New Masters of the Universe

Nine - Fire and ice, an end and a Begining

 

Written By: Cyke

Based on:

Daria Created by: Glenn Eichler and Susie Lewis Lynn

and

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

 

Open on an aerial view of Lawndale, there are fires scattered all through out the town; Mack, Jane, and Trent fly past on the battle hawk followed by Daria and the Sorceress.

 

Jane: Look at all those fires, there's no way we can fight Skeletor and put them out.

 

Mack: Right now I'm not worried about the fires, the fire department can handle them, and I'm just focused on stopping Skeletor before he can cause more damage.

 

Sorceress: Look out Mack!

 

A fireball hits the battle hawk and sends it spinning out of control. A second and third fireball head towards the Sorceress and Daria but they easily dodge them.

 

Skeletor: (OS) Excellently done, but I'm afraid that you'll have to do much better!

 

The fireballs curve back and once again head toward them and they dodge them only to have them curve back around toward them again.

Back on the battle hawk Mack is struggling with the controls trying but to no avail. Trent lifts his head and lets out a deafening howl that makes Jane and Mack cover their ears. The battle hawk speeds toward the ground as one of the flying beasts appears from the clouds and drops toward them. Trent stands and easily jumps up onto its back and grabs the reigns as the creature grabs Jane and Mack with its talons and lifts them free of the doomed craft. Mack watches helplessly as his creation crashes and explodes.

 

      Mack: Damn, back to the drawing board.

 

      Jane: If we survive.

 

      Trent: Don't worry Janie, I have you.

 

      Skeletor: (os) and I have you, right where I want you!

 

They look down and see Skeletor standing on top of a building; he holds out his hands and a fireball appears in each hand. He looks up and then throws the fireballs toward them. The fireballs fill the screen and an explosion is heard - pull back to see He-Man and Wildcat on the battle hawk in the middle of a heavy blizzard. The right wing has been damaged and is on fire.

 

He-Man: Stupid mountain! This isn't good, the controls won't respond... and we're losing altitude!

 

Wildcat: Nonononono! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! This is why I hate flying! Why'd you force me to come! It's your fault I'm going to die!

 

He-Man: Calm down Wildcat, we are not going to- (weak) die...

 

The battle hawk slams into a tree and is sent into a violent spin right into another tree. Wildcat is thrown off of the battle hawk and falls down between two trees, she manages to dig her claws into the bark of one of the trees and slows her fall enough to grab onto a limb and climb to safety. Back on the battle hawk He-Man tries to regain enough control to glide it down but it slams into yet another tree which rips the left wing off. The rest of the ship speeds toward the ground and crashes- He-Man is thrown free and hits the ground hard. He rolls into a tree and remains motionless.

Up in the tree Wildcat looks down and sees the burning wreckage.

 

      Wildcat: Whew, that could've really hurt- oh no Kevviee!!!

 

She quickly climbs down the tree and rushes toward the wreckage yelling Kevin's name. When she reaches the crash site she sees He-Man lying unconscious next to the tree and she rushes over to him.

 

      Wildcat: Kevvie? Wake up! Kevvie! Kevin, wake up!

 

She scratches him across the face and he wakes with a scream of pain. Wildcat smiles and grabs him in a big bear hug.

 

      Wildcat: Oh Kevvie you're okay!

 

      He-Man: Ow! Yeah, hey watch the claws!

 

      Wildcat: Oh, sorry...

 

      He-Man: It's okay, wait what did you call me?

 

      Wildcat: What do you mean?

 

He-Man: You called me "Kevvie," only Britney does that, but she didn't have any memories of being you. How could-

 

Wildcat: I remember everything, being that... that airhead cheerleader!

 

He-Man: What-

 

Wildcat: Don't start defending her; I know that there are only two reasons why you like her.

 

He-Man: What two- oh, hey wait no that's not how it-

 

Wildcat: Oh come on! What else does she have going for her? Her annoying high-pitch voice, her stupid habit of twirling her hair, her supreme intellect!? Well, which one is it?

 

He-Man: Um... I... Heh, it's um.

 

Wildcat: Exactly... you could do so much better, like me.

 

He-Man: What!?

 

Wildcat: Remember I said I'd help you if you promised me something.

 

He-Man: Yeah...

 

Wildcat: Don't ever turn me back to, her. Let me stay like this, as Wildcat.

 

He-Man: But... I-I can't!

 

Wildcat: You promised me!

 

He-Man: You don't understand, when I change back, so will you. There's nothing I can do.

 

Wildcat: No... there has to be a way!

 

He-Man: I'm sorry, but if there is I don't know how...

 

Wildcat turns away from him and appears to start crying.

 

He-Man: Look, maybe Jodie can find a way... lets hurry and find the Frost Armor and kick Skeletor's butt, then we'll find a way to let you stay like this.

