Good Deed For The Day

 

An 'Iron Chef' Challenge by Brother Grimace

 

 

MsHand, who proposed a similar challenge to the 'Stacy Challenge' Iron Chef set forth by Angelinhel, inspired this fic.

 

Take the following paragraph and use it to write a fic in any fashion you choose.

 

One sunny afternoon Sandi Griffin strolled downstairs to watch Fashion Vision, diet soda in one hand and Waif in the other. But what she saw when she arrived in the living room stopped her in her tracks...

 

 

 

One sunny afternoon Sandi Griffin strolled downstairs to watch Fashion Vision, diet soda in one hand and Waif in the other. But what she saw when she arrived in the living room stopped her in her tracks...


"SURPRISE!"


Sandi almost dropped her soda as the room exploded with cheers as the mass of teenagers - her former Fashion Club cohorts at the front - were waiting for her with a large, incredibly beautiful birthday cake!

"Come on, Sandi - make a wish and blow out the candles!" Stacy Rowe squealed, taking Sandi by the hand and pulling the stunned young woman in. "You didn't think everyone would forget your eighteenth birthday, did you?"

Quinn Morgendorffer watched as Sandi blew out the candles on her cake, and then turned to the window, where her sister Daria and Jane Lane were peeking inward. She smiled a gentle smile of gratitude, and mouthed 'Thank you'.

"You know, Daria - sometimes I think you actually have a heart."

"I do - but it's a time-share. I caught a good deal on Ebay."

The two girls started away from the noises of celebration flowing from the Griffin home. "You didn't have to help Quinn carry off a birthday party for Sandi, Daria. Why did you?"

"Because I put Ex-Lax in the baking chocolate for the cake."

"Really. Why'd you help?"

Daria was silent for a moment. "Ever seen the old Spider-Man cartoon from the 1960's?"

"Yes?"

"When Peter went to the Daily Bugle to get a job, J. Jonah Jameson didn't hire him at first. Just after Peter left his office, JJJ called his secretary to stop Peter and tell him he's hired."

"How does that tie in with Sandi?"

"Because of what he said after," Daria replied. "...And that's my good deed for the day." She sighed. "Everyone should have a happy moment or two. Sandi's mother wasn't going to do anything, and Quinn asked, so..." Her voice trailed off.

They walked along in silence. "You know, you're not as cynical as you make yourself out to believe."

"Yes, I am. I believe that if you get run over by a bus, I'll only stop crying long enough to empty out your pockets."

More silence.

"You're a caring person, did you know that?"

"Dead girls tell no tales. Did you know that?"

"Great. That means you buy the pizza. The dead carry no cash."

END

 

31 May 2007