New Masters of the Universe

Three - empty

 

Written By: Cyke

Based on:

Daria Created by: Glenn Eichler and Susie Lewis Lynn and

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

 

 

Open on a black screen, we can hear muffled sounds but cannot make out what's being said. Around the edge of the screen a light appears and grows bigger as a large object is lifted and pushed to the right. He-Man and the Sorceress stand in the light looking down.

 

He-Man: We have to hurry... the castle is falling apart faster than I thought it would.

 

Sorceress: This should be the last time we have to go down there.

 

He-Man: Maybe you should stay here-

 

Sorceress: No, I am responsible for these items now and I have to make sure we get everything... (she looks down sadly) come on.

 

She drops down into the hole followed by He-Man. Pull back to show the remains of Greyskull... Superimpose an image of Kevin talking to the camera:

 

Kevin: (VO) My name is Kevin, but I am also known as He-Man, my family has a long history of heroes.

 

Cut to an image of Skeletor and during the following slowly fade in behind him a fiery landscape and Evil-Lyn (Barch)...

 

Kevin: Until recently our worst enemy, Skeletor, was exiled in another dimension- now he has returned to continue his quest to rule the world...

 

Cut to:  Scene from last chapter of Skeletor blasting the throne room wall.

 

Kevin: Unfortunately in our last encounter the source of my power and strength, Castle Greyskull, was destroyed.

 

Fade to: Sorceress Jodie receiving the powers of Greyskull from Teela.

 

Kevin: But before the powers of Greyskull were lost forever they were transferred to my friend Jodie, who became the new Sorceress...

 

Cut to He-Man standing with his sword drawn as Jodie flies down next to him.

 

Kevin: ...and together we will stop Skeletor and his forces.

 

Fade to He-Man and Jodie inside the museum gathering up different items including a staff topped with a cobra head, a bronze bustier, and a small box. He-Man steps over to a large case with a lock on the outside, Jodie sees him and quickly stops him.

 

Sorceress: Careful! That case contains the Mirror of Moruvad, if it catches your reflection we'll have an evil He-Man running around here.

 

He-Man: If all these things are dangerous why keep them, shouldn't they be destroyed or something?

 

Sorceress: Many of them cannot be destroyed; others would release dangerous creatures or spells if destroyed.

 

He-Man: Oh... well I guess that makes sense, so are we going to take this mirror thing?

 

Sorceress: Yes, go load it up and I'll take the rest of these-

 

The castle rumbles again and a few blocks fall from the ceiling.

 

      Sorceress: Go now!

 

He-Man carries the case on his back and jumps up through the hole closely followed by the Sorceress and her own bag of items.

Cut to: Outside - He-Man and the Sorceress watch as the room they were in collapses for good. They walk over to the Battle Hawk and begin to secure the items they retrieved to it. The Sorceress stops and removes a golden staff topped by a falcon with its wings spread out.

 

      He-Man: What are you doing?

 

Sorceress: We've removed everything we could find from the castle, but we can't leave the castle... it may still hold secrets that could be devastating should the wrong people find them... Greyskull must be wiped from the earth forever...

 

He-Man: What? You can't! I mean so what if there are a few items left, we can search the castle again and find them! You can't just destroy them without looking first.

 

Sorceress: I'm sorry Kevin, but the longer we leave Greyskull exposed the greater the risk... It's bad enough that we left it here this long...

 

He-Man: Exactly, it's been here a week without any mishaps, what's a few more days gonna matter?

 

Sorceress: That's enough, I have to do this now... or I may not be able to later... the longer it's here the more I wish it to remain...

 

Before he can protest again she raises her staff and it glows with a golden light as the ground begins to shake the remaining castle walls to the ground... then the earth beneath the castle begins to break and sink until there is nothing but a massive hole in the center of the island. The Sorceress' staff stops glowing and she turns and walks back to the Battle Hawk. He-Man stares at the hole for a moment the he too returns to his work.

Cut to: He-Man riding on the battle hawk while the Sorceress flies along side of him, they both look deeply depressed.

 

      He-Man: Jodie!

 

She looks over at him and nods her head and holds out her staff which glows, suddenly she and the battle hawk become transparent and they descend through the clouds toward Kevin's Grandfather's old barn.

Cut to: Inside the barn we see the battle hawk parked back where it was while the Sorceress casts a spell that opens a stairwell in the middle of the barn floor. He-Man carries the case and a bag down the stairs followed by the Sorceress and her bags. We follow them and emerge into a massive cave with all sorts of items from Greyskull.

 

He-Man: I'm still amazed at this place... you sure have adapted to your powers pretty quickly Jodie.