 

Wildcat spins around and grabs his arm, she was faking crying.

 

      Wildcat: I knew you wouldn't let me down, babe. Come on!

 

      He-Man: Y-you were faking!

 

Wildcat: No, I was crying on the inside... but I can't actually cry- I have a reputation to uphold.

 

Together they begin to tread thru the snow.

Back in Lawndale the battle with Skeletor has moved further into the town. The Sorceress is battling Skeletor one-on-one, her with the sword of power and Skeletor with a large flaming sword. The Sorceress is bleeding from her left arm and is limping a bit. Skeletor drives her back blow after blow.

 

      Sorceress: Mack! Help me!

 

Mack lays facedown in the street wearing his regular armor while his power suit in lay in ruin behind him. He starts to get up in obvious pain but is able to get on his knees and pull out a small device and activates it.

 

      Mack: Jodie! Get out of there!

 

The Sorceress leaps backwards and flies into the air but Skeletor powers up a fireball and hits her in the back. She yells and falls back to the ground. Mack throws the device at Skeletor and it explodes as it hit the ground. Skeletor steps out of the smoke and fire completely unharmed and laughs.

 

      Skeletor: Pathetic.

 

To Skeletor's left the wall of a building explodes outward as Trent and Panthor emerge.

 

Skeletor: Good Panthor, just don't play with him too long before you kill him. These heroes have a nasty habit for coming back on you.

 

Jane: (OS) No!

 

Jane runs up behind Skeletor and strikes him with her sword but the blow is defected by his armor.

 

      Skeletor: Oh come now, did you really expect that to work?

 

Skeletor back hands Jane and she skids down the street.

 

Skeletor: Is this it? Where is the great He-Man when his friends need him? Where- ahhh!

 

Skeletor drops to the ground and we see the Sorceress standing behind him with an energy ball in her hand.

 

Sorceress: Don't worry, he'll be here soon and then you'll find out what true power is.

 

Skeletor gets up and starts laughing again.

 

      Skeletor: I already have true power, my dear Sorceress!

 

Skeletor swings his sword up and brings it down toward her.

Back on the snowy mountain He-Man and Wildcat are slowly starting up the side of a mountain. They are beaten down by heavy snow and wind. Wildcat falls and He-Man helps her up and puts her arm around his neck to help support her.

 

      He-Man: Hold on, it can't be too much further.

 

      Wildcat: I-I can't make it, it's so cold.

 

      He-Man: You can and will make it, remember your reputation?

 

Wildcat gives a slight smile and they continue. He-Man looks ahead of them and sees the air begin to shimmer and the snow clear.

 

      He-Man: What the...

 

They continue on and as they reach the disturbance all of the snow dissipates and an opening in the side of the mountain appears. They step into the opening and slip and fall on the icy floor and slide into an icy tunnel. The icy walls of the tunnel reflect thousands of colors and emit an ethereal light. When He-Man and Wildcat slide out of the tunnel they find themselves inside a massive ice cave, large icicles hang from the ceiling and large pillars of ice covered in carvings are scattered throughout the chamber. To the right and the left of the ice tunnel are stairs that lead to thrones carved out of ice and immediately above the tunnel is a platform on which stands a giant statue of soldier kneeling with a large axe resting on the ground in front of it. He-Man and Wildcat stand and look around the cave.

 

Wildcat: (shivering) I-is th-this wh-where we're s-supposed t-to b-be?

 

He-Man: I think so... but where is the Frost Armor?

 

Voice: (OS) You come here seeking the Frost Armor?

 

They look around for the source of the voice but there is no one around.

 

He-Man: Yes, an evil being called Skeletor has discovered the Blaze Armor and is threatening the world, I need the Frost Armor to defeat him.

 

Voice: (OS) There is no threat to this planet. Leave this sacred place now.

 

He-Man: You are wrong; if I don't get the Frost Armor then Skeletor will destroy Earth.

 

Voice: (OS) Earth? I have no reason to save Earth. Return to your planet.

 

He-Man: Return to my planet? What do you mean, this is Earth.

 

Voice: (OS) No, this is Friza.

 

He-Man: Friza? I don't understand-

 

Voice: (OS) It matters not, you will leave NOW!

 

The fierceness of the voice causes the cave to shudder and a few small icicles fall to the floor and shatter.

 

He-Man: I will not! You may not care about Earth, but I do. Now give me the Frost Armor or I'll take it!

 

The cave is silent for a moment then a low laugh begins.

 

Voice: (OS) You fool... the Frost Armor cannot be taken nor may it be given. It must be earned in battle; but the Frost Armor is not destined for you, if you take it you will die. If you willing to sacrifice your own life to save your world, then so be it, I will allow you to try.

