New Masters of the Universe

five - fight of the cynic

 

Written By: Cyke

Based on:

Daria Created by: Glenn Eichler and Susie Lewis Lynn and

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

 

 

Open on a dark forest, we're moving through it quickly; suddenly the forest ends and we're standing before the chasm where Castle Greyskull once stood. From our left Skeletor steps into view.

 

Skeletor: Those fools... as if collapsing the castle would prevent me from striping it bare! (he turns toward us) Tri-klops! What are you waiting for?

 

Cut to Skeletor's Point of view - Tri-klops is holding a bronze egg and is looking at it concerned.

 

      Tri-Klops: A-are you positive this thing will work?

 

Skeletor grabs him and throws him into the chasm...

 

      Skeletor: Not at all...

 

Tri-klops screams as he falls, but he stops as he realizes that he has stopped in midair.

 

      Tri-Klops: Hey! It's working!

 

Skeletor: (from above) Fine you're not going to die, unless you keep wasting time! You know what you're after now go find it!

 

Tri-Klops: Yes master...

 

Skeletor: (thought vo) Incompetent fools... once I get that box I can rid myself of them... I wonder if the masters have defeated them yet.

 

Cut to: the front of the Zon - the masters are fighting Skeletor's minions while the people exit the club to watch. Mack, his face half hidden by a shield, tries to subdue Blade. The Sorceress is dueling against Evil-Lyn, and He-Man is fighting off Beastman. Among the crowd we see Daria and Andrea holding Jane back.

 

Jane: Uh! Get off of me! Daria! How can you just stay here, that's Trent!

 

Daria: I know Jane! But you aren't thinking straight, how do you know he won't rip you apart if you go out there?

 

Jane: You saw him last time, Daria! He recognized me! He may look like a beast but inside he's still my brother!

 

Beastman picks He-Man up and throws him toward Jane, Daria, and Andrea. They all gasp and jump out of the way just as He-Man crashes were they were standing.

 

Daria: Oh yeah... lets just walk over there and have a little chat... Jane?

 

Daria looks up and sees Jane running toward Beastman.

 

      Daria: Jane!

 

She starts to run after her but an energy beam cuts her off. She looks for the source and sees Evil-Lyn and the Sorceress struggling with each other and sending energy beams in various directions. A noise from the other direction draws her attention and she turns to see Mack and Blade fighting their way toward her. Caught between the two fights Daria has no escape. He-Man sees her and jumps next to her, picks her up, and then jumps away from the fights to the other side of the street. He puts her down and without saying anything he runs back to Beastman. Jane is trying to calm him down but doesn't appear to be succeeding... Beastman raises his fist to pound Jane but He-Man tackles him to the ground and proceeds to pummel him. Jane remains where she was in a state of shock... Daria runs to Jane's side and tries to pull her out of the street to safety but before she can multiple lightning bolts strike the area. In the chaos the masters are knocked down. Skeletor descends on a floating platform.

 

Skeletor: Sorry to interrupt the party, but I have other plans these incompetents now...

 

Skeletor blasts He-Man with his staff and then flies off, while his minions follow on foot. Mack and the Sorceress go check on He-Man.

 

      Mack: Hey you okay?

 

He-Man: Yeah, that blast wasn't really that powerful... I think it was just a diversion so that they could escape.

 

Mack: Should we try to follow them?

 

Sorceress: No... this attack was pointless; I think it was just to distract us from their real scheme... (she sees Jane) Kev- He-Man I think we should talk about Jane-

 

Mack: (whispering) Jodie... we talked about this last night; I don't think it's a good idea.

 

He-Man: What?

 

Sorceress: I want to bring Jane in... we can train her to fight and-

 

He-Man: No.

 

Sorceress: What? You saw what she did today, and she's going to keep on until she gets killed. If we bring her in we can keep a closer eye on her and she can help us. Right now we are out numbered... and there's no telling what Skeletor's plan is.

 

He-Man: I understand... but what if we bring her in we guarantee that she'll be in danger-

 

Sorceress: Like Mack?

 

Mack: Hey, I'm still standing here... and besides, I have this armor-

 

Sorceress: -and we still have Teela's old armor, we can give it to...

 

He-Man: Look... let's leave this 'till tomorrow... then we'll make a decision. Okay?

 

Sorceress: Okay.

 

Mack: Yeah. Let's go.

