Lawndale high's picnic by Jane (hello_kitty_28@yahoo.com) (It's a beautiful sunny day. Daria walks to Jane's house. She rings the doorbell. Jane opens the door.) JANE: Yo! DARIA: Hey Jane. Why aren't you ready? JANE: You forgot that we had to find people who could drive? We have a ride to school and after... to the park for the picnic... and after to come back home... DARIA: Oh yeah... Sorry... I'm still sleeping. JANE: You will ride with Trent... okay? I wannabe with Jesse... DARIA: Of course! (Jane glances at Daria but Daria glares back. Trent arrives in Jane's back.) TRENT: Hey Daria! DARIA: (looks down) Hey! TRENT: You are ready? DARIA: hmmm... I guess... TRENT: Let's go then... come on... (Jane smiles at Daria and turns to kiss Jesse. Trent and Daria walk to Trent's car. When they are gone, Jane and Jesse walk to Jesse's mom's car and drive off.) (Cut in Trent's car. Nobody's talking. "Dreaming of you" by Selena is playing on the radio. Daria is blushing as she listen to the lyrics of the song... probably that she almost feels the same than Selena when she wrote this song... "Wonder if you ever see me and I Wonder if you know I'm there (am I there, am I?) If you looked in my eyes would you see what's inside Would you even care? I just wanna hold you close but so far All I have are dreams of you So I wait for the day To take the courage to say I much I live you..." (Trent glances at Daria and sees that she looks a little embarrassed... so he turns off the radio. They arrive at Lawndale high and get out of the car. They walk to the teachers.) DIMARTINO: Oh... If it is not MR. Trent Lane... I'm HAPPY to see you AGAIN! But I'm HAPPIER to see that MR. Trent LANE finely found SOMEONE intelligent to hang WITH! (Trent glares at Mr. DiMartino.) TRENT: Well... Mr. DiMartino... Daria is a good friend of my sister and I really like to talk and be with her... 'Cause she is very smart and nice... (Mr. DiMartino walks away.) BARCH: Well, well... A man who know something... but be careful Daria... He can only say that to disguise what he really mean! All men are like that! (Mrs. Barch walks away. Trent glances at Daria.) TRENT: What's her problem? DARIA: Be careful with her Trent... she's like this with every guy since her husband... huh... ex-husband left her... TRENT: Oh... okay... I'll be careful... (Daria smiles to him, he smiles back.) (Cut to see Jesse who stops the car in the Lawndale high parking area. They walk away from the car.) JANE: Hey... Daria? How was the ride? Did Trent did anything wrong? DARIA: No... stop it now... okay? JANE: Hmmm... DARIA: Shut up Jane! TRENT: Yeah... shut up Janey... will you? JESSE: Hey man... you could be nice with your sister you know! TRENT: Shut up Jesse! JANE: Oh... stop fighting... Jesse... Trent was kidding... okay? JESSE: (looking angry) Hmmm! If you say so! JANE: I meant it... JESSE: Okay then... (Cut to see Jane, Jesse, Daria and Trent waiting...) LI: Jesse will give a ride to Jane, Kevin and Brittany. JANE: Damn it! LI: Trent will give a ride to Daria, Jodie and Mack. DARIA: Not that worst. LI: Up... Charles will give a ride to... (Cut to see Jane and Jesse talking in Jesse's car.) JANE: Why the hell did we have to ride with them? JESSE: I don't know! (Cut to see Brittany and her Kevviie in the backseat. They are making out.) BRITTANY: Oh Kevviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie! KEVIN: BABEEEEEEEEEE! (Cut back to Jane.) JANE: hmmm... (Cut to see Daria and Trent in Trent's car.) JODIE: (offscreen) ...and he got lost... and... MACK: No I didn't... JODIE: Hey... you know you did Mack... so... stop it okay? MACK: hmmm... (Cut to see anyone to the picnic. Brittany and Kevin are making out in a "bathroom". Jodie and Mack are talking normally to each other. Upchuck is running after some cute little girls. Mrs. Barch is talking to the poor Mr. O'Neil. Mr. DiMartino is talking with Mrs. Li. Jane and