 

Behind them the platform and statue above the tunnel drops down, the statue lands on its feet and stands up to its full height and raises its axe over its head and appears to be stretching. Meanwhile the platform has swung down to completely seal off the tunnel. The statue rests its axe on its shoulder and looks down at He-Man and Wildcat.

 

Statue (formerly Voice): Ah! Now then, if you can defeat me, then the Frost Armor shall be yours.

 

Statue raises his foot and tries to step on He-Man and Wildcat but they jump to either side. He-Man gets back up and punches his leg then grabs his hand in pain.

 

      He-Man: Ow, this thing is hard.

 

      Statue: Don't tell me that's all you have.

 

Statue raises his axe and brings it down toward He-Man who side-steps it then jumps up onto the handle and runs up it and onto Statue's arm. Statue slaps He-Man off with its other hand and he smashes through one of the ice pillars. Behind Statue Wildcat is climbing one of the other ice pillars; she looks down at him and leaps onto his head and begins clawing at it. Statue howls in pain and drops his axe to pull her off while He-Man digs himself out of the snow and ice he was buried in. He sees Wildcat fighting with Statue but he also sees the giant axe and runs over to it. With a great effort He-Man lifts the axe and begins to swing it around in a circle.

 

      He-Man: Wildcat! Heads up!

 

She sees what he is planning and leaps off of Statue just as He-Man lets the axe go. Statue turns in time to see the axe right before it takes its head off. When the head hits the ground the cave begins to shudder and the center of the floor drops away and a small alter rises up in the center of the crevasse with the Frost Armor resting on it.

 

Statue: The Frost Armor is yours, but first you must get to it, then we will see if you live or die.

 

He-Man and Wildcat look across the crevasse then at each other and He-Man smiles while Wildcat looks worried.

Back high above Lawndale Skeletor has created a set of wings out of fire and is chasing Daria through the air.

 

      Skeletor: You can run all you want, but I will get you- Ahhh!

 

The Sorceress drives her staff into Skeletor's back and tries to slash him with the power sword but Skeletor manages to block the attack with his flaming sword.

 

      Skeletor: Starting to play dirty now? Fine by me.

 

Skeletor snaps his fingers and creates an oval shaped fireball which he throws over the Sorceress' head. The fireball cracks open like an egg and a dragon of fire springs out and attacks her. Skeletor hovers in the air laughing until Daria slams into him and blasts him at point-blank range. His fire wings disappear and he falls as Daria flies up to help the Sorceress. Skeletor recreates his wings and just barely manages to avoid hitting the ground. He starts to fly up again but he collides with Panthor and together they hit the ground. Mack, his armor ripped open and blood dripping out, and Trent, with cuts all over his body, come around the corner in pursuit of Panthor. Skeletor pushes the cat off of himself and gets up scowling at it.

 

Skeletor: Pathetic cat, I warned you not to play with him too long, now get up and finish the job!

 

Panthor gets up and leaps at Mack and Trent, Mack raises the energy pistol which he is holding in his left arm and fires on Panthor with little effect. Trent grabs the cat and flips him over his head and onto its back then proceeds to pummel it. Skeletor drops his head in disgust.

 

      Skeletor: You want something done right...

 

Skeletor advances on them.

Back in the ice cave the armor is gone from the alter and the ice column begins to crack and fall back into the crevasse.

 

      He-Man: (OS) Nice jump.

 

      Wildcat: (OS) Y-you c-c-could've w-ww-warned m-m-me f-ff-first.

 

He-Man: (OS) If I told you I was going to toss you over there you would have ripped my arm off.

 

Wildcat: (OS) I s-s-s-still m-m-m-might...!

 

He-Man steps over to the edge and we finally see what his armor looks like. His left shoulder pad has three large icicles jutting out of it and there is a white fur pelt that is connected to his pads that hangs down to his knees. His brown leather boots have been replaced by white furry boots tied together with brown leather straps. When he turns back to us we see that he is wearing a light blue head band with a star of ice, his normal harness straps have turned light blue and meet at an Iron cross crest made of ice. On both wrists he wears gauntlets that are silver and light blue. Lastly his loincloth is now made out of the same fur that his cape is and it is fastened to a silver belt that bears the same symbol as his head band.

He walks over to Wildcat; her normal brown armor has changed to a silver armor with shoulder pads that have icicles extending from them and a star made of ice is located in the center. Her arms and legs are now covered with white and light blue fur that connects to her armor. Both of them are surrounded by transparent vapor cloud and whenever they talk their breath can be seen.

 

      He-Man: You sure you're okay? You're shivering more now.

 

      Wildcat: I-I'll b-b-be f-f-fine...

