline.

 

Beastman: (Growls) Skeletor won't like it if we come back empty again. Follow them!

 

The creature looks at the cliff, then back at Beastman, then at the cliff again.

 

      Beastman: I. Said. Follow them!!

 

He pulls out a whip and strikes the creature across the face with it. The creature growls at him but Beastman growls louder and strikes it once more. The creature backs away then turns toward the cliff and begins its descent. Beastman looks toward the sky and makes a sound that's a cross between a howl and a bird's squawk. One of the bear/bat creatures appears and swoops past Beastman who hops onto its back and then flies after Kevin and Britney.

Kevin and Britney continue running along the quarry wall until they find another incline and they begin working their way back up to the top.

 

      Britney: Kevviee how did you know about this?

 

Kevin: Some of the football team run up and down these paths to build up our leg strength.

 

Britney: Oh Kevvie, you're so smart!

 

Kevin: Aw, thanks babe, uh oh here comes ugly. Lets hide in those bushes!

 

Britney: On the ground? Eww!

 

Kevin: Would you rather get caught?

 

Britney reluctantly drops down behind Kevin on the ground as Beastman passes overhead.

 

      Britney: Kevvie, why don't you transform?

 

Kevin: because it'll draw them to use and I can't put you in danger like that. That's why I broke up with you.

 

Britney: You wanted to protect me? Oh Kevvie!

 

Kevin: Shhh! They'll hear you.

 

Off-screen the sound of rocks fall draws their attention and they see the rhino-like creature trying to climb up out of the quarry.

 

Kevin: Oh great... Britney listen to me, I want you to stay here and I'll lead the away from you okay?

 

Britney: No I want to stay with you Kevvie!

 

Kevin: Its too dangerous, now stay here!

 

Kevin jumps out of the bushes and starts running down the street past a mailbox with the name Lane written on it.

 

Kevin: (Thought VO) Hey that's Jane's house, but the lights are off, just my luck.

 

A crash behind him draws his attention and he sees the rhino creature running after him. He cuts to his left and runs through across the yards until he reaches a cluster of trees where he stops and removes his sword.

 

      Kevin: By the power of Greyskull!

 

Up in the sky the light from Kevin's transformation is spotted by Beastman.

 

Beastman: That's He-Man! I can't let him interfere in Skeletor's plans again!

 

He turns the creature he's riding toward the light.

Kevin's transformation is complete and he grabs the sword's blade and holds it across his chest.

 

      Kevin: I have the Power!

 

Behind him Kevin hears a noise and he spins around and points his sword at the figure behind him.

 

      He-Man: Britney!

 

Before either can act a second lightning bolt strikes the power sword then shoots out the tip and strikes Britney. She shrikes but it becomes a growl as she is transformed. He-Man hides his eyes from the bright light but lowers his hand as the light dies down. He looks around but Britney is gone. Suddenly the rhino creature broadsides him; He-Man grabs onto the creature's horns and holds on as it slams into tree after tree trying to shake him loose. Beastman swoops down to watch his creature fight He-Man.

 

Beastman: Looks like the Rihodon beat us to him. No matter, we have a couple of kids to find.

 

At that moment someone leaps out of a nearby tree and kicks Beastman off of the creature, and then punches the creature in the back of its head dropping it like a rock. Beastman hits the ground then his ride falls on top of him pinning him to the ground. He tries to get free until his attacker lands on top of the bear/bat creature. It's a girl with blond and black striped hair.

 

      Beastman: Who dares attack Beastman!

 

      Wildcat: You can call me Wildcat.

 

Across the woods He-Man has gotten on the back of the Rihodon and is riding it like a rodeo cowboy.

 

      He-Man: Whoo hoo! Ride 'em cowboy! Uh oh!

