Troubles Author: Adam Johnson Description: The dance is here. everyone is breaking up, and Jane has something planned for her "friend" Daria. "What do you mean? I thought you were going to take me the dance, and now you just bail out on me? How could you?" Brittany was mad all thanks to Kevin. "What are you talking about babe? The one\ly reason I can't take you is because Sandy asked me first." "You chose that slob over me? How could you? I am through with you, Kevin!" Brittany left. A couple lockers down, the same kind of argument was going on with Tom and Jane. "Tom, listen, you cannot actually say you want Daria to go to the dance with you? Can you?" "You see Jane, Daria doesn't have a date and..." "Like I do. You know what Tom, go with Daria, actually let Daria be your girlfriend. Let Daria be with you forever! See if I care!" "Jane, you don't really mean that do you?" "Of course I don't I just want you to be happy." "Oh thanks. Bye" "Bye." Jane was obviously mad. But she wasn't done yet. You'll see Jane hasn't had her fun yet. Jane had decided that if Tom won't go with her then nobody will. She decided that she would call Daria and tell her that Trent wants to go to the dance with her. Then she will call all the girls of Londale and tell them that some guy has asked them out to the dance! That will make Jane be the only one left. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Daria was sitting on her couch watching her favorite show, Sick Sad World, when she resived a phone call. It was Jane. After she heard that Trent had asked her out, she started flipping out with joy. But, when Tom came to her door, she had to break the sad news to him. Daria thought something was up. "Oh well," she said to herself, "At least the guy of dreams if going to the dance with me!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ It was one week before the dance. Daria was walking to her locker when she ran into Trent. Trent was with his date. "Who is this?" Daria asked. "This is my date for the dance, Brittany." "I thought you were taking me." "No, what gave you that idea?" "Jane said you wanted to go with me." "Oh? Well, I'll have a talk with her." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ It was now 3 days until the dance. Trent was sitting on his couch and was watching Sick Sad World when Jane walked in. "What is this about Daria thinking I am taking her to the dance?" "What?" "Yeah, she said that you told her that." "I as well tell you. You see Tom and I well, decided that I shouldn't go with him to the dance. So I called Daria and said that you asked her out. Then I called everyone else, and told them they had a date, like a matchmaker. I'm sorry, how can I repay you?" "Well...you could help me set up the lights for our song that we are gonna sing. Would you help us? If so, then I will call everyone back and tell them you were kidding, okay?" "Ok" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ It was the night of the dance, everyone was there. Britany was with Kevin. Jane with Tom. The Fashion Club with...The Fashion Club. And, Daria with Trent. Everyone was happy. That was the end of Londale High School's dance.