 

Statue: (OS) It has already begun for her. Your power protects you for now but soon you too will succumb. You must hurry if you wish her to live.

 

He-Man: But the tunnel is blocked, how do we get back?

 

Statue: The tunnel is only one-way, to return you must travel another way... I... am not completely unsympathetic to your plight. So I will help you return.

 

Across the cave opposite from the ice tunnel another doorway opens.

 

Statue: Inside you'll find a ship that will take you back to your world, just say where you wish to go and it will do the rest.

 

He-Man: We can't just take your ship...

 

Statue: Go, once you are home safely it will return to me, now hurry, for your time grows shorter.

 

He-Man: Thank you, uh, what do I call you?

 

Statue: A friend, now go!

 

He-Man walks over to Wildcat and picks up a silver cylinder and holds it out as a blade of ice extends from both sides then disappears back into it and he locks it into a groove on his right gauntlet. Then he picks up a long pole with a circle on the top, when he holds it up two blades of ice extend from the circle into an axe and then disappear as he slides it into a sheath hidden under his cape. Last he picks up a small shield that he locks onto his left gauntlet.

 

      He-Man: Let's go Wildcat.

 

He picks her up and carries her through the opening to find the ship.

Back in Lawndale Skeletor stands in the middle of a crossroad laughing as the masters lie scattered around him.

 

      Skeletor: Now then, who's up next?

 

Right at that moment a fire truck turns the corner behind Skeletor and starts in his direction.

 

      Skeletor: Ah how nice, a volunteer!

 

Skeletor creates a fireball in his hand and draws back to throw it. On his right Jane looks up and realizes what he is going to do.

 

      Jane: No!

 

Jane hits Skeletor's arm as he throws sending his fireball off target and exploding a parked car. The explosion startles the driver and he overcorrects and the fire truck flips onto its side.

Skeletor grabs Jane by the throat and lifts her up off the ground.

 

      Skeletor: You are beginning to annoy me.

 

In response she kicks Skeletor in the head as Daria and the Sorceress tackle him from behind. Jane is released and she falls to the ground coughing. Daria and the Sorceress are struggling to hold Skeletor down when Panthor lands in front of them and swipes at them forcing them to release Skeletor and back away. An energy blast from off-screen hits Panthor sending him through another wall. Mack barley standing drops his cannon arm and falls to his knees. Trent steps into view behind him and helps him get back up. Skeletor gets up and turns to look at them all.

 

Skeletor: Look at you, all of you. Why don't you just give up, I promise not to kill you if you do... but if you continue - I guarantee you'll die.

 

The Sorceress moving in a blur runs behind Skeletor and throws him into the air and Mack with Trent's help raises his cannon and fires. The shot is perfect but Skeletor's armor protects him with a shield of fire.

 

      Skeletor: Have it your way.

 

His eyes burn red and he puts his hands together. Trent yells and lets go of Mack's cannon arm as it begins to glow red. Mack starts trying to detach it but it's too hot for him.

 

Mack: Oh no, I can't get it off! Oh god I can't get it off! It's burning me!

 

Sorceress: Mack!

 

She rushes over to him and grabs the armor at the shoulder and rips it off his arm as Mack screams in pain. Skeletor begins to laugh but notices Trent looking beyond him. He turns to see Jane helping the firefighters out of the overturned truck.

 

      Skeletor: Did I say anyone could leave?

 

He powers up a fireball and hurls it at the truck. The exploration sends Jane flying across the street and through a shop window.

 

      Trent: Jane!

 

Trent's yell becomes a roar and his eyes change into Beastman's eyes - yellow with black slits.

Skeletor lands and backs away from Trent.

 

Skeletor: Ah, so there's still some fight left in you, well I'd love to finish you off but I promised that honor to Panthor!

 

Panthor emerges from the building and attacks Skeletor but Trent just backhands it out of his way and charges at Skeletor.

 

      Trent: (In Beastman's voice) No, I want you!

 

Before he can defend himself Trent is on top of him pounding him again and again. Skeletor manages to push him off and tries to get away but Trent grabs his leg and lifts him into the air and slams him back to the ground. Skeletor throws a fireball at him but he just swats it away and ignoring them burns on his arms he grabs Skeletor's other leg and hurls him down the street and into the burning wreckage of the fire truck. Trent begins stalking toward him.

 

      Trent: You hurt Jane, you hurt my sister!

 

Trent runs the rest of the way and grabs Skeletor by the throat and begins choking him. Skeletor creates a small fireball and forces it into Trent's face. Trent screams and releases Skeletor who fires another fireball into Trent's chest knocking him away. Skeletor rises and holds both of his hands above his head and creates a massive fireball which he throws at Trent. Before the fireball hits him a wall of ice appears blocking it.

 

      He-Man: (OS) Why don't you try that on me?