 

Sorceress: (to Mack) I need some time alone, I'll see you tomorrow.

 

She flies into the sky and disappears as Mack watches.

 

      Mack: I hope she doesn't do anything stupid...

 

      He-Man: Awe come on, you know she wouldn't-

 

Mack: Maybe, but since she became the Sorceress she's been different, I think her nightmares are starting to affect her.

 

Fade to the old barn... the Sorceress lands in the shadows and emerges as Jodie. Inside the barn the hidden door appears and she enters the hidden chamber. She walks across the room to a particular item covered by a sheet which she pulls off and tosses aside. It is a set of armor, parts of it have been scorched from previous battles and other parts have just worn with time. Jodie places her hand on it and closes her eyes, behind her a ghostly figure begins to appear - it is Teela.

 

      Teela's Sprit: You called out to me, Jodie?

 

Jodie: Yes, I'm sorry but I have a problem... I've been having these really weird-

 

Teela's Sprit: -dreams. (she smiles at Jodie's surprised look) I too had dreams when I first received thee powers of the Sorceress; some of them came true while others were just dreams.

 

Jodie: But how can I tell which one is which?

 

Teela's Sprit: I'm afraid that is not possible, all you can do is prepare yourself to face it.

 

Jodie: I see, that's not very comforting...

 

Teela's Sprit: I am truly sorry that I could not be of more help...

 

Jodie: Actually you can, I have another problem... Jane, a friend of mine, her brother was transformed into a monster by Skeletor. She promised to kill Skeletor and I'm afraid that she'll get killed trying without help from us, but Kevin and Mack refuse to let her into our group.

 

Teela's Sprit: What do you think should be done?

 

Jodie: I wanted to... give her your old armor- and work with her, train her using your memories so that she would have a chance to save her brother!

 

Teela's Sprit: It is no longer my place to tell you or anyone what to do, this fight now belongs to you and the other masters, but... if you believe that this Jane is worthy and would be an asset to your fight, then I would be honored for her to would wear my armor.

 

Jodie: Thank you...

 

Teela's Sprit: I have one more warning for you; don't let the power control you. It is not your master, nor are you its master. You and the power are equals, work together and nothing in existence can stop you.

 

Teela fades away leaving Jodie a little confused.

Cut to the next day in the school cafeteria, Jane sits at a table by herself; Daria starts to go and join her but she is stopped by Jodie.

 

Jodie: Daria wait... I have something I need to talk to Jane about... and I kinda have to do it alone.

 

Daria studies her for a moment.

 

Daria: Okay Jodie, but you have to do something for me.

 

Jodie: (a little unsure) What?

 

Daria: Tell me what's going on between you and Mack.

 

Jodie: (thrown for a loop) W-what? What do you mean everything's fine between me and Mack...

 

Daria: Jodie, I wear glasses but I'm not blind, I know something is going on between you two... I don't know if it has anything to do with Mack fighting alongside with those other two-

 

Jodie: What, you saw u- him fighting...?

 

Daria looks at her skeptically but gives in.

 

Daria: (sighs) All right, Jane's all yours - but you're not off the hook yet Landon...

 

Daria walks off to find a seat and Jodie exhales then prepares from the task at hand. She walks over to Jane's table and sets her lunch down.

 

      Jodie: Hey Jane.

 

Jane: Don't take this the wrong way Jodie but leave me the hell alone.

 

Jodie: Look Jane, normally I would if you told me to, but this time I have a proposal I think you should listen to.

 

Jane: Whatever extracurricular activity Li has convinced you to head up I'm not interested-

 

Jodie: This isn't for school, it's for Trent.

 

Jane snaps her head up and stares intensely at Jodie.

 

      Jane: What?

 

Jodie: What if I could offer you a chance to help save Trent and stop Skeletor?

 

Jane: I'd ask you what you did with the real Jodie...

 

Jodie: I'm serious Jane... meet me after school by the front doors and I'll tell you everything then, okay? Oh and don't tell anyone else, not even Daria.

 

Jane: Why not-

 

Jodie: Just promise, please.

 

Jane: Okay, but this is a little strange...

 

Jodie: I-I know, just trust me okay?

 

Jane: After school then...

 

Jodie gets up and walks off. Jane looks around and sees Daria sitting alone across the room and quickly hops up and runs over to join her.

 

      Daria: Okay... this is quite a change, what did Jodie do to you?