 

Sorceress: Thanks, Teela's memories have helped a lot, and of course, me being an overachiever...

 

He-Man sets the case down and puts the bag down next to it and takes out his sword and holds it up-

 

      He-Man: Let the power return!

 

There is a quick flash as he turns back into Kevin. The Sorceress smirks and simply waves her hand across her face and changes back to her normal appearance.

 

Kevin: Showoff. We better leave this stuff here and get back to Lawndale...

 

Sorceress: Go ahead without me, I'll stay and put these things up.

 

Kevin: You sure?

 

Sorceress: Yeah, I can fly remember...

 

Kevin: Rub it in why don't you... see ya!

 

Kevin heads back up the stairs and Jodie turns to the bag she had and removes a golden cobra head and stares at it as a single tear rolls down her face.

 

      Jodie: Teela...

 

Behind her a transparent Teela materializes...

 

      Teela's Sprit: I'm here Jodie.

 

Jodie spins around and gasps.

 

      Jodie: Teela? B-but how?

 

Teela's Spirit: It's one of your new gifts... you can call upon me anytime you need help, or counsel.

 

Jodie: Oh... I-I didn't mean to...

 

Teela's Spirit: Don't, you don't need to apologize- I choose to come this time, this is a difficult time for you and it's going to get worse. You're still trying to get use to your powers, it will take time as it did when I received them. But you are smart Jodie, and you will be able to handle anything put in your way...

 

Jodie: Thanks...

 

Jodie grabs her head and inhales deeply:

Cut to: Mack getting thrown into a wall by Skeletor - a sword swinging toward the camera - He-Man knocked down by a spell.

Back to Jodie kneeling on the ground...

 

      Jodie: Oh no... Mack!

 

      Teela's Sprit: That was a vision... you must go, quickly.

 

Jodie nods and gets up, she runs up the stairs as she changes back into the Sorceress. Outside of the barn we she that she has grabbed her staff and is searching the road for Kevin but he's not there.

 

      Jodie: Kevin, where are you?

 

Cut to: Close-up of Kevin's face looking dumb.

 

      Kevin: So, you guys are in a band?

 

Pan to show that he's talking to Trent and Jesse.

 

Trent: Yeah, we're Mystik Spiral, but we're thinking of changing the name... if we ever think of a good one.

 

Jesse: I still like Helpful Corn!

 

Trent: Jesse, we talked about that...

 

Kevin: I dunno, I like Mystik Spiral...

 

Cut to: Jodie has given up looking for Kevin and flies quickly toward Lawndale, below we see the Tank come to a stop behind a long line of cars ending with two wrecked cars and many police and rescue vehicles.

Cut to: Lawndale High school - Daria and Jane are talking at Daria's locker when Britney walks up to them.

 

Britney: Hi Daria, hi Jane, have you seen Kevvie today? He was supposed to pick me up this morning but he didn't show up.

 

Daria: No Britney, I haven't seen Kevin at all today (VO) thank god.

 

Jane: Did you check the guy's locker room? I hear he hangs out there a lot.

 

Britney: Oh yeah! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks!

 

Britney walks off toward the locker rooms.

 

      Jane: She's actually going to go in there?

 

Daria: Anything to get her man...

 

At that moment Jodie runs around the corner in a panic and stopped at Daria and Jane.

 

      Jodie: Have either of you seen Mack?

 

      Jane: Did you check the guy's locker room- ow!

 

Jane rubs her arm where Daria hit her.

 

      Daria: NO we haven't Jodie, what's wrong?

 

      Jodie: No time, I have to find Mack.

 

She continues running down the hall looking for him.

 

Jane: I have to ask, do we look like directory assistance, and why'd you hit me?

 

Daria: Jane, when have you ever seen Jodie like that? I think there is something really wrong here...

 

Jane: Ok I'll give you that, but why'd you hit me?

 

Daria: Come on; let's help Jodie find Mack.

 

Cut to: outside of the school a car pulls up and Mack gets out. He waves to the driver as it pulls away and then enters the school. As he walks through down the hall whistling Jodie runs into him and almost collapses she's so out of breath.

 

      Mack: Hey Jodie what's the rush?

 

      Jodie: Mack... you're okay...

 

Mack: Yeah, my car stalled and I had to wait until dad picked me up. Are you okay?

 

Jodie: Yeah, I-I just had a bad feeling that something was going to happen to you...

 

      Mack: Something like what?

 

Somewhere off-screen there is a loud explosion.

 

      Jodie: Something like that...

