MTV's Daria Morgendorffer, that sarcastic, slacker chick we all know and love, gives up her secrets for a successful school year. Use them at your own risk.
- Never make eye contact with a teacher who utters the words "school spirit" or "extra credit."
- If something seems really stupid, it probably is.
- Avoid dating guys whose names are verbs, such as Rip or Slash.
- It's okay to swap outfits with your friends... but not during class.
- Whatever that smell in your locker is, it's not going to improve with time.
- Never accept a collect call from a prison inmate, unless it's one of your former teachers.
- Teachers prefer book reports that are neatly typed on a computer over those scrawled in lipstick on a supersized Mr. Goodbar wrapper.
- Nail polish is meant to be applied externally.
- Avoid after-school jobs that involve mopping up blood.
- No matter what pressure is brought upon you, avoid the Salisbury steak.