 

Jane looks to make sure that Jodie's not looking.

 

      Jane: Something strange is going on...

 

Daria: With everything that's happened in the past few weeks you're just now figuring that out...?

 

Jane: I'm serious Daria; Jodie just told me she could help me save Trent...

 

Daria: What did you say to her?

 

Jane: I agreed to meet with her, but she also told me not to tell anyone, you by name.

 

Daria: You don't think she could be working with that Skeletor?

 

Jane: I don't think so... but I want you to follow us...

 

Daria: Jane, I really don't think this is a good idea...

 

Jane: Daria, if she's telling the truth I have to do this...

 

Daria: (beat) Okay.

 

Cut to: later in front of the school, Jane leans against the wall near the door waiting for Jodie. Many other students exit the building but no sign of Jodie, then from around the corner of the school Jodie steps out.

 

      Jodie: Jane, over here!

 

Jane looks at Jodie and then walks over to her and together they turn the corner and walk out of sight. Daria steps past us and approaches the corner and peeks around it to see Jodie change into the Sorceress and teleport away with Jane. Daria stands there shocked.

Cut to: the old barn, Jane and the Sorceress teleport in and Jane nearly falls over but is caught by the Sorceress.

 

Jane: Whoa, what the hell was that (looks around) and where the hell are we? (looks at Jodie) And where the hell you get that outfit?

 

The Sorceress laughs but quickly composes herself.

 

Sorceress: Sorry, but the look on your face... ahem, I am the Sorceress; Guardian of the Secrets of Greyskull - long story I'll tell you later. We're in an old barn on the outskirts of Lawndale, with all that's left of Greyskull.

 

The door to the hidden chamber opens and Jodie motions for Jane to enter.

 

      Jane: Oh no, I'm not one for entering mysterious chambers first...

 

      Sorceress: Very well, I'll go first.

 

The Sorceress enters the chamber followed by Jane.

Cut to: inside the chamber - Jodie steps across the room toward Teela's armor.

 

Sorceress: Please don't touch anything; we haven't had time to sort out the really dangerous items from the usual dangerous ones. I know you want to help save Trent and get back at Skeletor, but you're just going to get yourself killed or worse without help.

 

Jane: No I won't - Skeletor doesn't scare me...

 

Sorceress: You don't have to lie to me Jane, even with all my powers he still scares me, but I believe that you can help us Jane. This armor once belonged to Teela - my predecessor. She wore this armor against Skeletor the last time he threatened the world and now I give it to you, if you'll accept it.

 

Jane: Hell yeah I'll accept it!

 

Sorceress: Good, but there's one thing that must be done first. You have to be trained-

 

The Sorceress takes Jane's head in both hands and there is a blinding white flash. The Sorceress lets go and Jane stumbles backward.

 

      Jane: What the hell did you just do to me?

 

Sorceress: Training - weapons and hand-to-hand combat. There is no time to train you the correct way, so I shared some of Teela's memories with you, her many years of training.

 

The Sorceress' staff appears in her hand and she swings it at Jane who ducks under it then launches into a flying kick that the Sorceress barely manages to avoid.

 

      Sorceress: See, could you have done that moments ago?

 

      Jane: No... this rocks!

 

      Sorceress: The armor is now yours Jane, put it on...

 

Jane picks it up and notices the true condition of the armor.

 

Jane: Whoa, I'm not sure this stuff will even survive being worn much less a fight.

 

Sorceress: Trust me Jane.

 

      Jane: Okay...

 

Fade to later - Jane is now wearing the armor, which doesn't fit her very well.

 

Jane: Oh yeah, I'm really gonna strike fear in the hearts of evil doers like this.

 

Sorceress: We're not finished yet -

 

He staff begins to emit a golden glow and she points it at Jane; a stream of golden light flows from the staff and encircles Jane. The light begins to fade starting at Jane's feet and slowly reviles her new armor as it fades upward. She has on a pair of golden boots that end at her knees with a patch of tan fur and a snake emblem, her legs are covered by a silver mesh, around her waist was a bronze belt with golden plates that hang down and resemble a skirt. Her chest plate is white with a golden sword accent and a brown cuff around the neckline. Each shoulder was protected by a golden pauldron and on her lower arm she wears a golden vambrace with a silver snake coiled around it.

Jane admires her restored armor while the Sorceress closes her eyes and lowers her head which catches Jane's attention.