 

Cut to: Outside of the school Skeletor waits patiently while behind him we see energy blasts, explosions, and cars flying through the air.

 

      Skeletor: He-Man! We're waiting...

 

Back inside Jodie and Mack step into the main hall where they can see Skeletor standing outside.

 

Mack: Hey, isn't that one of they guys that trashed the school last week?

 

Jodie: Yeah... (VO) Kevin where are you?

 

She opens a door to one of the classrooms and enters it followed by Mack.

 

      Mack: Jodie, what are you doing? We have to get out of here!

 

      Jodie: No, I can't Mack... I have to stop him...

 

Mack: (Shocked) What are you talking about? There's no way you can fight-

 

Jodie transforms into the Sorceress as Mack's jaw drops...

 

      Mack: -him... or I could be wrong. Jodie what, how-

 

Sorceress: I'll tell you later, but right now I have to go, stay here where it's safe. I'll try to draw him off until He-Man gets here.

 

She gives Mack a quick kiss and rushes out of the classroom.

Cut to: Outside Skeletor is getting restless, he is now pacing back and forth.

 

Skeletor: Enough, if He-Man doesn't want to fight we'll just find another way to entertain ourselves... (to something off-screen) Destroy the building and all inside!

 

Sorceress: (off-screen) Skeletor! Leave this place now!

 

Skeletor: Ah, at least someone cares for this reached place. My dear Sorceress, allow me to introduce you to my new weapon...

 

Skeletor gestures to his left and we turn to see Man-At-Arm's empty armor holding up a car which it throws at the Sorceress. She gasps and motions her hand toward the car; a gust of wind hits the car arresting its forward momentum and it falls where Skeletor was standing. Seeing him gone the Sorceress looks around for him and spots him just as his attack hits her. She falls but manages to compose herself and prevent her crashing to the ground. She flies back into the air but has to dive to avoid an energy blast from the empty armor, then again to avoid Skeletor. The two continue to fire at her and she's doing her best to avoid getting hit but it's obvious that she's tiring... Then from out of nowhere something slams into the empty armor causing it to accidentally fire at Skeletor who barley dodges it. When he looks up he sees that He-Man has finally shown up and is currently trying to overpower the Armor. He raises his staff to fire at them but the Sorceress appears between them and she blasts him first. He falls back and lands on one knee, but he gets up his eyes burning red.

 

Skeletor: Well Sorceress... I take it that you don't like my modifications to Man-At-Arms' former armor... it was nice of your predecessor to leave it lying out for the taking.

 

Sorceress: Skeletor... you had no right-

 

Skeletor: Oh I beg to differ, was it not He-Man himself who said that Greyskull was mine? And I assumed he meant everything that was inside it as well.

 

Sorceress: You!

 

She jumps at him as her staff appears in her hands and Skeletor swings his staff; there is a bright flash as the two meet - sparks and lightning flies in all directions as they struggle - the Sorceress screams and Skeletor is blasted backwards through one of the school's walls. The Sorceress starts after him but she spins around in time to deflect an energy blast from Evil-Lyn.

 

Evil-Lyn: Well done Jodie... I'm glad to see that you've finally grew a backbone and decided to stand up for yourself... unfortunately you chose the wrong side!

 

An energy blast flies between them and they both turn to see He-Man has the armor's cannon arm pointed toward them. They each panic and Evil-Lyn dives out of danger as the Sorceress flies into the air. He-Man gets his arm free and punches the armor then takes the cannon in both hands, lifts it into the air only to slam in back down to the ground, and finally starts spinning around then throws it like a disc. While in the air; the armor aims and fires four times in rapid succession at He-Man who deflects the blasts with his sword. The armor crashes in the middle of the street and begins to rise but is hit by a semi truck that couldn't stop in time.

Cut to: Evil-Lyn is about to strike at He-Man but she gets hit by lightning from the Sorceress.

 

      Sorceress: Did you forget about me?

 

      Evil-Lyn: No, I still have plans for you!

 

The Sorceress swoops down toward her and slashes at her with her staff, Evil-Lyn avoids getting hit herself but her staff is hit and cut in half. The crystal ball on the top hits the ground and shatters. Evil-Lyn draws her sword and attacks the Sorceress who ducks the attack and sweeps Evil-Lyn's legs out from under her. She falls and lands on her back but flips back onto her feet.

Cut to: Skeletor stands near the hole where he landed after his show down with the Sorceress, he is watching the battle and waiting... Across the way he sees He-Man heading toward Evil-Lyn and the Sorceress who are too involved to notice themselves. He makes a discussion and rises his staff.