 

Skeletor turns and looks up to see He-Man standing on top of the borrowed ship.

 

      Skeletor: He-Man?

 

      He-Man: Yeah, now let's do this!

 

He-Man jumps off the ship and draws his axe. Skeletor's flaming sword appears in his hand and he steadies himself for He-Man's attack but just before the two blades meet He-Man and Skeletor freeze. There is a flash and they are thrown backward as their respective armors break away from them. The frost armor becomes a pulsating blue ball of light as the Blaze armor becomes a pulsating red light.

 

      Skeletor: What!? What's happening!

 

He-Man: (whispering) He said the armor wasn't meant for me... it was meant for you.

 

Skeletor: What are you babbling about?

 

The two orbs begin to circle them and slowly close inward. Suddenly the red light slams into He-Man as the Blue light slams into Skeletor. There is another flash of light as the two sets of armor reform on their new masters. He-Man's armor consists of a bronze dragon helmet, red shoulder pads with bronze accents, a bronze chest plate with a red crystal flame inlaid with an iron cross, and bronze arms and legs with red flame markings that glow slightly running down the sides. On his back we can see a sword handle sticking up and a large round shield. The air around He-Man simmers from the heat rising from him. Skeletor's armor is mostly hidden under a light blue cloak lined with black fur with four ice spikes on each shoulder. What we can see of his armor appears to be layers of bluish ice with various patterns of white that cover his entire body. On his chest is a white weapon shaped like the blade of a double-sided axe and Skeletor's body is surrounded by ice vapors.

 

      He-Man: Wow, the power...

 

      Skeletor: ...it's incredible!

 

The Sorceress: He-Man!

 

He-Man speaks without looking away from Skeletor.

 

He-Man: Take care of the others, this is my fight.

 

Behind He-Man a shadow rises up and leaps at him - it is Panthor now covered by a light blue harness with icicles and ice spikes - but before it can attack He-Man Wildcat, in her new transformed state, lands on its head slamming it to the ground. Now Wildcat's body armor is now a blazing red with black stripes that extends down to her knees where it ends with a ring of black fur. On her shoulders are a pair of small black shoulder pads and underneath them the new armor extends down her arms.

 

      Wildcat: Bad kitty. Hey babe.

 

      He-Man: You okay?

 

She leaps off of Panthor and lands softly next to He-Man.

 

      Wildcat: I feel perrrrfect!

 

      Skeletor: Enough! Let's finish this once and for all!

 

      He-Man: You read my mind.

 

In an instant He-Man has drawn his sword and it erupts in flames and he rushes Skeletor.

 

      Skeletor: Come on He-Man, still using the same old tactics?

 

      He-Man: No, I have something new in mind.

 

He-Man slashes the air and a blade of fire shoots toward Skeletor ducks under it then retaliates by throwing a spear of ice at He-Man who vaporizes it with his flaming sword.

 

      Skeletor: It appears to be a draw once again.

 

      He-Man: No, not this time.

 

      Skeletor: As you wish, take this!

 

Skeletor pounds the ground and a wave of sharp ice spikes shoot toward He-Man who pulls his shield off his back to block them. When he lowers his shield Skeletor is gone.

 

      Skeletor: Die He-Man!

 

He-Man looks up and sees Skeletor falling toward him with his axe drawn.

Meanwhile Wildcat faces off against Panthor. She runs toward it but Panthor growls and fires a beam from its mouth that covers the ground with ice that Wildcat slips and falls.

 

Wildcat: Oh, I see kitty has learned a new trick, but haven't we all?

 

She back flips off of the ice and lands on her feet and her left hand, but in her right she holds a fireball which she throws along the ice melting it. The fireball explodes in front of Panthor who jumps to the side avoiding the blast then rushes her.

 

      Wildcat: Time for another trick.

 

Wildcat's fur around her knees and elbows and her fists turn to flame and she disappears. Panthor lands on the spot where Wildcat was and looks around for her, suddenly she appears in front of him and delivers a powerful uppercut and follows it with a spin kick that sends Panthor skidding across the pavement. Panthor looks up as Wildcat disappears again only to reappear directly in front of him.

 

      Wildcat: Finished already? Too bad I'm not.

 

She drives her fist down as-

Cut to He-Man diving under a wave of ice shards then charging toward Skeletor. He jumps into the air and slams his hands together then pulls them apart creating a massive fireball which he fires at Skeletor; the force of the attack drives He-Man further up into the air. Skeletor summersaults backward away from the fireball but when it hits the explosion sends debris in all direction, Skeletor is struck by a large chunk of asphalt and falls back. When he looks up he sees He-Man falling toward him with his sword pointed at his head, Skeletor rolls out of the way just as He-Man drives his sword into the ground. Quickly Skeletor pulls the axe blade off of his chest plate and strikes the blade of He-Man's sword - both weapons shatter and inflict small wounds on both warriors. They back away from each other and resume their stare down.