 

      Jane: Hey Jodie, you okay?

 

      Sorceress: Yeah, Kevin's just contacting me mentally-

 

      Jane: Whoa, back up a second, Kevin Thompson? That Kevin?!!

 

      Sorceress: Yeah, he's He-Man...

 

      Jane: Kevin?!

 

Sorceress: Well, you're gonna have a chance to try out that new armor. Ready?

 

Jane: Ready for wh- Oh now not agai-

 

The Sorceress grabs Jane's hand and they teleport out.

Cut to: outside of Payday - Mack and He-Man are back to back as Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Blade, and Beastman encircle them and slowly close in.

 

Mack: You sure the telepathy thing worked... cause we're in major trouble here.

 

He-Man: She'll be here... I hope.

 

Skeletor: Ah this is great; it appears that you have been abandoned by the Sorceress-

 

Jane: (off-screen) Stop right there Skeletor!

 

Everyone turns toward the voice and they see Jane falling toward them from out of the sun. Jane swings her staff and hits Skeletor in the head sending him flying. Jane expertly lands then swings her staff the other way and connects with Evil-Lyn. Mack snaps out of his shock and blasts Blade with his arm cannon while He-Man decks Beastman. Skeletor looks up dazed and recognizes the armor Jane's wearing.

 

Skeletor: Teela? But you're dead... (his vision clears and he sees that it's not Teela, but Jane) You! You dare to strike me!? I'll teach you what happens to my enemies!

 

Jane: What, you'll teach me how to kick your butt all over the town then watch you run off? I'd like to learn that lesson...

 

Skeletor raises his chaos staff but Jane runs toward him and knocks it out of his hand with her staff then jumps onto his shoulder and pushes off; immediately she twists in the air and swings her staff hitting the back of Skeletor's head. Jane completes her rotation and lands in an attack position. Behind her Evil-Lyn appears and prepares to blast her in the back, but from the right the Sorceress appears and swings her staff severing Evil-Lyn's staff in two.

 

Evil-Lyn: No! do you realize how long it takes to recreate these staffs!

 

Sorceress: No, and I don't care really...

 

She starts to charge Evil-Lyn but stops when an energy beam hits the ground in front of her. She turns to see Tri-Klops flying toward them.

 

      Tri-Klops: Skeletor, success!

 

He holds a box in one hand and the bronze egg in the other. He flies toward Skeletor completely oblivious to Jane charging toward him.

 

      Jane: Not so fast Nick...

 

He turns at the last second and sees the snake emblem of Jane's staff as it slams into his eye. In slow motion he flies backward, the egg he was holding flies off to his right, and the box to the left. Back to normal speed Tri-Klops crashes to the ground and skids across the parking lot stopping when he hits a parked car.

 

      Skeletor: You pathetic... find me that box!

 

Evil-Lyn is dodging the Sorceress' staff.

 

      Evil-Lyn: I'm a little busy here; look for your own damn box!

 

Beastman howls and from down the street a pack of dogs come running and jump onto He-Man- Mack aims his arm cannon at Beastman and fires a net that pins him up against a telephone pole trapping him. Behind Mack Blade raises his head and starts to get up, he looks at the battle and shakes his head.

 

      Blade: I don't like these odds, I'm outta here.

 

He turns and runs off. Beastman sees him and breaks the net holding him and quickly runs after Blade - Evil-Lyn sees them and pulls out a small grey ball that she throws at the Sorceress' feet creating a smoke cloud around her. The Sorceress runs out of the smoke to find Evil-Lyn is gone; she turns toward Jane and sees Skeletor has managed to get his sword free and is overpowering Jane to the ground. She points her staff to strike him but hesitates. Jane looks into the empty sockets of Skeletor's eyes.

 

      Jane: You will not beat me!

 

She twists her body and Skeletor is thrown off balance, he falls forward and Jane finishes her spin by slamming Skeletor in the back. He lands hard but starts to get up as Jane raises her staff to finish him. An energy beam hits her and drives her through the air and into a parked truck. Tri-Klops runs to Skeletor and helps him up; Skeletor strikes him and presses a button on a small controller.

 

Skeletor: You have made the worst mistake of you life... but think about what I'm going to do to your brother now?

 

Skeletor's hovering platform arrives and he jumps onto it and flies off leaving Tri-Klops to follow on foot.