 

The Rihodon runs past a tree and a low limb knocks He-Man off of its back. Now free it turns and tries to ram He-Man but this time he is ready and he grabs it stopping it in its tracks. He-Man lifts it slightly off the ground and flips it down hard onto it's side, then quickly punches it knocking it out cold. Off to his right He-man hears a lot of loud growling and he runs to check it out. He finds Beastman in a grudge match against Wildcat.

 

      He-Man: Britney?

 

She rushes Beastman and leaps up above him and slams both of her hands into his shoulders as well as kneeing him in the back and then somersaulting onto her feet as he falls face first to the ground. Beastman gets to his knees but in an instant Wildcat is on top of him again clawing, biting, and kicking. Beastman retreats but Wildcat refuses to let up her assault. She does a handstand then roundhouse kicks Beastman sending him into a large tree that knocks him out. She starts toward him again until He-Man steps between them.

 

      He-Man: Hey, I think you got him.

 

      Wildcat: Oh come on babe; let a girl have her fun while she can.

 

She grabs him by the hair and kisses him deeply then leaps into a tree and vanishes. Kevin stands where he is in a daze but quickly snaps out of it and holds up his sword and concentrates.

 

He-Man: (Thought VO) Jodie... I need some help in the woods; we have another prisoner - Its Trent.

 

Jodie: (VO) Trent! How? Have you told Jane?

 

He-Man: (Thought VO) I'll tell you later, just get here quick!

 

He then takes out a communicator and activates it.

 

      He-Man: Jane, Jane!

 

On the communicator Jane appears looking annoyed.

 

Jane: What now, Daria an I have already been attacked by Nick and Max-

 

He-Man: We got Trent.

 

Jane freezes and the image starts shaking as she almost drops the communicator. A hand takes it from her and Daria fills the screen.

 

      Daria: Where?

 

He-Man: The Sorceress is on her way; meet us at the usual spot, He-Man out.

 

He deactivates the communicator as the Sorceress descends from the sky. She gasps when she sees Beastman's condition.

 

      Sorceress: What did you do to him?

 

      He-Man: It wasn't me, it was Britney.

 

      Sorceress: Britney?! How?

 

He-Man: After I transformed a second lightning bolt struck her and she transformed... and then she did this. Even after he was down she tried to attack him.

 

Sorceress: Where is she now?

 

He-Man: She ran away. I contacted Jane and Daria; they're on their way to the barn - take Beastman there and see if you can help him. I have to find Britney before she causes anymore trouble.

 

The Sorceress nods then takes Beastman's hand and they disappear. He-Man looks up into the trees for any sign of Wildcat.

Up high in one of the trees Wildcat watches He-Man walk away from her and smiles devilishly.

 

      Wildcat: That's right babe, let's play.

 

With that she jumps out of her hiding spot.

Back at the Morgendorffers Daria and Jane are getting ready to leave but Helen is standing in front of the door blocking their exit.

 

Helen: Daria Morgendorffers! You are not going to leave this house until we finish discussing this... this...

 

Daria: We can "discuss" this later, but right now Trent needs our help, so step aside mom.

 

Jake steps next to Helen and gently pulls her aside.

 

      Jake: Go get 'em kiddo.

 

Without another word Daria and Jane leave the house. Helen looks at Jake unsure of what to do.

 

      Jake: Daria knows what she's doing honey.

 

      Helen: Oh Jake!

 

She grabs hold of him and they embrace each other.

Outside we see Daria flying with Jane on her back.

 

      Daria: Jane,

 

      Jane: Yeah?

 

Daria: Tell anyone about this and I'll fly you miles up and let go.

 

Back in the woods He-Man is still searching for Wildcat, who is silently following him. As he continues searching the trees it becomes obvious that Wildcat is becoming bored. She bends down and picks up a twig; she leans against a tree and snaps the twig. He-Man turns around and spots her.

 

      He-Man: Britney!

 

      Wildcat: Call me Wildcat.

 

      He-Man: Okay, Wildcat. You have to come with me.

 

Wildcat: What part of "Wild" confuses you? And on that same note have you ever tried to cage a cat... we don't take well to confinement.