Cut to: He-Man is running to help the Sorceress but gets blindsided by Skeletor's attack, his sword flies out of his hands and slides into some bushes. When he looks up he sees Skeletor falling toward him with his sword pointed down. He rolls out of the way and gets to his knees but Skeletor backhands him sending him into the air. Skeletor pulls his sword from the ground and swings it at He-Man but misses due to another energy blast knocking He-Man out of the way. Skeletor looks at the source of the blast - the armor - and growls. The armor jumps into the air and lands on top of He-Man.

Cut to: Evil-Lyn getting smashed in the face by the Sorceress' boot and quickly followed by her staff. Evil-Lyn falls to the ground unconscious. The Sorceress turns and sees He-Man in trouble and she strikes the armor with a bolt of lightning which nocks it off of He-Man. Skeletor sees an opportunity and he strikes the Sorceress with an energy blast from his Chaos staff. She falls and tries to get up but Skeletor steps on her chest and raises his sword.

 

      Skeletor: Good-bye my dear Sorceress!

 

Skeletor brings his sword down but before he hits the Sorceress he is tackled from the side by Mack. They hit the ground and Mack punches Skeletor in the face.

 

      Mack: Stay away from her!

 

Skeletor backhands Mack and he flies back into a wall and drops unconscious. Jodie watches this and then she leaps at Skeletor in a fury that utterly takes him by surprise. She is swinging her staff so fast that Skeletor can't defend himself and he is quickly beaten down. She raises her staff to strike the final blow but the armor grabs her and pulls her away from Skeletor and slams her to the ground. She cries out but then points her staff at it and hits it point blank with a lightning bolt. Electricity surges through the armor and it locks up, He-Man slams into it and sends it flying through another wall of the school. He-Man kneels to check on the Sorceress.

Cut to: Evil-Lyn who is slowly waking up... she sees Skeletor down and He-Man facing away from her, she reaches into a pouch on her belt and withdraws a couple of small marble-like spheres. She blows on them and then throws them at He-Man, they hit his back and explode. He-Man flies forward and tries to get up but Evil-Lyn has grabbed Skeletor's Chaos staff and blasts He-Man. She screams as she is also shocked by the staff, it falls from her hands and she drops unconscious. Skeletor sets up and looks at her.

 

Skeletor: You fool; did you really think that you could wield my staff?

 

He-Man grabs Skeletor and lifts him off the ground.

 

      He-Man: It's about time I got my hands on you!

 

He slams Skeletor to the ground and receives a strong kick in return. Skeletor grabs his sword and slashes at He-Man who jumps back out of the way. He-Man is looking around for his sword but can't see it, Skeletor swings at him again and misses.

 

Skeletor: What's wrong He-Man? Lost your precious sword, don't worry you won't need it where you're going.

 

Cut to: Mack wakes up and rubs the back of his head, Skeletor's laughter gets his attention and looks up to see He-Man and Skeletor fighting, but his attention is on the Sorceress lying on the ground. He gets up and ignoring the pain he's in goes to her.

 

      Mack: Jodie? Jodie wake up!

 

She opens her eyes and looks at him.

 

      Sorceress: The sword...

 

      Mack: What?

 

      Sorceress: He-Man's sword, get it for him.

 

Mack nods and runs over to the bushes and picks up the sword, he looks back at the two fighting.

 

      Mack: He-Man catch!

 

Mack throws the sword with all his strength and He-Man jumps into the air and grabs his sword. Mack yells in triumph but then looks scared when he sees Skeletor glaring at him.

 

      Skeletor: Meddling fool!

 

Skeletor points his staff at Mack and blasts him through the hole where the armor landed. Follow in slow motion as Mack flies through the hole and falls toward the armor... the armor lights up and the abdomen, arms, and legs open as Mack lands inside of it. Nothing happens for a second but then the armor closes around his right arm. Mack jerks his head and looks at his arm trapped in the armor, then jerks his head to the left as that arm is trapped, followed by his legs and the rest of his body. Then the armor sets up and from the back and either shoulder three silver devices emerge and meet together over his head forming a helmet. A visor drops from the helmet and covers Mack's eyes; lights on the helmet begin to flash and rows of letters and numbers scroll across the visor so fast that they cannot be read.

Cut to: Skeletor and He-Man are locked sword to sword, and neither one has an advantage over the other. Skeletor's staff is lying on the ground between them but he can't reach it, he steps back and uses He-Man's own momentum to push him away giving himself a chance to grab his staff. He lifts it to attack He-Man but a lightning bolt strikes the ground at his feet, he looks up at the Sorceress trying to hold her staff steady.