The Sorceress runs over to check on Jane who stands up without a scratch.

 

      Jane: Damn this armor is tough.

 

      Sorceress: Jane? Are you okay?

 

      Jane: Yeah... but this doesn't look good-

 

She points toward Mack and He-Man approaching them.

 

Mack: I thought we were going to discuss this today, not sign her up when our backs are turned.

 

Sorceress: Look, I know you're afraid for her safety, but you saw her - she's great and we need her help.

 

He-Man: I gotta say, I was impressed... welcome to the team Jane.

 

Mack: What? I can't believe this-

 

Jane: What's your problem Mack?

 

Mack: Jane, have you really thought this out? Though about the danger you're putting yourself in?

 

Jane: Yeah I have, but what about you?

 

Mack: I-

 

Jane: Have you considered what can happen to you if you're caught alone without that armor? Even if I didn't fight alongside you I'm in danger as long as that maniac is loose! Give me a chance to show you what I can do and then decide.

 

Mack: (sighs) You're right... I'm sorry Jane-

 

Mack turns and leaves the Sorceress touches Jane's arm and smiles then flies after Mack. He-Man steps closer to Jane and leans in.

 

      He-Man: Um, she didn't tell you everything... did she?

 

      Jane: Don't worry QB, your secret's safe with me.

 

He-Man: Awe man... what's the point of having a secret identity if everyone knows who you are?

 

Cut to: a parked car near the entrance of Payday. Jake Morgendorffer peeks over the car and looks around.

 

      Jake: Is it over?

 

He looks at his bag and notices that some of his stuff has scattered around the area.

 

      Jake: Gah damnit!

 

He starts gathering his stuff and finds his carton of eggs; it has fallen open and some of the eggs have broken on the ground. Jack continues to curse under his breath as he grabs the surviving eggs and puts them back into the carton. He spots an egg laying a little ways away and he gets up to retrieve it, in his anger he doesn't notice the egg is an odd bronze color...

Cut to: the Morgendorffer dinning table - Helen, Quinn, and Daria are seated at the table waiting for Jake to bring in their dinner. Jake carries a plate for each of them and sits them down on the table.

 

      Jake: Dig in everybody!

 

The phone rings.

 

      Quinn: I'll get it.

 

She runs off to answer the phone.

 

Quinn: What? No way! I'll be right there! (returns to the kitchen) Sorry can't eat - fashion emergency.

 

Helen: What? Quinn can't you at least finish the dinner Jake cooked for us-

 

She's cut off by her cell phone which she answers.

 

Helen: (overly friendly) Hello? Eric! No you didn't interrupt- (PO'd) she did what? I told her not to talk to that... of course I can come in- right now? Oh no, it's not a problem at all.

 

She turns off her phone and gets up from the table.

 

      Helen: I'm sorry Jake but something's come up at the office.

 

      Quinn: Great, you can drop me off at Stacy's.

 

They leave and Jake freaks out.

 

Jake: damnit! Why do I even bother to do anything around here if no one appreciates it!

 

Daria tries a bit of the food Jake made for her and her eyes widen in shock.

 

      Daria: Wow dad, this is actually pretty good.

 

      Jake: (calm) Really? You think so, thanks kiddo...

 

He smiles and sits down to eat his own food. Daria continues to eat hers as well.

Fade to: Later in Daria's room - Daria is at her computer writing, she is perspiring heavily as she pushes her chair back away from the desk. She grabs her stomach and tries to walk over to her bed but she falls to her knees then to all fours. Her glasses slip off of her face and she falls over on her side.

Cut to: Skeletor's throne room... Skeletor sits on his throne with his minions standing before him.

 

Skeletor: incompetents... each and every one of you... but you most of all.

 

He looks up and we see Tri-Klops suspended from the ceiling by his arms. Skeletor points his staff at him fires a stream of lightning at him. He screams in pain as his body is electrocuted; Skeletor stops the attack and raises his staff- its eyes glow red and two beams fire from it- they strike the ceiling where Tri-Klops' hands are trapped and he crashes to the floor.

 

      Skeletor: Get up!

 

Tri-Klops manages to get to his feet and look at Skeletor.

 

Skeletor: You have one more chance, go and bring me back the Egg of Avion and most importantly the box you dug out of Greyskull- don't bother coming back unless you find both of them. Now get OUT!

