DARIA MEETS SCOOBY-DOO!

"Through a Scooby Darkly"

Original text by Roger E. Moore
Based on "Through A Lens Darkly," "Daria" episode #301, written by Glenn Eichler May 20, 2002


We start the scene in Lawndale as Daria (in the family SUV) gets driving tips from her mother, Helen. The car moves in fits and starts, weaving out of its lane occasionally.

HELEN: All right, Daria, don't start your turn till your front wheels are past the corner. That's it. Now, accelerate as you start to straighten. Good.

Coming out of the curve, Daria sees something to one side, and she swerves the car violently in that direction.

HELEN: Watch out for the dog. Watch out, Daria!
SCOOBY-DOO: Rook out!

There is a loud thump as the car hits something. Daria hits the brakes, and the tires squeal.

DARIA: [looks around] Did I kill him? Did I kill him?
HELEN: [turning in seat to look behind car] Look, honey! He's okay--sort of.
DARIA: [mumbles under breath] Damn it.
SCOOBY-DOO: [twenty feet behind car, to one side, limping] Roo rasshole!

Daria puts the SUV into reverse and floors the gas.

HELEN: [screams] Daria!
DARIA: I'll see if he's all right.
SCOOBY-DOO: [behind/under car] Rikes!

The car bounces up and down as it drives over Scooby-Doo with all four tires.

HELEN: You hit that talking dog again!
DARIA: No, I'm sure that was a manhole cover or something. [throws car into driving gear again, mumbles under breath] God, that was close. Almost missed him.
SCOOBY-DOO: [on ground, just in front of car, last gasp] Roh, no!

The car lurches forward, bouncing up and down again as it runs over Scooby-Doo once more.

HELEN: [shouting] Daria, you just hit him a third time! Didn't you see him? Why did you do that?
DARIA: Um, I was going back to check on him, and my glasses sort of blocked the view, then I, uh, sort of forgot where he was. Sorry, Mom.
HELEN: Oh, my God! You ran over that talking dog because you couldn't see him in your peripheral vision? Don't you think that's a problem?
DARIA: Maybe for talking dogs.
HELEN: Oh, my God! A talking dog! We could liable for damages if anyone sees that we ran over him!
DARIA: Good point. [accelerates, leaving area quickly]
HELEN: [last glance back, sighs] Well, he was sort of annoying. No harm done.
DARIA: [nods agreeably] Would you mind telling Quinn I killed him? She likes that show.

They drive away.

FINIS

READERS: Contribute your own original artwork of the thrilling action in this exciting episode to your favorite "Daria" super website!