The Last Words Heard

by Daria Morgendorffer

The foyer echoed with the sound of hurried footsteps. Melody Powers slowed her run to a steady jog. The communist agent had been idiotic enough to lead their longwinded chase into a dead end. Melody smiled with the realization that the agent was trapped. It was time to play some cat-and-mouse.

When she finally caught up with the agent was looking around frantically, trying to find means of escape. Suddenly, his eyes met Melody's, and he stood straighter and narrowed his eyes to show defiance against his pursuer.

"So, Red Boris," Melody said, drawing out her gun. "Trapped are we? Trapped like the rat you are."

"You vill not stop dee revolution, captiteeleest pig," said Red, trying desperately to sound brave in the face of death and failing miserably. "Vee vill rise up against...."

"Save the speech, Red" Melody interrupted. "Your time is up... and... well... I've got good news... and I've got bad news.... The bad news is: You're going to die alone, a fameless casualty for an unjust cause."

Red swallowed nervously. "And the good news?"

He left the world with her voice ringing in his ears.





























"I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico."

Geico. A fifteen minute call could save you ten percent or more on car insurance, but it won't save you when faced with Anti-communist agents. Sorry.

 

**********************************************************************

 

(Written in response to betting on delusion’s Advertising Iron Chef. No communists were harmed in the making of this fic.)

 

Wallace: "The question is, what is a Mahna Mahna?"

Statler: "The question is, who cares?

-The Muppet Show (The Mahna Mahna Song)