Jesse are kissing each other. Daria and Trent try to find something to talk about.) TRENT: So Daria... what do you wanna talk about? DARIA: I don't know... you? TRENT: I don't know! (They smile shyly at each other and look down.) (Cut to see Jane and Jesse talking. Jane is lie on the floor with her head on Jesse's leg. Jesse is sat on the floor.) JANE: Oh... look at them... they are too cute together... JESSE: Cool! JANE: Do you think they will tell each other someday? JESSE: I don't know! But it would be cool! JANE: Yeah... Look how they look at each other! JESSE: Cool! JANE: Jesse stop saying "cool" okay? JESSE: Hmmm... co... (Jane kisses him before he says it.) (Cut to Mrs. Barch and Mr. O'Neill.) O'NEILL: But Mrs.... BARCH: Don't say anything... I know what you will tell! O'NEILL: But... I love you! BARCH: What? O'NEILL: huh... (Mrs. Barch almost "jumps" on him and kisses him and kisses him...) (Cut to see Daria and Trent.) TRENT: ...but you know Daria... who can tell it? I don't even know myself if I will still live over my parents house next year... DARIA: Me either! TRENT: What do you mean? DARIA: Huh... Never mind! TRENT: Hmmm... okay! (Daria smiles a little.) TRENT: Hmmm... Daria? (Cut to see Upchuck.) UPCHUCK: But... Come back! Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrow... (The girl slaps Upchuck in the face...) UPCHUCK: Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrow... Feisty! GIRL: Shut up Upchuck! UPCHUCK: But... GIRL: And go to hell! (The girl walks away...) UPCHUCK: Feisty! Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrow... (Looking a new coming girl.) UPCHUCK: Hello Miss! GIRL: Huh? What do you want... you pervert! UPCHUCK: Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrow... Feisty! (Cut to an hour later. Daria is sitting on the ground. Jane and Jesse are kissing a little far away. Trent is sleeping not very far from her. Upchuck walks to her.) UPCHUCK: Hello lady! How are you today? DARIA: I was fine before you come here Upchuck! UPCHUCK: You shouldn't say that kind of thing to me Daria! I know that you love me! DARIA: Me? Love you? Are you kidding? UPCHUCK: Nope! DARIA: Hey... go see a doctor Upchuck... You really need it! UPCHUCK: Hmmm... feisty! Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrow! DARIA: Shut up! UPCHUCK: You know you should say: " I love you Upchuck!" 'Cause if you don't, you will stay the rest of your life alone Daria... And you really know that nobody except me want of your big brain and your little poor body and your insensitive expression and of everything else in you. (Trent who just woke up, heard everything Upchuck just say to Daria. He glances at Daria and sees that she almost crying. He glares at Upchuck.) TRENT: (Very angry. Screaming.) SHUT UP! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SO, JUST SHUT UP! DARIA IS MY SISTER'S BEST FRIEND, AND MY FRIEND AND I WON'T LET YOU TALK LIKE THIS TO HER, 'CAUSE... 'Cause I love her... and she know that what I'm saying is true, not what you're saying! You are only a big jealous. I did look at you a few times this morning, and all I saw was a guy running after every girl he did see. The only thing you want is having sex and like no one seems to like you, you try to have my Daria, my girlfriend, just to show you can have a girlfriend. (Daria is surprised by those words.) TRENT: (continued) So, I ask you to let Daria alone now and, go find a girl who like you. The new time you'll come near to my sister Janey or my girlfriend, I'll kick your pervert ass, okay? UPCHUCK: (in shock) Wh... wh... what? TRENT: You understood me! Now let us alone, okay? (Upchuck runs away. Daria and Trent look at each other and smile. Trent moves closer to Daria and kisses her. First, very softly, but it become a very passionate kiss!) JANE: Oh... Aren't they cute? JESSE: Yup! TRENT & DARIA: (between kisses) SHUT UP! The end... (Or is it???)