 

Skeletor's staff glows yellow as does Tri-Klops who is lifted into the air and flung backwards through the throne room opening.

Cut to: Wide shot of the unstable landfill - we see Tri-Klops fly up out of the ground and down into a large pile of trash toppling it.

Tri-Klops slowly digs his way out of the trash and starts walking out of the landfill, he grabs a dirty, torn sheet on his way which he wraps around himself.

Cut to: Payday - Tri-Klops walks up to the building and rotates his eyes so that his triangular eye is foreword. He looks through the building and around the area.

 

      Tri-Klops: They're not here... neither of them- what's that.

 

He walks over to a spot on the ground and examines it...

 

      Tri-Klops: Broken eggs...? It couldn't be...

 

Cut to: Daria's POV - all we see is black then Daria opens her eyes, everything is blurry but what little we see looks like her room from above. Daria reaches her hands out feeling for her bed or the floor, something she reaches behind her and feels her square ceiling light.

 

      Daria: What the hell?!

 

Cut to wide shot - Daria is floating near her ceiling; two long "wings" extend from her wrists. Daria finally notices them and-

 

      Daria: Ahh!!! What's going on?

 

They suddenly retract and she falls to the floor in front of her glasses, she reaches for them and puts them on then looks at her wrists. She has wings growing from her wrists that fold back along her arms. She flexes her wrist and they swing back open. Close up of the panicked look on her face.

Cut to: Downstairs of Chez Morgendorffer. Daria rushes down the stairs and almost runs over Quinn.

 

      Quinn: Hey!

 

      Daria: Sorry, going to Jane's.

 

And she rushes out the door, Quinn yells back to Daria.

 

      Quinn: What-ever, wait did you just apologize to me?

 

Cut to: The Lane's house, Daria rings the doorbell then pounds on the door. Finally Jane, groggily, opens the door and Daria pushes her way in.

 

      Jane: Hey... what-

 

Daria pulls off her jacket and shows Jane the feathers- Jane looks at her and the feathers.

 

      Jane: Okay... I give, what's with the feathers?

 

Daria: I don't know one moment I was writing then the next I wake up on the ceiling.

 

Jane: So... you're saying that these are real...

 

To prove her point Daria flexes her wrists and extends the wings. Jane's eye widen and her jaw drops -

 

      Jane: Holy-

 

      Daria: Exactly, I don't how this happened...

 

Jane: So you can fly?!

 

Daria: Jane... that is not the issue here, I have wings growing out of my wrists-

 

Jane: Rub it in why don't you; all I got was a suit of armor and a lifetime of combat training. Oh speaking of armor you gotta see this.

 

Daria: Jane...

 

Jane: Fine... just wait here while I get dressed and then I'll get the others and together we'll figure this out. (beat) So, did you fly over here or just walk.

 

Daria shoots her an evil glare.

 

      Daria: How about I fly you a few miles up and drop you?

 

Cut to: The Pizza Palace, Daria and Jane set in their normal booth, Jane is eating her slice of pizza but Daria hasn't even touched hers. Jodie and Mack approach the booth.

 

Jodie: Hey Jane, you asked us to meet- oh hi Daria I didn't see you there.

 

Jane: its okay Jodie, she knows- in fact she's the reason I called you here.

 

Behind them we see Kevin enter and walk over to them.

 

      Kevin: Hey what's up?

 

      Jane: Funny you should say that- ow.

 

Jane glares at Daria who notices everyone staring at her...

Cut to: the old barn - the masters all watch as Daria removes her jacket to show them her wings.

 

      Kevin: Whoa, is that why you always wear that jacket?

 

      Daria: No Kevin, this happened last night.

 

      Mack: How?

 

Daria: I don't know... I was working at my computer, and then I woke up like this.

 

Jane: On the ceiling no less...

 

Daria: Now twist the knife again.

 

Jodie: I remember... one of the original masters had wings like that, his name was Stratos I think; but he wasn't human. He belonged to a race of people called Avions.

 

Daria: I didn't come for a history lesson; I just want these things gone.

 

Jodie: If we don't even know how you got them I doubt we could get rid of them...

 

Daria: well this was helpful-

 

She clenches her fist and accidentally fires an energy beam that almost hits her own foot.

 

      Daria: Ahh!

 

      Jane: What the... that's even better than flying.

 

Daria glares at Jane again.

 

      Daria: Keep on Jane.