 

      Skeletor: Now what will you do without your precious sword?

 

      He-Man: You forget that you too are weaponless?

 

      Skeletor: Am I now?

 

Skeletor pulls out a cylinder and a spear made of ice extends from on end. Skeletor rushes He-Man but he holds out his shield and two handles pop out on either side of it. He-Man grabs each handle and the shield bursts into flames then separates into two double-bladed axes. Skeletor tries to stop out of He-Man's range but his momentum is too great and He-Man swings one of his axes. Skeletor Jumps over the swing but He-man completes his rotation and aims for Skeletor with his second axe and hits him. Skeletor howls and falls away but he looks and sees that his armor took most of the blow and that he suffered only a minor cut.

 

      Skeletor: Enough, I think the time to end this has come.

 

Skeletor holds out his right hand and his chaos staff appears in his hand. He holds it high above his head and with his left hand he creates a ball of ice that he throws into the air. He fires an energy beam from his staff at it and the ball of ice stops in midair and begins to pulsate. Skeletor ends the energy beam then ducks down and covers himself with his cloak as shards of ice begin shooting out from the pulsating ball of ice. He-Man is struck many times by the ice shards and suffers cuts around his body.

 

      He-Man: That's your great plan?

 

Skeletor: Look around you He-Man! Watch as your precious town is covered in ice freezing everyone and everything in it!

 

He-Man looks around and realizes that what Skeletor said is coming true; as the ice shards hit the ground they begin to enlarge and cover everything, when he looks back at the ice ball he sees that the number of ice shards are increasing and that pulsation is becoming larger.

 

      He-Man: Damn.

 

He-Man takes his two axes and connects the handles together creating one weapon, the axe blades erupt into larger fires and he begins twirling the weapon over his head, heating up the area and melting the ice then evaporating it. He-Man yells at the top of his lungs and leaps into the air toward the ice ball. He is pelted with water as the heat from his axe-staff melts the ice shards, when he reaches the ice ball he twists around and slices through the ice ball instantly vaporizing it and bringing the spell to an end which allows the ice on the ground to begin melting. He-Man lands on the street okay but yells in pain as Skeletor drives his ice spear into his back. He-Man twists around and strikes Skeletor with his axe-staff and throwing him back through a wall.

 

      Skeletor: No, it can't... my armor should've-

 

He looks down and sees his ice armor melted and a large cut across his chest. He-Man reaches around and feels his back and finds the wound but not the ice spear, which is lying on the ground behind him. He raises his axe-staff and brings it down on the cylinder smashing it. Skeletor stands and stares across at He-Man who stares back his face full of rage.

 

      He-Man: Enough of these tricks, time to die!

 

He-Man tosses his axe-staff aside and rushes Skeletor slamming him through the wall on the other side of the building. Skeletor punches He-Man in his head forcing him to let go, but he quickly recovers and returns the favor striking Skeletor in the head. Skeletor swings wildly but misses and He-Man picks him up and slams him to the ground then raises his fist to hit him again.

 

      Skeletor: No, don't- Panthor help!

 

Something streaks from the building and stops next to He-Man, it's Wildcat.

 

      Wildcat: Sorry, but you little cat is down and out.

 

She drops Panthor's head armor next to Skeletor.

 

      Wildcat: Well now, shall we finish him?

 

She starts forward but He-Man stops her.

 

      He-Man: No, he's mine.

 

      Skeletor: Yours am I? Only if you can catch me He-Man!

 

Skeletor swings his hand in an arc sending icicles at He-Man and Wildcat. As they shield themselves Skeletor scrambles to his feet and runs off toward the school.

 

      Wildcat: That dirty son-of-a-

 

      He-Man: Stay here, he's mine.

 

      Wildcat: But-

 

      He-Man: He's mine!

 

In front of the school He-Man catches up to Skeletor and he clubs him across the back with his massive arm. The blow drives Skeletor forward and he slams into the Lawndale High School sign. Skeletor remains motionless as He-Man approaches him, but once he is close enough Skeletor kicks He-Man in his stomach, hits him with an upper-cut, then grabs a broken piece of the sign and smashes it on He-Man's head. He-Man drops to one knee but then charges forward and lifts Skeletor up onto his shoulder and drives him through the side of the school.