 

She begins to saunter toward him.

 

Wildcat: On the other hand, if you were to ask me nicely, I just might consider...

 

She leans against him and traces the Iron Cross on his chest.

 

      Wildcat: ...following...

 

She leans in and kisses him again; He-Man starts to zone out again but comes to his senses and pulls away from her.

 

      He-Man: No, we can't do this.

 

Wildcat: Oh, you don't want to play anymore, well maybe I'll just go find someone else to play with then.

 

She starts to leave but He-Man pulls out his sword.

 

      He-Man: Oh no you don't, let the power return!

 

There are two flashes of light as He-Man and Wildcat transform back to Kevin and Britney. Britney stands still for a moment then starts to fall but Kevin catches her.

 

      Kevin: Britney?

 

She slowly opens her eyes and looks up at Kevin.

 

Britney: Oh Kevvie, I had the strangest dream that you broke up with me, and then we were chased by a monster, and you protected me from it.

 

Kevin: Britney, you don't remember anything?

 

Britney: Remember what?

 

Kevin: Nothing babe, come on lets get you home.

 

Britney: Okay, um where's your jeep?

 

Kevin: Uh, yeah about that-

 

At the old barn Daria and Jane arrive and head for the hidden door but before they can open it the door flies open and the Sorceress emerges.

 

Sorceress: Oh its you, um okay Jane before you go down there, well he's, I mean its not as bad as it looks.

 

Jane: What do you mean? Let me through.

 

Jane pushes past her and rushes down into the hidden chamber as Daria and the Sorceress follow her. Down in the chamber Jane sees the cuts all over Beastman's body and she turns on the Sorceress.

 

      Jane: What the hell did Kevin do to him!?

 

      Sorceress: It wasn't Kevin, he said Britney did it.

 

Daria & Jane: (in unison) Britney!?

 

Sorceress: Yeah, he said that after he became He-Man that the     sword also transformed her.

 

Jane: Into what?

 

Sorceress: I'm not sure...

 

Evil Lynn: (off screen) Do you mind, some people are trying to sleep here.

 

They turn to show Evil Lynn trapped in a force-field in the back corner of the room.

 

Jane: Pipe down.

 

Evil Lynn: Make me.

 

Jane starts toward her but Daria stops her.

 

Daria: Jane, don't let her win. (to the Sorceress) I see you haven't had any luck with her.

 

Sorceress: No, and if I can't undo the spell on her I don't see how I can help Trent... there are only two people who I believe can save them, Skeletor himself - and Andrea.

 

Daria: I'm not sure that's a good idea.

 

Jane: If she can help Trent then I'm for it.

 

Daria: Jane wait-

 

Jane: No Daria, this is Trent's only chance.

 

The next day at Lawndale High.

 

      Britney: I don't want to talk to you Kevin.

 

      Kevin: Aw come on babe.

 

Britney storms past Mack and Jodie while Kevin stops in front of them and drops his head.

 

      Mack: I thought you broke up with her?

 

      Kevin: We're back together, were back together.

 

      Jodie: What happened?

 

Kevin: She's mad because she had to walk home last night after that thing trashed my jeep.

 

Jodie: Well, at least you don't have to worry about it doing again; I sent it back first thing this morning.

 

Kevin: Great, now do you think your magic can restore my jeep?

 

Jodie: No.

 

Kevin: Oh well. Hey why's Jane talking to Andrea?

 

Mack: Let's talk on the way to practice.

 

Later during lunch Daria and Jane are sitting at their table when Kevin approaches.

 

      Kevin: Jane you are not going through with this.

 

      Jane: Kevin, yes I am!

 

      Kevin: You can't trust her.

 

Jane: I don't have a choice! Trent doesn't have a choice! And you won't stop me.

 

Jane gets up and rushes off as Daria glares at Kevin.

 

      Kevin: Daria, you don't trust Andrea, do you?

 

      Daria: No, but if she can help Trent...

