New Masters of the Universe

ONE - THE RETURN

 

Written By: Cyke

Based on:

Daria Created by: Glenn Eichler and Susie Lewis Lynn

and

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

 

 

Scene: Lawndale High school hallway - students stand around talking with each other while others retrieve items from their lockers. Among the students are Sandy, Tiffany, Stacy, and Quinn - the fashion club - who stand off to the side of the hall deep in discussion. From another hallway Kevin enters.

 

Kevin: (thought VO) Another day of the same old routine. The same usual act... I wish something exciting would happen.

 

The end of the hall explodes showering the students with glass and debris. Several of the students panic and run screaming down the hall. The members of the fashion club, as well as a few other students stand frozen in their tracks. Kevin starts forward to investigate until a dark figure emerges from the smoke. The figure is holding a staff with the skull of a ram on the top and as he continues into the hall we see that he is clad in a dark blue cloak with the hood pulled down low so that his face is cast in shadows. From the darkness his red eyes glow slightly. He takes a few more steps toward the curious students.

 

Skeletor: Well, how nice of you to welcome your new master... but shouldn't you be down on your knees!?

 

He looks up allowing more light to shine on his faceless yellow skull. The remaining students scream and run after their fellow students... as Skeletor sends a loud, evil laugh after them. In the chaos Kevin manages to enter one of the classrooms and quickly checks to ensure that he's alone. He reaches behind his head and withdraws an old rusted sword hidden beneath his shoulder pads and holds it above his head in his right hand.

 

Kevin: By the power of Greyskull...

 

The sword emits a bright light that surrounds Kevin. When the light fades Kevin has transformed into He-Man. His muscles and height have been increased, his Lawndale High football jersey has been replaced by armor plated shoulder pads with leather straps that crisscross his chest and meet together at an iron cross. His pants are now gone and he wears a brown loincloth, and his athletic shoes have changed into fur-lined boots. The sword also has changed; all signs of its rust have disappeared and now looks brand new. The sword and Kevin continue to glow as Kevin lowers the sword and grabs the blade in his left hand.

 

Kevin: I have the power!

 

Cut to: the end of the hall where the fashion club is cowering before Skeletor who slowly advances on them. Behind him the lockers have been blown to pieces, doors shattered, and parts of the ceiling have collapsed. Skeletor laughs again at the terrified students.

     

Skeletor: No one can save you now!

 

He-Man: (OS from behind Skeletor) I think you spoke too soon... Skeletor.

 

Skeletor turns and his jaw drops when he sees He-man pointing his sword at him.

 

Skeletor: He-man!? No... it can't be, it's impossible!

 

He-Man: I don't know how you escaped from the dimension where the sorceress exiled you, but you're going back, and I'm going to be the one who puts you back.

 

Skeletor reaches into his cloak as he speaks.

 

Skeletor: I fear not He-Man... I'll never be trapped in that abyss or anywhere else again, and certainly not by you!

 

Skeletor holds out his staff and two energy beams shoot out of its eyes toward He-man, who easily deflects them with his sword. But they were just a distraction so that he could withdraw his own sword and strike He-Man who just manages to dodge it. He-man knocks Skeletor's sword away but Skeletor recovers and slashes at He-Man again. Their swords meet and they each lean in until they are face to face.

 

Skeletor: I see your strength is the same as it was back when we last fought; unfortunately I spent my many years in exile honing my skills - as well as MY strength!

 

Skeletor pushes He-Man away and he slams into the lockers behind him. Without hesitation Skeletor fires two more energy beams from his staff which hit He-Man driving him through the wall. Skeletor laughs and turns his head toward the students.

 

Skeletor: Stick around; I'll be back for you four.

 

He points his staff at them and it glows yellow as a cage made of energy magically appears around them. Skeletor then steps through the hole to finish He-Man.

Cut to: Classroom. He-Man lies on a pile of rubble - his sword on the ground just out of his reach. He sits up and grabs his head.

 

He-Man: Damn, I should've seen that coming.

 

Skeletor: (os) Oh I have more that just that...

 

Turn to show Skeletor stepping through the hole.

 

Skeletor: ...and I plan to show you each painful one.