 

Skeletor: Haven't had enough yet? I think I can help you with that.

 

He points his staff in her direction.

 

      Mack: (OS) I said for you to stay away from her!

 

Skeletor turns and his jaw drops when he sees Mack standing in the armor with the arm cannon pointed at him. Mack fires and the blast hits the ground at Skeletor's feet knocking him backwards.

 

Skeletor: Damn you... I'll return, you can rest assured that I'll return!

 

Skeletor holds up his staff and a bright flash blinds everyone. When they can see again Skeletor and Evil-Lyn are gone. Mack runs over to Jodie and kneels to check on her.

 

      Mack: Jodie are you okay.

 

She smiles at him.

 

      Jodie: Yeah, thanks to my knight in shining armor.

 

Mack smiles.

 

      Mack: Yeah... well it's not that shiny...

 

He-Man approaches them.

 

      He-Man: Hey, thanks for the assist back there.

 

      Mack: No problem... the name's Mack by the way.

 

      He-Man: I, uh already know...

 

      Mack: You do? How?

 

      He-Man: Um, well... Jodie, a little help here would be appreciated.

 

      Jodie: Okay, but not now... we've got an audience.

 

She points toward the School where the students are gathering... including the fashion club and the cheerleaders.

 

      He-Man: Uh oh... come on Mack-daddy we gotta go!

 

      Mack: Don't call me- wait, what did you call me?!

 

      Jodie: Later! Lets move.

 

Jodie takes their hands and closes her eyes, they begin to glow then fade away.

 

      Quinn: Oh no! He got away again!

 

      Stacy: Wasn't that Jodie and Mack?

 

      Sandi: Stacy! Don't be ridiculous...

 

      Stacy: (meek) I'm sorry.

 

Cut to: the barn in the center of the room He-Man, Mack, and the Sorceress fade in.

 

      Mack: Kevin? Is that you?

 

He-Man holds up his sword.

 

      He-Man: Let the power return.

 

He transforms back into Kevin.

 

      Kevin: Heh, surprise.

 

      Mack: Whoa, this is just too weird, where are we any way?

 

      Kevin: My grandpa's old barn just outside of the city.

 

Mack: I repeat, this is just too weird, and Jodie, when did- what did happen to you?

 

She steps to him and puts her finger to his lips to stop him.

 

      Sorceress: We'll tell you everything, but you have to listen...

 

      Mack: Okay, but I want to hear everything...

 

      Kevin: Well you better get comfortable then, it's a long story...

 

Fade to black.

 

Skeletor: Time and time again failure! You were supposed to destroy He-Man, but you proved your worthlessness!

 

Evil-Lyn: I seam to remember you getting beat down by a human no less.

 

Skeletor: What was that?!

 

Evil-Lyn: Nothing... I was just promising to finish He-Man the next time we meet.

 

Skeletor: I doubt that... He-Man was vulnerable, but now with the Sorceress and that fool that stole my armor... we are outnumbered... and I don't like to be out numbered... we need some new recruits...

 

Cut to: the Tank driving down the road; Max is driving with Jesse in the passenger seat while Trent and Nick are in the back.

 

Max: I can believe you two forgot that we have a gig in Freemont... because of you we're gonna be late.

 

Trent: I thought we didn't like playing in Freemont...

 

Max: It doesn't matter what we like and don't like, this is a gig and I need the money.

 

Nick: Don't you mean "we" need the money?

 

Max: Whatever.

 

Nick: Just watch your speed, we don't want to repeat last time do we?

 

The van hits a pot hole and causing the van to lurch violently knocking Trent and Nick off of the trunk they were sitting on.

 

      Nick: Hey man, watch those potholes.

 

      Max: Sorry man...

 

The van lurches again.

 

      Nick: Hey!

 

      Max: That wasn't a pothole, something hit us!

 

The van is hit again and it flies off the road and slams into a tree.

Smash cut to black.

End.

 

Notes:

 

Sorry about the little recap of the last chapter...

The items removed from the museum... they just might play an important part in the story... can you say foreshadowing?

 

Good-bye Greyskull - I loved the castle but couldn't very well keep it near Lawndale and having them travel back and forth would be hard so it's gone and replaced with... a barn - hey what can I say I'm a bad writer - I mean I'm the guy that took Skeletor from snake mountain to an unstable landfill...

 

Again regarding Jane and Daria's conversation, I'm not good enough to write for Jane or Daria which is going to be a problem in a few upcoming stories...

 

Fight scenes not my cup-o-tea love to watch 'em, but trying to write 'em is another story.

 

Freemont again - Speedtrapped revisit.