[[This is a Mystik Spiral music video. I'll say it was filmed about 3 years after IICY. I'm thinking about building a story around its creation, but not sure yet. This is my first attempt at anything like this, so don't expect too much. All feedback is welcome]]

 

 

Mystik Spiral

"Combat Girl"

 

 

(Start with a bit of feedback from a guitar, a door in a bar, close zoom on the bottom, just as it opens. We see a pair of black combat boots step in as the music starts [think typical Mystik Spiral, maybe a bit like "Icebox Woman"] as the camera continues upward, Trent starts to sing)

 

 

You got your boots on tonight

And you look ready to fight

 

The camera pans up a pair of bare legs to a black pleated skirt that falls just above the knees. Then, we see a black jacket, unzipped halfway, revealing a dark green shirt beneath)

 

And I'm thinking I might

Have found the love of my life

 

(The camera finally reaches the face of our star and reveals it to be none other than Daria. She is almost unrecognizable. Her hair is pulled back in a low bun, and she's got the dreaded contacts in, with just a hint of eyeliner and lipstick. She looks around with little interest, and makes her way to the bar, ignoring everyone around her as the band jumps into the chorus)

 

Combat girl

You've got those boots on

Combat girl

Yeah you're headstrong

Combat girl

This stupid love song

Will never be enough for you

 

(Daria orders a drink, and turns, leaning back against the bar as she takes a sip. She glances around again, looking bored, raising an eyebrow slightly as her gaze falls on the stage. At this point, we see that Mystik Spiral is the band performing. She hides a small smirk, taking another sip of her drink)

 

You'd just laugh at bouquets

If I sent chocolate your way

 

(We watch from Trent's pov as a guy approaches Daria, she shoots him a look and he turns away without even speaking to her)

 

You'd slice me like a filet

So I just think I'll say... Hey

 

(Cut to a close-up of Trent as he sings the chorus)

 

Combat girl

You've got those boots on

 

(The camera cuts between Trent and Daria, she sets her drink down and puts her elbows on the bar behind her, shooting him a look that screams "Just try it")

 

Combat girl

Yeah you're headstrong

Combat girl

This stupid love song

 

(Trent takes off his guitar and jumps off the stage, the music drops to just the bass and the drums as he makes his way across the bar, almost growling the bridge of the song)

 

Come a little closer baby

Let me feel your light

 

(Daria raises one eyebrow as he draws near, she looks him up and down once)

 

I promise not to be prince charming

If you promise that you'll bite

 

(She pushes off the bar, crossing her arms across her chest as he finally closes the gap, stopping just inches from her. They stare each other down for a few seconds as Jesse starts strumming the guitar, building volume slowly)

 

Just take me home tonight

 

(She smirks a little, uncrossing her arms as she turns to go. She's almost out of reach when Trent grabs her arm as the band stops for a second, then launches back into the tune as she turns her head and Trent starts to sing again)

 

I see your face in my dreams

And in those Hollywood scenes

 

(Trent moves closer, turning her to face him and leaning down so his face is just inches from hers)

 

We take it to the extreme

Yeah you're makin me scream

 

(He puts his hand behind her head and jerks it back, leaning in for a kiss as the chorus starts)

 

Combat girl

 

(She smirks, shoving him back, and we see they are no longer in a bar, but a darkened bedroom. He falls back on the bed as she takes a step back)

 

You've got those boots on

Combat girl

 

(She slowly unzips her jacket as he sits up, leaning back on his hands, and grinning slyly.)

 

Yeah you're headstrong

Combat girl

 

(The jacket falls away, revealing that the green shirt beneath is a tank top that hugs some decent curves. She pulls a pin from her hair, shaking her head a little as it cascades across her shoulders. She walks toward him, licking her lips slowly)

 

This stupid love song

Will never be enough for you

 

(Daria straddles him on the bed, her hands tilting his head back as she leans in for a kiss, close up of Trent's face as he starts to close his eyes)

 

Yeah it'll never be enough for you

 

(Trent's eyes open again and he is back in the bar onstage)

 

I know I'll never be enough for you

 

(The camera swings back to Daria, as she drains her glass in one gulp and slams it on the bar, giving one last look as she turns to leave. The music dies slowly, until we just hear feedback again. Cut to Trent's face as he backs away from the mic, lowering his head and closing his eyes)

 

END