 

Cut back to He-Man as he looks over at his power sword and reaches out for it only to have his hand almost blown off by Skeletor's energy attack. He looks back at Skeletor as he towers over him smugly and gets an idea. He-Man gets on his knees and into a three-point stance and quickly pushes off with his feet and tackles a surprised Skeletor back through the wall and into the lockers across the hall. The impact causes Skeletor to drop his sword and staff. He-Man begins punching Skeletor in the abdomen multiple times then hits him with a powerful upper-cut that slams him into the ceiling and crashing back to the floor. Skeletor grabs his staff and swings it and catching He-Man's leg and trips him. Then Skeletor grabs his sword and begins running back toward the front of the school, but stops and turns back toward He-Man.

 

Skeletor: You caught me off guard this time He-Man, but I'll return and I will finally destroy you, but for now you have a choice, follow me- or save them!

 

Skeletor holds out his staff and it glows yellow again as the cage around the students disappears, then the glow stops and he raises it as two red beams shoot out of its eyes. He-Man watches the energy beams hit the ceiling above the students and runs toward them and shields them from the falling debris, then he easily stands up throwing the debris of his back and away from the fashion club. When he looks down the hall he sees that Skeletor is gone, then he turns back to the fashion club and sees that they are staring at him in a daze.

 

He-Man: Are you four okay?

 

They continue to stare at him and he waves his hand in front of their faces to no effect.

 

He-Man: Hello? (slowly) Are... you... okay...? (nothing) Um... okay, well I really should go after-

 

Quinn snaps out of her daze first and grabs He-Man's arm.

 

Quinn: Wait, you don't really have to go do you?

 

He-Man: Well I have to-

 

Sandy: No, stay here...

 

Tiffany: Uh... yeah, what she said..."

 

He-Man Pulls his arm free of Quinn's grasp and steps toward the hole in the wall.

 

He-Man: No that's okay, I really have to go after Skeletor.

 

Tiffany: Ewww... that man...

 

Sandy: I know, people like him shouldn't be allowed in public.

 

Quinn: Hey, where did he go?

 

Quinn and the others look around and see that He-Man has disappeared.

 

Stacy: (meek) Um... he went through that hole there.

 

Sandy: Stacy...! Why didn't you say something?

 

Stacy: I'm sorry.

 

Quinn and Sandy get up and rush through the hole after him.

 

      Tiffany: Uh... yeah.

 

She and Stacy calmly follow the others through the hole.

Cut to: Classroom - He-Man is picking up his sword as Quinn and Sandy enter the room.

 

      Quinn: Hey came back!

 

      Sandy: Yeah, tell us your name!

 

He-Man quickly runs through the door with them close on his heels. He-Man easily out runs them as he runs through the halls, right past Jane and Daria who are standing in front of Daria's locker.

 

Jane: Wow... now that's something you don't see everyday.

 

Daria: A large man in a loincloth carrying a sword-

 

The fashion club runs past them.

 

Daria: -and the fashion club running... I think Lawndale just became more interesting...

 

Jane: Wanna follow them and watch?

 

Daria: Nah, that would require effort.

 

Cut to: another hall - He-Man turns the corner and ducks into an open classroom and closes the door. He checks to ensure that it's empty then holds up his sword

 

He-Man: Let the power return!

 

The sword emits another bright light that quickly fades and Kevin is transformed back to normal. He replaces the sword back under his shoulder pads and casually exits them room only to get run over by Sandy and Quinn.

 

Kevin: Whoa, hey babes.

 

Quinn: Oh hi Kevin? Did you see a guy come past here - tall, muscular, loincloth, carrying a big sword?

 

Kevin: Hey yeah I did, he ran down the hall.

 

They push past Kevin and continue down the hall, Kevin exhales and wipes his forehead just as he hears-

 

Britney: Oh Kevviieee!

 

Kevin turns and sees Britney approaching and he smiles.

 

Kevin: Hey babe!

     

      Britney: I saw you talking to those girls!

 

      Kevin: Awe come on babe!

 

      Britney: You can't talk your way out of this, we're through!

 

She storms off and Kevin stands there looking confused.

 

Kevin: (thought VO) Well, I set myself up for all this... (yelling to Britney) But babe!

 

Cut to: The other side of the school - Skeletor is quickly moving down the hall when he runs into Ms. Barch as she leaves a classroom.

 

Ms. Barch: Ow, watch where you're walking you man!

 

Skeletor looks up and Ms. Barch sees his face, but she just gets a angrier look on her face.