      Skeletor pounds on He-Man's back then yells as He-Man begins to squeeze him. Skeletor pushes He-man's head back with one hand while he draws back his other and drives it into the side of He-Man's head. He drops Skeletor who reaches up and begins to choke him, He-Man grabs Skeletor's hands and he begins to pull them apart. He head buts Skeletor twice then tries to punch Skeletor but he misses as Skeletor sidesteps his attack and follows up by grabbing the straps that normally hold his sword. Skeletor spins He-Man around and slams him into the opposite wall and quickly jumps on him landing blow after blow. He-Man can do little more that block each blow the best he can, but Skeletor makes a mistake by raising his right hand way up to try and end the battle with one blow.

Skeletor and He-Man move in slow-motion: He-Man grabs Skeletor's incoming arm with one hand, then punches Skeletor hard in his abdomen, then he drives both of his fists into Skeletor's back. He rolls Skeletor over and begins to pound on him with all his strength, with each punch the fire surrounding the Blaze armor grows in intensity. The sound of bone breaking is heard followed by He-Man's scream as the fires surrounding him engulf the room.

      Outside the school the masters slowly approach but dive for cover as the school suddenly explodes from within. They look up and see a figure emerging from the fire and smoke - it's He-Man and he is dragging the limp form of Skeletor, he drops him at the feet of the other masters.

 

      Mack: It's over...

 

      He-Man: No, not until he's dead.

 

      Sorceress: What! You can't kill him!

 

      He-Man: Watch me.

 

He-Man raises his hand and his sword appears in his hands but from out of nowhere Wildcat jumps him and snatches the sword from his grasp then leaps to a safe distance.

 

Wildcat: I want to see him dead as much as you, but not like this. I won't let you kill in cold blood. Not like he would.

 

He-Man starts toward her but stops when the Sorceress breaks away from the others an approaches him.

 

      Sorceress: You'll have to go through me too.

 

He-Man, Wildcat, and the Sorceress stand around the fallen Skeletor in a face off, but on its own the sword of power begins to glow and the Sorceress' armor disappears as the sword lifts out of the Sorceress' hands and floats over Skeletor's body, its blade facing down.

 

      He-man: See? Even the sword-

 

He stops as the blaze armor begins to flare up again.

 

      Wildcat: Wha, hey I'm glowing too!

 

Her armor leaves her and streaks toward He-Man and the blaze armor. Once the two are rejoined the blaze armor leaves He-Man and returns to its orb shape and floats over to join the sword of power. The red orb merges with the sword then fires a red beam encircled with white lightning at Skeletor. The frost armor reforms around him but then it too leaves him; trapped within the red electrified beam of energy. But then from Skeletor a second orb appears, a dark blue- almost black orb, the beam of red energy retracts pulling the second orb with it until it touches the Frost armor's orb and the two merge and turn black. There is a flash of white light and then the orb has returned to its original light blue but with a small black dot in its center. The sword and orb turns away from Skeletor and points toward the Sorceress and the sword fires another red electrified beam that propels the orb at the Sorceress. She is struck by the beam and the orb enters her body and instantly a golden glow surrounds her.

 

Sorceress: I-I feel normal; the sword restored the magic Skeletor took from me! And more it feels like, it must have converted the magic of the frost armor and gave it to me as well.

 

The swords' beam leaves her and returns to the sword, and then the red orb separates from the sword and changes into a red version of the sword of power. This new sword of flame turns toward Wildcat streaks right at her; at the last second it flips and she catches it by the handle. The sword's glow begins to cover her entire body and she raises it up high and speaks the magic words-

 

      Wildcat: From the fires of Greyskull!

 

She bursts into fire which quickly subsides and she is once again wearing her blaze armor but this time she has the red crystal flame inlaid with an iron cross on her chest plate.

 

Wildcat: I have the power! Wow... so this is what the full power of the blaze armor is like. But how, and why me? Oh, I understand- that makes sense.

 

He-Man: Who are you talking to?

 

Wildcat: My sword, it's communicating with me, it says that it chose me as its master because I needed it more than any of us who could wield it. The sorceress received her power back as well as the added power of the frost armor...

 

The sword of power floats back over to He-Man and he takes it.

 

Wildcat: ...you have the sword of power, and none of the others would be able to wield it, because they were not exposed to it in its natural state. What? N-no, I can't do that- I won't do that!

 

He-Man: What is it, what is the sword telling you to do?

 

Wildcat: It, it wants me to return the power! Oh Kevvie I-I can't do that, I can't turn back into that cheerleader! (to the sword) I trust you but this is- I-

 

Wildcat looks at He-Man and over to the others before returning her gaze to the red sword she holds in her hand.

 

      Wildcat: Okay... I'll trust you.

 

She holds the sword up into the air as a tear rolls down the side of her face.

 

      Wildcat: Let the power return!

 

Once again she bursts into flames and when they recede Britney is standing where wildcat was. Britney gives everyone a confused look then stares at the sword in her hand.

 

      He-Man: Uh, Britney?

 

Britney grins then jumps into He-Man's arms.