 

      Kevin: Okay...

 

Kevin turns and walks away.

Across the room Andrea watches Kevin walk away.

 

      Andrea (Lynn): You want to help them don't you?

 

      Andrea: Yeah... besides, it's about time for my yearly good deed.

 

Andrea (Lynn): I don't think you realize what this is going to entail.

 

Andrea: What else are we going to do?

 

Andrea (Lynn): This is going to take a while.

 

Andrea: Well then, let's get Jane and start already.

 

Back at Skeletor's throne room Tri-Klops and Blade stand before Skeletor's throne, which is turned away from them.

 

Skeletor: So, you were defeated by the weakest and the most useless of the masters. Beastman was captured and his "pets" sent back, and you dare to come back!

 

Tri-Klops: But my eye, I was injured!

 

Skeletor: You'll be more than injured if you don't leave now and bring back Beastman!

 

Blade: Yes master.

 

Tri-Klops and Blade get up and leave. In the throne Skeletor's arm falls off the arm rest and hangs limp, then it begins to change into a shorter pale yellow arm.

Later after school in the auditorium Jodie is working alone decorating for a school dance.

 

Jodie: I must crazy; with everything going on right now I'm still here decorating the gym for the school dance.

 

Skeletor: (Off-screen) So true my dear Sorceress! You should worry more about me!

 

Jodie spins to face Skeletor, his abdomen is wrapped in bandages and he is using his chaos staff to steady himself.

 

      Skeletor: You have something I need, and I'm here to take it.

 

      Jodie: Not without a fight.

 

There is a bright flash as Jodie transforms into the Sorceress, immediately she fires an energy blast at Skeletor but he pulls out a metal orb and the Sorcerer's attack is sucked into it.

 

Skeletor: Thank you for the contribution, but I'm afraid that I'll need more. Much more...

 

Skeletor advances on her as the orb begins to glow brighter. Fade out on the Sorceress' scream.

 

      Mack: (distant) Jodie, Jodie... come on wake up...

 

Mack is holding Jodie in his arms as she slowly opens her eyes.

 

      Mack: Oh thank god, I thought... Jodie, what happened?

 

      Jodie: What... where am I?

 

Mack: The school auditorium... you didn't show up at the pizza parlor so I came here to get you, and I found you laying here like this.

 

Jodie: (eyes widening) Skeletor! He was here; he had some orb that sucked my magic into it. He's up to something big...

 

Mack starts to help her up.

 

      Mack: Come on, we need to go someplace safe.

 

In Skeletor's throne room Tri-Klops and Blade reluctantly enter.

 

Skeletor: Ah, it's about time you two showed up. I have a new friend for you meet, this is Trapjaw.

 

From the shadows Trapjaw steps into the light, it's Axl. He has an old biker helmet with a silver spike on the top, and his bottom jaw has been replaced by a large metal one. His right arm is gone but has been replaced by a mechanical joint with a large claw attached to it. He is wearing a black vest over a green shirt and his left shoulder covered by part of a shoulder pan. Around his waist is a large brown belt with skull and crossbones on it. He also wears a pair of green pants with black knee pads and black combat boots.

 

Skeletor: He will be leading you in your next mission, along with an army of these.

 

Two robots step into the lights next to Trapjaw.

 

Blade: Forgive me master, but why should we follow him- how do we know that he can lead us.

 

Trapjaw: Try me little man!

 

Skeletor: Enough! I gave you your orders, now tonight I suggest you rest, because tomorrow we strike and destroy He-Man and his masters.

 

Skeletor begins laughing as we fade out.

End.

 

 

Open on Kevin and Mack standing in front of Lawndale High.

 

Kevin: In tonight's episode we learned... Hey Mack-at-arms, what did we learn?

 

Mack: I told you not to call me that, and how am I supposed to know what the moral was when I was barely in this episode.

 

Kevin: Oh, well don't worry; I'm sure you'll have lots of screen time on the next one. Really...