Title: Daria gets a job Author: Adam Johnson Description: Daria gets a job working as a waitress Scene 1-Londale High School (The bell rings people are rushing into the cafeteria) Jane: Daria, wait up. Hey what is bothering you? Daria: I am trying to get enough money to buy my mom and dad a lame anniversary present. They said, get us one or else, I was forced. Jane: Why don't you get a job. Daria: A job, are you crazy, or out of your mind? You must be crazy. Jane: No, I'm serious, bring in a newspaper to school tomorrow, and we will read it. Okay? Daria: But I am not going to be a fashion model. Jane: No problem, they probably don't need you as one anyway. Just kidding. Scene 2-(The next day 1-Londale High School cafeteria) Daria: Let's see, Banker, Beauty Parlor workers, ...Lion Tamer...Waitress... Jane: That's it Daria: What's it? Jane: A waitress! You are swell at that. You make wonderful omelets, and your mashed potatoes are delicious and... Daria: Shut up. I know I am a good cook but I am not waitressing. Jane: Oh yeah? Scene 3-(McGagles restaurant) Miss Pat: This is where you make the potatoes, Mashed, Baked, sweet, sweet baked, and many others, understand? Daria and Jane: Yes we understand, of course etc. Miss Pat: So do you both know what you are supposed to do? Remember, pick up the potatoes here, and give them, to people, that's all you have to do. Daria: That's it? Jane: Even if they didn't order any? Miss Pat: Only if they order that, remember? We have the bean parlor, the Italian parlor etc. Daria and Jane: Oh yeah, forgot, sorry etc. Miss Pat: Get to work! (Outside the doors of the restaurant the fashion club stand. Quinn looks in and notices Daria and her friend) Quinn: Are you sure you wanna go here? I mean it is pretty lame, I mean let's go. Sandy: Wait just a minute Quinn, we came here to eat. Let's eat. Tiffany: Yyeeaahh, lleett'ss eeaatt Stacy: Like, I am so hungry. Let's go in. Sandy: Wait! As princess of the Fashion Club I choose the table and the waitress. Okay? Fashion Club: Of course, yeah, we agree etc. (Back with Daria and Jane) Jane: I can't believe you let me do this to! Daria: I told you I wouldn't do it alone. Jane: Look Daria, it's Quinn and her friends. Oh great (Sandy approaches the counter, walking towards Daria) Sandy: Excuse me miss? You are our waitress, come wait on us okay? Daria: Okay (Back at Quinn's table) Sandy: This is the worst service ever. Tiffany: Yyeeaahh Stacy: I like totally agree with you Sandy Daria: Welcome to McGagles, may I get you some food? Sandy: Do I know you? Daria: Who me? I don't think so Sandy: Oh. Well, we will have 4 baked potatoes, 4 Caesar salads, and 4 glasses of milk. Okay? Daria: That will be $34.94 Sandy: Quinn pay the nice lady please (Quinn hands Daria the money) Daria: Thank you (Daria walks back behind the counter, brings the Fashion Club there food and walks back behind the counter) Daria: Look at this, $34.94, all for me Jane: Actually, that money belongs to the restaurant. You get the dollar tip Daria: I don't care, I'll take this. Jane: okay Daria: Let's get out of here Scene 4-(Daria and Jane walk into Daria's house, Helen stands there on the phone) Daria: Who are you talking to mom? Helen: Your father, he isn't home tonight (To the phone), Bye Bye honey. Daria: Here mom here is your and Dad's anniversary present. Helen: Daria, our anniversary was last week. Daria: Darnet!