 

Kevin: That's cool, hey Daria how about joining us? You can be the new Stratos-

 

Daria clenches her fist toward Kevin and hits him with an energy beam.

 

Daria: Never call me that again, and I'm not going to join you... why would I, I'm not a fighter? I just want finish high school and get out of this town...

 

Jane: Daria... if Skeletor hadn't taken Trent and turned him into that thing I wouldn't be here either... and I know that you think of him as a friend and deep down you want to help him, now you can.

 

Daria: Let me think about it... I'll let you know tonight Jane...

 

Daria opens her wings and tries to take off but nothing happens. Jodie tries to hide her smile as she transforms into the Sorceress.

 

      Sorceress: Here, let me help you.

 

She extends her own wings, takes Daria's hand, and together they fly into the sky.

 

Sorceress: The wings themselves are more decoration... you have to will yourself into the air. You ready to try alone?

 

Daria: What!!!??

 

Sorceress: Don't worry, you can do it Daria, necessity is the best way to learn.

 

She lets go and Daria drops screaming...

 

Daria: (thought vo) Oh-my-god-I'm-gonna-die-I'm-gonna-die... No... I have to concentrate... fly... fly... damnit fly...

 

Sorceress: See Daria, I knew you could do it.

 

Daria opens her eyes and realizes that she is flying...

 

      Daria: Hey... I am flying... (panic) Oh god I'm flying!

 

      Sorceress: Don't tell me that you're afraid of heights?

 

Daria: No... just when there's nothing holding me up... uh, how do I get down?

 

Sorceress: The same way you stay up, will yourself to descend... see ya on the ground!

 

Daria: What? You're leaving me? Jodie I can't do this alone...

 

Sorceress: Yes you can! Believe in yourself Daria!

 

The Sorceress dives down through the clouds leaving Daria alone. She swallows hard and looks down...

 

      Daria: (thought vo) here we go... down, go down...

 

She moves her hands back behind her body and she dives down through the clouds. When she leaves the clouds we can see the city of Lawndale in the distance and Daria pulls up out of her dive and heads for home. The Sorceress leaves her hiding spot in the clouds and smiles...

 

      Sorceress: She's a natural...

 

She grabs her head and closes her eyes as she has another vision -

Cut to: The earlier battle when Tri-Klops arrived and Jane attacked him, we again see the Egg of Avion and the box he was holding fly in opposite directions. Fade to the box landing between two cars, a shadow moves over the box and two hands come onto the screen and pick it up. Fade to someone opening the box and removing the gold and black box from Jodie's nightmares. The person touches an engraving on the front of the box and it flies open releasing a purple smoke that engulfs the person. We hear a female scream as we smash cut back to the Sorceress falling out of the sky. From the bottom of the screen Daria appears and catches her.

 

Daria: and to think you were teaching me how to fly... Jodie, what's wrong?

 

      Sorceress: Someone... needs help...

 

She passes out in Daria's arms...

 

End.

 

Notes:

 

Well, this certainly turned out differently than I planned - It was to focus on Daria becoming Stratos but that was pushed back in favor to Jane becoming the "Teela" character. I had originally planed to call this episode "Flight of the Cynic" but with the focus shifted to Jane it became "Fight..." which fit and wasn't that big a change.

 

Okay - plot hole - where did Skeletor get the Egg of Avion - as stated in the 3rd chapter Greyskull was left unprotected for almost a week, do you really think that he wouldn't sneak back in and pillage a little - why he didn't take the box he was after then - who knows?

 

Also, the Egg of Avion - I think that in the original He-Man it was large, very large... and it gave the bird people or Avions the ability to fly - my take is that the more Avions that lived the bigger the Egg was, the fewer the smaller. Since we don't have a lot of bird people flying around it is reasonable to assume that there are not too many left - maybe a few... and the reason Tri-Klops could fly but didn't have the wings is that he didn't ingest the egg as Daria did - so different results.

 

Beastman calls - dogs... okay not as intimidating as the beasts he had in the old cartoon, but I'm working on it - also you have to remember that his just got his powers and may not be as quick to learn them as the others... no offense to Trent of course.

 

"Daria is at her computer writing, she is perspiring heavily as she pushes her chair back away from the desk." - ripped off from the Spider-man movie. Sorry.

 

And the mysterious "box" and its victim/master will be the focus of the next installment - I hope... should get it out this week for any and all concerned.