 

Ms. Barch: It's just like a man to think a stupid mask is going to scare me. Well you better think again!

 

She pulls back her fist and slugs him. It's a solid hit and Skeletor takes a few steps backward then glares at her.

 

Skeletor: So, my appearance doesn't frighten you, and you apparently have a grudge against men...?"

 

Ms. Barch: Damn straight I do, all you men are the same, the scum of the earth!

 

Skeletor: Hmm, I believe I can work with that.

 

He swings his staff around and points it at her and a black smoke spews out of the ram's mouth and encasing her. His eyes glow red as he begins a low evil laugh.

Cut to: The unstable landfill - Skeletor walks up to the edge and looks over it.

 

Skeletor: Well, it's not Snake Mountain but it'll have to do... for now.

 

Skeletor grabs his staff in both hands and holds it toward the landfill and it glows yellow. The center of the landfill sinks down into the ground and solidifies, at Skeletor's feet a staircase from the top down to the floor appears and turns into a long re carpet. The carpet stops as a throne rises from the floor, on either side of it a large fountain rises and then breathes out a large flame. Along the walls spikes sprout at random intervals and scattered amongst them several torches appear as well. Skeletor begins to descend the stairs as they sink and the ground begins to rises and cover them, as Skeletor enters the throne room we see that the ground Is also closing over it as well. When the ground has completely closed over the throne room Skeletor's staff stops glowing and he turns around and sits on his throne.

 

Skeletor: Now that this is done, all that's left is to find a way to destroy He-Man.

 

Voice: (OS) Leave that to me... (a shadowy figure walks onscreen) after all you promised I could.

 

The figure walks into the light, it's Ms. Barch.

 

Skeletor: Yes... I did didn't I? Very well, you may do what you want to He-Man while I visit and old friend...

 

Cut to: Ms. Barch's face as she smirks.

 

Ms. Barch: (Thought vo) Typical man... leave the dirty work for the woman while he goes off and plays. Oh well I'll destroy He-Man, then I'll deal with you.

 

Fade out.

Cut to: Kevin's room - he has his football jersey hanging up in his closet and his shoulder pads lying on the floor below it. He walks onscreen wearing his leather jacket and blue jeans. He reaches into the closet and opens a hidden door and removes his sword and sheath and puts it on. He leaves the room and runs into his dad, Doug Thompson.

 

      Doug: Hey, what do you think you're doing?

 

      Kevin: Something I have to do.

 

Doug: I thought I told you to get rid of that sword! It's worthless!

 

Kevin: You didn't want it so grandpa gave it to me.

 

Kevin: Ha! That old fool! Telling all those stupid stories about how great our family once was! That we're all heroes! He was delusional! Now get rid of that sword and put your football jersey back on!

 

Kevin: No dad, you might not have believed grandpa but I did and I've seen what this sword can do and now the world needs me. There are things more important than football, you just don't want to admit it.

 

Doug stares in disbelief as Kevin pushes past his dad.

Cut to: Kevin walking down a road country road, both sides of the street is flanked by tall corn stalks.

 

Kevin: (thought vo) I can't believe I said that to dad. He's never going to forgive me... I may have to move into grandpa's old barn... if I can find it.

 

Kevin stops and looks to his left and jumps into the air trying to look over the corn; in the distance we see a broken down barn. Kevin smiles and runs into the corn and heads toward the barn.

Cut to: Inside the barn, the front door opens and Kevin enters, there is very little light in the barn and Kevin reaches into his jacket, pulls out a small flashlight, and clicks it on. He shines the light around and we see a rusted tractor, wooden boxes, a roll of chicken wire, and other things. Kevin steps further into the barn and his flashlight lands on a ladder. He heads over to it and climbs up it, when he reaches the top level he shines his light toward the back and it shines on something covered by a large tarp.

 

Kevin: Greyskull, here I come.

 

In the dim light we can see Kevin smile as he steps over to the object and pulls the tarp off and tosses it toward us...

Cut to: outside of the barn, the top doors fly open as Kevin flies out of the barn riding a Battle Hawk - a jet that is designed after a Hawk, the front looks like the head and the main body is shaped like it has feathers. On either side of the main body there are two retractable wings with smaller engines on the ends.

 

      Kevin: Whoooohoooo!!!!

 

Kevin guns the engine and flies up high into the sky and disappears.