Jane's Fame (The first scene we see Daria and Jane is Daria's room.) Daria- Jane, what would you think if I asked Trent out? Jane- (Gasps) Well, personally, I think it would be okay. Besides, it's about time! Daria- What I mean is, do you think that it would hurt our "rewarding" friendship? Jane- No way! I mean, how many people get to see you in so many various humiliating situations as me? That's rewarding. Daria- You're right, I guess. (Shruggs shoulders) (On tv there's an ad for Sick Sad wrold's sickest painting) Jane- Hmmmmmmm.......... Daria- Now what? Jane- Did you just see that commercial? Daria- Oh no. Not you. This whole world's gone mad! Jane- They said you could win up to 5,000 dollars... Daria- Jane, Sick Sad World is aired nationwide- - - - - Ever heard "Many will enter, few will win"? Jane- Aw, c'mon, it'll be fun. You can be my sidekick. Daria- No thanks, I'll get flashbacks from when I was working with Sheriff Clint Eastwood. Jane- Fine, I'll enter it myself! Cut to commercial.... Dark scene is when Jane says Hmmmm... (Second scene is Quinn and the fashion club in the cafeteria at school) Quinn- What we need is to make Pen-Pals..... That way, we can help the socially unacceptable AND find out the latest fashion trends across America. Tiffany- You're..........soooo................right...............Quinn. Stacy- Yea, that's a great idea. Sandi- Yes, IF you want to talk with the socially unacceptable that's fine...... but if you want fashion trends from their city, why not ask the popular? Quinn- You are right, but wouldn't it be easier to talk to one, instead of two? Sandi- If you don't like my ideas maybe you shouldn't be in the fashion club! Quinn- I didn't mean it like that! Besides Sandi, you know more than me......... Tiffany- Or..........we......could.......enter.......a..........contest, And give the money.......to.........a........charity....to...buy..........the.........unpop ular...... clothes. Sandi- What kind of contest? Tiffany- There's......this........one..........I ..........saw............on TV..................called "Sick, Saddest, painting". Quinn- Good, then it's settled. We'll paint. Sandi- But what will we paint? (The next scene is in Art Class) Mrs. DeFoe- Now class, I want you to find out about this Sick, Saddest painting..... and ENTER! Oh, and please, no blood! Jane- Maybe it's not worth entering after all. Daria- Unless you have quote, unquote potential, that in which provides a "strong, supportive, intellectual point of view" from other people that call themselves: ARTISTS. Which details the thought that maybe, just maybe, there is hope for you yet. Jane- I like the way you think Daria. Daria- Huh? Jane- Maybe I could find those people posing as artists and sabotage their work then...... Daria- (Interrupts Jane) NO! .............. Unless that person is popular. Jane- Are you going to help me?...I'm going to look for the grey lining in popularity. Daria- I might as well, Clint. **Smiles** Cut to commercial--Dark scene is Sandi tellin Quinn that maybe she shouldn't be in the fashion club. (Scene 4 is where Daria and Jane are at Jane's house....Jane is painting a picture) Jane- I just don't know what to paint for the Sick Saddest Painting. I know I'll be brilliant, but I just need a very sad topic. Daria- (Looking through last years yearbook) What about Football players and Cheerleaders? They're sad enough as is. Jane- I don't know, they're too stupid. Daria- What do you mean? Jane- Well, they wouldn't even know that we were degrading them. Daria- Oh, true. Point 2 goes to Miss Lane. Jane- Maybe we'll find a sad sight at your house. Daria- No all I have is..... Daria and Jane- Quinn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jane- Those fashion bloodsuckers are goin down!! Daria- Yes! (Later at Daria's house, in Quinn's room) Quinn- So what you're saying is that you guys want to paint me for art class? Jane- Yea, uh,........... We're doing a popularity assignment.... but somewhat still life. Quinn- So.... I'll be like that lamp over there? Daria- Yes, but not as bright. Quinn- What? You think my face has lost it's color?!!? Omigod... don't paint me yet!!!!! Jane- It's my own fault for trying. Daria- Don't worry...... At least your hair is bouncier. Quinn- What???!!!!! I can't take all this stress!!!!!! Get out! I have a major make over to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jane and Daria back in Daria's room...) Jane- Hey Daria, have you asked Trent out yet? Daria- No, I look at my family now, and I lose motivation for dating, let alone marrige. Jane- Ah..... well, wish us good luck. Daria- What do you mean? Jane- I just sent my painting in, and I need you. We're leavin. Daria- (Raises head in approval) Okay Clint. Cut to commercial. Dark scene is Quinn Freaking out. (At the Lawndale chapter of the Sick, Saddest painting) Jane- Ha....now that was sheer fun. Daria- I don't know, what if they find out who did it? Jane- They won't..... Besides, It was themselves. Daria- What are THEY doing here? **Points to the Fashion Club** Jane- That was their painting... Daria- Ooohhh..... now I get it. (The showing of the paintings) The fashion clubs' painting was of Daria and Jane. Daria and Jane sabotaged it by putting Fashion Forward comments all over it..... and right next to it....Jane's painting is a picture of the Fashion club. Judge 1- Hmmmm... Very intriuging (Looking at Jane's) Judge 2- Yes, yes brilliant. Judge 3- Ravishing! (10 minutes later) Jane- See, they ate it up! Daria- Weren't they looking in between the paintings.... but to more of the fashion clubs' side? Jane- Nah. Judge 1- Jane, you did excellent work. Judge 2- Yes. Judge 3- But our winner is "Fashion Forward" by The Lawndale Fashion Club. Daria and Jane- What? But we..... Jane- I mean they were so insignificent!!!! So artificial! It was a Picture! Judge 1- But it portrays the lazyness of the artists point of view! Daria- Doesn't Hard, honest work count in life anymore? Judge 2- It does, but we get 10% of the earnings from the club. Jane- Figures. I knew it. Daria- Only too well. Only too well. (End scene- Quinn enters Daria's room.) Quinn- Sorry you and your little friend didn't win. Daria- Yea, sure..... hey what did you do with your share of the money? Quinn- I gave it too charity. Daria- I mean it. Quinn- I bought myself a makeup kit. Now I can give myself like 50 makeovers a day..... sorta like using blue eyeshadow to make it look like a shiner. Daria- I bet I can beat that. **Shuts room door** ("Scar Tissue" by Red Hot Chili Peppers plays and alter egos show.)