 

      Britney: C'mere babe!

 

She and He-Man share a long deep kiss then she pulls away.

 

      Britney: ...and call me Kat.

 

Cut to the barn: Skeletor has been chained to a pole that once held a scarecrow, which lies on the ground at Skeletor's feet, and is surrounded by the masters.

 

      Skeletor: This is humiliating, beaten by a group of kids.

 

He-Man: Hey Jodie, is this spell going to take much longer, bone head here is starting to annoy me.

 

Across the field the Sorceress is busy opening a portal, through it we can see a grey, desolate wasteland.

 

Sorceress: Almost ready.

 

Wildcat steps out from behind Skeletor.

 

Wildcat: So, whatcha planning on doing once we get your new place all set up?

 

Skeletor: Why I plan on heading straight back here to finish you all off. One by one.

 

Sorceress: I don't think so Skeletor, see now that I have my power back and then some my senses have been enhanced and I sense that you are way weaker that when you first showed up here. Maybe even weaker than the last time you were exiled. Well I'm all done, would you please do the honor He-Man.

 

He-Man: My pleasure. Good-bye Skeletor.

 

Jane: ...and please do forget to write.

 

He-Man pulls up the whole post and throws it and Skeletor into the portal which closes up behind him.

 

Jane: Well, as fun as this has been I'm going to sleep for a week, maybe two. Oh and thanks again for the quick heal job Jodie, I never liked hospitals and I wouldn't want to have to explain what happened.

 

Sorceress: It's cool; you just have to help me out on my next school event.

 

Jane: Ah yeah, like that's going to happen. See Ya.

 

Sorceress: Wait, what about him.

 

She points over at Trent who has fallen asleep against the side of the barn.

 

Jane: He'll been fine I'll come back in his car and pick him up later.

 

Daria: I guess I have to go home to family court; I'll probably be grounded for years.

 

Jane: Not with those handy dandy wings of yours amiga. So how about a lift back home?

 

Daria looks annoyed.

 

Daria: How about a three mile drop?

 

Jane: Hey it was just a suggestion...

 

The two friends walk off together.

 

Mack: Couldn't you have just teleported them home?

 

Sorceress: Yes, but I think they want to take their time. Well You two ready to go?

 

Wildcat: Almost.

 

She and He-Man hold up their swords.

 

      He-Man & Wildcat: Let the power return!

 

He-Man is struck by lightning while Wildcat burst into flames and a second later Kevin and Britney stand in their place.

 

      Kevin: Lets go Brit-

 

      Britney: I told you to call me Kat, babe.

 

      Sorceress: So where to?

 

      Kevin: Brit- uh Kat's house, I can walk from there.

 

      Sorceress: Okay.

 

She raises her staff and a portal opens up and the front of Britney's house is seen. Kevin and Britney step through the portal and it closes behind them.

 

Sorceress: Okay, all that's left is to check on the others then we can go home.

 

They walk into the barn quietly as to not wake up the sleeping Trent and then enter the hidden chamber and stop dead in their tracks.

 

      Sorceress: Oh my god!

 

      Mack: What the hell?

 

Cut to: a dark chamber - two large silver robotic guards with a red and black bat symbol step into a lighted circle. Between them they carry a chained person wearing a purple cloak - it's Skeletor. They drop him into the light then turn and reenter the darkness. Skeletor gets onto his knees and looks up at a large ominous throne upon which sets someone half hidden by shadows.

 

Voice from the Throne: Ah, so it is you... When the portal was opened I did not know what to expect, but when I senses a being with a high level of power, a being I could use, I redirected that portal here. I had no idea that it was you, Skeletor. This promises to be most interesting. Guards hold him; Shadow Weaver... bind his power.

 

From the darkness the robotic guards step back out of the darkness and pick up Skeletor. Then from the right a woman in a violet garb that hides her face in darkness emerges, her hands begin to glow red as she approaches him.

 

      Shadow Weaver: As you command, Lord Mordak.

 

      Skeletor: (weakly) M-Mordak? No, no stay away.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

The sick sad world theme begins followed by its logo. As the narrator speaks an artist reconstruction of Daria and the Sorceress in flight and Jane clashing swords with a demon appears onscreen.

 

Narrator: Are angels and demons openly battling each other on the earth. That's what these four firefighters claim they witnessed.

 

Four nervous-looking firefighters appear onscreen for a few seconds and then they are replaced by the Sick, Sad World logo again.

 

Narrator: Holy Battlefield: Earth, next on sick, sad world!

 

Cut to: Daria and Jane - Jane stands at her easel paintbrush centimeters from the canvas dripping paint. Daria lays on the bed staring at the TV, in shock she lets the remote drop form her hand.

 

      Jane: Okay, how do we explain this one?